Fractal Tonic

Fractal Tonic

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sinon.4982

Sinon.4982

As it states on the wiki, you can receive the fractal tonic anywhere from levels 50 to 100, but they have no verification. So my question is: Has anyone received the fractal tonic since the fractal updates?

Fractal Tonic

Posted by: Aceofsppades.6873

Aceofsppades.6873

I have. It definitely is in the loot tables

Fractal Tonic

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

I have aswell.
/15char

Optimise [OP]

Fractal Tonic

Posted by: Kishlin.6271

Kishlin.6271

Got it like 2 weeks ago doing T4 dailies.

Fractal Tonic

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Its an incredibly rare drop. GW2 efficiency says that the most tonics anyone has received is 3 on their entire account. There was a lengthy discussion here a few weeks/months ago on whether the tonic should be more obtainable if you care to go look through that thread

Fractal Tonic

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The drop rate is precursor low. Don’t expect to see it.

Also, you’re misreading the wiki note. The text indicates a request for verification, meaning whoever last edited hadn’t seen posts like those from Aceofspaces, Loop, or Kishlin. Or if they had, they didn’t get a chance to edit the wiki. It doesn’t mean that there isn’t verification; it only means that verification (if it exists) hasn’t made it’s way to the article.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Fractal Tonic

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

I’ve looted it around two weeks ago or so

Fractal Tonic

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

I assume we now finally have all the owners of fractal tonics gathered in this thread.
Excluding me, I expect this tonic drop for me in the next 1000-2000 years. I also expect that Arenanet will soon double the drop rate, so it will drop for me in the next 500-1000 years – assuming I do every T4 daily every day for the next 500-1000 years.

Fractal Tonic

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I have not gotten the fractal tonic, but my husband has gotten two and two of my other friends have each gotten one. So they do still drop (just not for me).

Fractal Tonic

Posted by: skarpak.8594

skarpak.8594

a friend of mine just got his 3rd one like 3 weeks ago (jep, he is one of the lucky guys u can see on the gw2 eff. statistics).
also two other friends just dropped one recently….i want one too

…but well, on the other hand, if anet would give them out like candy, it would be nothing prestigious, so i understand that.

Fractal Tonic

OriOri.8724

a friend of mine just got his 3rd one like 3 weeks ago (jep, he is one of the lucky guys u can see on the gw2 eff. statistics).
also two other friends just dropped one recently….i want one too

…but well, on the other hand, if anet would give them out like candy, it would be nothing prestigious, so i understand that.

Except there is nothing prestigious about it since you can’t work for it. Its a random drop that anyone could get. Someone could get it from being carried on their first ever fractal run in tier 50 or above, and someone who has been running all fractal dailies since fractals were released could still not have gotten the tonic to drop. Where exactly is the prestige there? Someone who actually deserves the prestige doesn’t have the tonic and someone who got carried does have it. Because its untradeable it fundamentally has no value in the economy either.

I won’t try to derail this thread completely though, if you want to read the whole argument I invite you to read this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Fractal-Tonic-Realistically-Unobtainable/first

Fractal Tonic

Posted by: Asko.4120

Asko.4120

I got 2 of them last month but I didn’t pay attention which chest those dropped from.
I think it is stupidly rare and should be obtainable by some other means and not just pure rng. Maybe add 4 tonic components to different chest with rare drop chance say, 1-3% and some components purchaseable with Pristine relics and matrices?

Making it purchaseable with no rng component would trivialize it completely because most serious fractal runners have tens of thousands of relics and pristines saved up, especially after the infusion rework.

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

(edited by Asko.4120)

Fractal Tonic

OriOri.8724

I got 2 of them last month but I didn’t pay attention which chest those dropped from.
I think it is stupidly rare and should be obtainable by some other means and not just pure rng. Maybe add 4 tonic components to different chest with rare drop chance say, 1-3% and some components purchaseable with Pristine relics and matrices?

Making it purchaseable with no rng component would trivialize it completely because most serious fractal runners have tens of thousands of relics and pristines saved up, especially after the infusion rework.

It doesn’t necessarily have to be made trivial to obtain, or be made purchaseable. But it should (in my, and others, opinion) be changed so that you have the chance to actually work towards it. Most likely as an achievement reward, a hard one. Possibly a collection of completing all the fractal collections (all the minis, all the fractal weapons, all the gold fractal weapons, and Ad infinitum) or something similar. That would show prestige as it would show that someone has put a fair amount of work into fractals

Fractal Tonic

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Except there is nothing prestigious about it since you can’t work for it.

Only if you’re using the narrowest connotation of “prestige”. People take note of those who own the tonic and some people are very pleased by that. To them, that’s sufficiently prestigious.

Plus, while it’s true you can’t obtain the tonic directly and “anyone” could get it in theory, in practice, those who fractal more often are far more likely to have one than those who only fractal occasionally. So you can dramatically increase your odds (even if you can’t increase them to high numbers). That’s also a sort of prestige.

However weak that prestige is, it’s one of the few things in the game that set accounts apart.

Accordingly, I expect never to see the tonic drop for me or anyone in my party and I’m fine with the low, low, low drop rate. I prefer it to remain random rather than a grindy token-farming guarantee.

Fractal Tonic

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

It doesn’t necessarily have to be made trivial to obtain, or be made purchaseable. But it should (in my, and others, opinion) be changed so that you have the chance to actually work towards it. Most likely as an achievement reward, a hard one. Possibly a collection of completing all the fractal collections (all the minis, all the fractal weapons, all the gold fractal weapons, and Ad infinitum) or something similar. That would show prestige as it would show that someone has put a fair amount of work into fractals

You people are just going to flock to the forums and complain about how unfair and ridiculous the requirements are. Then they’ll go onto how the devs hate casual players and they’re going to leave the game because they’re getting mistreated.

Fractal Tonic

skarpak.8594

Except there is nothing prestigious about it since you can’t work for it. Its a random drop that anyone could get. Someone could get it from being carried on their first ever fractal run in tier 50 or above, and someone who has been running all fractal dailies since fractals were released could still not have gotten the tonic to drop. Where exactly is the prestige there? Someone who actually deserves the prestige doesn’t have the tonic and someone who got carried does have it. Because its untradeable it fundamentally has no value in the economy either.

I won’t try to derail this thread completely though, if you want to read the whole argument I invite you to read this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Fractal-Tonic-Realistically-Unobtainable/first

and exactly that gives this item some prestige.
why should an item where u can work for be prestigious? everyone can do that…everyone can get some item where u can work for.
do you think of all the legendarys as prestige objekts? they once where at the start of the game, when nearly no one had one….now they are just another skin.

the only items in the game wich have some kind of prestige are those, you more or less can only get as a lucky drop and / or are rare at the same time…how many items are that?
fractal tonic for the more common items, the rainbow ooze tonic wich is like how many times in the game? 3 times? …not many items in this game at least.

back in gw1 there were minipets wich where only given out in a certain amount (28x mini kanaxai). same with all other really prestige minipets back then.

so the point is: it doesn’t matter if a complete noob gets the drop or you have to be skilled over the top to get a certain item.
if the item is rare (no high droprate) & you cannot simply buy it / work for it, then it has a high prestige and i would rather see that this tonic doesn’t loose it through any means.

else this effekt: “oh nice, you got that drop” will be gone….it will just be another quaggan tonix sitting in our bank tab and being deleted soon, because you just got another 10 of them and you don’t know what to do with it.
it will simply loose everything what it makes now interesting.

just to say it: i don’t care about your post, since i know from your reaction what i can expect to read. only thing i can say: anet, please don’t fiddle with this item.

(edited by skarpak.8594)

Fractal Tonic

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

There is no prestige in having been blessed by RNGsus once.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Fractal Tonic

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There is no prestige in having been blessed by RNGsus once.

Perhaps not for you; other people feel differently.
——————————————————-
I used to think the same as you do, and then I got the Mini Gwyn (ghost puppy) during the first festival in which it was available (when its drop rate was less than that of precursors)… and I got tons of comments on how cool it was (which indeed, it was). #felt-good-man

Now that the drop rate has increased to levels that the masses consider acceptable, lots of people have a mini Gwyn and I haven’t gotten any comments.

Now, “prestige” might not be the absolutely, strictly most best [sic], correct word choice, but it conveys the feeling that some people have after being visibly blessed by RNGesus.

tl;dr call it “Ishamael” instead of “prestige”; there is still a special value that many people ascribe to owning something that no one else has (and that they can’t get with love or money).

Fractal Tonic

OriOri.8724

and exactly that gives this item some prestige.
why should an item where u can work for be prestigious? everyone can do that…everyone can get some item where u can work for.
do you think of all the legendarys as prestige objekts? they once where at the start of the game, when nearly no one had one….now they are just another skin.

the only items in the game wich have some kind of prestige are those, you more or less can only get as a lucky drop and / or are rare at the same time…how many items are that?
fractal tonic for the more common items, the rainbow ooze tonic wich is like how many times in the game? 3 times? …not many items in this game at least.

back in gw1 there were minipets wich where only given out in a certain amount (28x mini kanaxai). same with all other really prestige minipets back then.

so the point is: it doesn’t matter if a complete noob gets the drop or you have to be skilled over the top to get a certain item.
if the item is rare (no high droprate) & you cannot simply buy it / work for it, then it has a high prestige and i would rather see that this tonic doesn’t loose it through any means.

else this effekt: “oh nice, you got that drop” will be gone….it will just be another quaggan tonix sitting in our bank tab and being deleted soon, because you just got another 10 of them and you don’t know what to do with it.
it will simply loose everything what it makes now interesting.

just to say it: i don’t care about your post, since i know from your reaction what i can expect to read. only thing i can say: anet, please don’t fiddle with this item.

I made all my arguments about why there isn’t prestige in a RNG drop in the thread I linked to. I won’t repeat them all here, but if you wish to see why I don’t consider it prestige you are more than welcome to read through my comments there. So far though I have yet to see any argument that convinces me there is prestige in getting lucky with RNG.

Fractal Tonic

skarpak.8594

in case of this one item, the prestige comes from that it is not something, you can easily buy or work for towards it.
nowadays it is not as rare as it was when it was first released into the game, but since the dropchance is low it remained a rather rare item and since you have to do high level fractals (wich where once a bit harder then they are now, u gotta say that too) to drop it plus you can only roll for it once a day.

item is rare, check.
item is wanted by many, check.
if you show it people will admire it, check.

that makes the item a prestige item. simply as that, maybe not for your definition, that is true…but you know, everybody has other aspects if something has prestige or not.
some simply don’t care about some virtual goods or even in the real world about those item, since it has absolutly 0 value to them.

but if there is a community wich think it is and there are many people outside who think like that, it is an prestige objekt and nobody in this community will care about your opinion since they are already set with theirs.

i am not too much into that kitten, but what i think: everyone in the community should be valued and having items like this is a good thing…like raid legy armor, pvp back and so on.

there should be a lot more of these items. even unsellable ones and so on.

with the current dropchance, we probably just have to wait another year and this tonic will be common anyway. it dropped to so many friends in my group already, i am nearly the only one who is left who did not got one, so it won’t matter anymore at some point and it will be just another item just like everything else.

only items wich will held their prestige are those wo are given out in a certain amount and thats it. and just to say it again: it doesn’t matter how you get those items…be it a lottery, rng, art contest, pvp match in esl, one time drop in raids or whatever floats the boat.
if its rare, it will have prestige. because nothing else matters with virtual goods.