Fractal Suggestion: Living World Instances

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Tawniey.3796

Tawniey.3796

This has already been implemented once in the case of the molten facility, so perhaps it can be implemented again.

I understand that from a story perspective, the living world has to become unplayable after it it has finished it’s arc, otherwise changes to the open world would not be able to happen. However, I think it might satisfy the story-focused community more to have certain special event instances— like Canach’s lair, and killing Scarlet, available as Fractals of the Mists, so that newer players could experience key moments in the story’s history.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

This has already been implemented once in the case of the molten facility, so perhaps it can be implemented again.

I understand that from a story perspective, the living world has to become unplayable after it it has finished it’s arc, otherwise changes to the open world would not be able to happen. However, I think it might satisfy the story-focused community more to have certain special event instances— like Canach’s lair, and killing Scarlet, available as Fractals of the Mists, so that newer players could experience key moments in the story’s history.

This was only an issue for season 1. They changed the format afterward so Season 2 is not like this and all future living world seasons will not be.

Personally, I think they need to find a way to add the content back without using FotM. The best way would just be to add in the availability of instances, including the dungeons, and the appropriate points during the story just as they did with season 2.

They should actually remove the Molten Facility from Fractals and make it a story instance dungeon with the LW 1 release.