Fractal Vendor news

Fractal Vendor news

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

The Fractal Vendor has decided to take an unscheduled vacation to the Bahamas, where she can be found lazing on a beach, sipping tropical drinks, and engaging in a challenging round of canasta with a flock of personable seagulls.

Ok, more to the point, in official parlance:

The Fractal Vendor been temporarily disabled to address a bug. The team is working on a solution and the vendor will be back in business as soon as possible.

Thanks for your understanding.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

While you’re at it, would you mind checking up on the fractal weapon collection that still doesn’t work properly for everyone?

Fractal Vendor news

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

While you’re at it, would you mind checking up on the fractal weapon collection that still doesn’t work properly for everyone?

That would be a totally different subject, so please post that in the Bugs Sub-Forum, in the merged bug thread. Trying to address multiple diverse topics in one thread here isn’t practical. Thanks.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Thank you for finally giving us a response.

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: Adoness.5701

Adoness.5701

thanks for finally notifying us about this, little late but better than never I guess

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’m just happy that ANET is aware of the issue. The vendor has been disabled for 2 or 3 days now and there wasn’t any notice. Hopefully it will be back soon since a lot of us are waiting for it so that we can resume doing fractals.

Fractal Vendor news

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Apologies for the later notice. We had believed this would be fixed more quickly, but it has taken a bit longer than anticipated. At this point, I believe it will not be long before the vendor is back and ready to accept your transactions.

(Check for a tan line and a small tropical umbrella in her hair to verify the whole “vacation” conspiracy I earlier proposed. )

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: Merrydew.4079

Merrydew.4079

The Fractal Vendor has decided to take an unscheduled vacation to the Bahamas, where she can be found lazing on a beach, sipping tropical drinks, and engaging in a challenging round of canasta with a flock of personable seagulls.

If I was playing canasta on the beach in the Bahamas there would be no way, you or anyone else, could convince me to hurry back! My gaze of displeasure would turn them to stone!

Attachments:

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: DTATL.9641

DTATL.9641

It’s officially confirmed. Bahamas exist somewhere on Tyria.

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

(Check for a tan line and a small tropical umbrella in her hair to verify the whole “vacation” conspiracy I earlier proposed. )

If the design team were to pull that I would be thoroughly amused.

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

New Map, “Bahamas” CONFIRMED for HoT living story patch.

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: Buffalo Sabres.1072

Buffalo Sabres.1072

Hey Gaile can you please tell the dev team to add golden mist to the new fractal weapons , i will love you forever and ever

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

thanks for finally updating us… still wish it’d be online sooner… I think I have to stop doing fracs for now, 9 full stacks of +1 agony infusions that’ll just keep accumulating more stacks.

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

That would be a totally different subject,

Will the total absence of upgrades to Mighty, Precise etc. fine infusions at the vendor be the same subject though?

Thanks.

20 level 80s and counting.

Fractal Vendor news

Xbon.9086

so uhm… any further update? what kinda bug was it anyways

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: Shelmo.8637

Shelmo.8637

Thanks for the update Gaile! Are you able to tell us if anything that he used to sell will be changed or removed? Or if the upgrading AR gems will be changed or removed?

Fractal Vendor news

Xbon.9086

now have 9 full stacks of +1’s… starting a 10th stack… taking a ton of my bp space hostage while I wait for it to work again

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

now have 9 full stacks of +1’s… starting a 10th stack… taking a ton of my bp space hostage while I wait for it to work again

I’m betting that the merchant was not suppose to be cheaper than artificer. There was a thread on reddit the night it got disabled talking about how you should never use artificer once you unlock the merchant. They probably saw that and realized it was a bug.

Fractal Vendor news

Xbon.9086

I’m betting that the merchant was not suppose to be cheaper than artificer. There was a thread on reddit the night it got disabled talking about how you should never use artificer once you unlock the merchant. They probably saw that and realized it was a bug.

you have to EVENTUALLY artifice again, you’re using a mastery point to get these bonuses in the first place, after +21, it’s back to using artificer, and that comes sooner than you think. something like 184,300 +1’s, can be farmed pretty easily or bought from tp.

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

you have to EVENTUALLY artifice again, you’re using a mastery point to get these bonuses in the first place, after +21, it’s back to using artificer, and that comes sooner than you think. something like 184,300 +1’s, can be farmed pretty easily or bought from tp.

279,936 +1 infusions if my math is correct.

Nova [rT]

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: fish.2170

fish.2170

The team is working on a solution and the vendor will be back in business as soon as possible.*

Such wow. Much unexpected. ;p

Fractal Vendor news

Xbon.9086

279,936 +1 infusions if my math is correct.

aight, so after that many you use artificer again. what’s the problem?

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Great, in the mean time we’ve been locked out of progression for a few days now… I don’t suppose we’re actually going to get it back before the weekend either? >_>

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

The Bahamas? Wouldn;t she have went to Southsun for a Karka kittentail?

Fractal Vendor news

dutchiez.7502

Patch notes say the vendor is enabled again, but it is still disabled for me.

Nova [rT]

Fractal Vendor news

Xbon.9086

Vendor is still disabled after latest patch which fixed the bug! what’s up?!!?

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

The vendor is still disabled, even after the patch.

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

It’s fine, nerfing all the classes is obviously more important that making sure we can progress in fractals. I’m sure it will get fixed in the next couple of months.

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: Errant.1509

Errant.1509

Vendor still disabled >.>

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: Nafets.1238

Nafets.1238

Vendor disabled

Fractal Vendor news

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

We’re looking into it.

I expect excuses like lost luggage, delayed flights, and inedible airport food.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: Errant.1509

Errant.1509

Thanks for update, sorry for terse responses but it’s been frustrating not to be able to progress when I’ve got 3 stacks of +1s sitting in storage!

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

We’re looking into it.

More likely being detained in connection with gold laundering.

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: Post it.4560

Post it.4560

You say it was a bug, i say it was not thought enough. And now you’re punishing people who had an edge on the market. Some people may loose a lot on this…

Fractal Vendor news

dutchiez.7502

I’m just glad they aren’t banning people for abusing obviously unintended prices on merchants.

Nova [rT]

Fractal Vendor news

Xbon.9086

Thanks for update, sorry for terse responses but it’s been frustrating not to be able to progress when I’ve got 3 stacks of +1s sitting in storage!

hey man, I got 10 stacks. more i do fracs more stacks :\

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: Uncle Melty.4297

Uncle Melty.4297

edit: Merch back up and I was wrong.

(edited by Uncle Melty.4297)

Fractal Vendor news

Xbon.9086

it’s back up now? good news then.

Fractal Vendor news

Xbon.9086

I’m just glad they aren’t banning people for abusing obviously unintended prices on merchants.

obviously unintended how? I didn’t even try to count how many agony +1’s it would take to make said things, I just did it because I had +1’s and wanted to convert for gold.

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

What was changed?

Fractal Vendor news

Xbon.9086

What was changed?

7 reagents 8 agonies

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: Post it.4560

Post it.4560

Yeah ! Now the difference is that, instead of ordering your +10 to craft, you can click till you get it.
Still, you have to spend more time leveling your mastery than your artificer for the same crafting skill.
Infusion extractor and +7 upgrades are worth the mastery, but there is no point upgrading +1s now

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

You say it was a bug, i say it was not thought enough. And now you’re punishing people who had an edge on the market. Some people may loose a lot on this…

cute.

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: Shuai.7435

Shuai.7435

God kitten it, the agony infusion market’s so unstable. I was devastated when my (back then) 893 +1 agony infusions dropped from 15 silver to 4 silver 60 copper in price. That crash litterally costed me 119 gold.

However, now that the recipe for agony infusions have changed, not only are +1 agony infusions rising in price due to the increased demand but there’s also really cheap sell offers that haven’t been withdrawn yet and there’s major profit to be made by stockpiling infusions given you have money to invest in them.

I’m not the richest player in gw2 but hopefully I’ll be able to earn enough from this upgrade recipe change to compensate for my huge loss with HoT’s release.

Fractal Vendor news

RemiRome.8495

However, now that the recipe for agony infusions have changed.

It hasn’t.

Fractal Vendor news

Shuai.7435

However, now that the recipe for agony infusions have changed.

It hasn’t.

The vendor previously allowed you to upgrade your infusions for way cheaper than you were able to combine them yourself through artificing, now they made upgrading your infusions through the vendor have an equal cost to crafting them yourself, thus prices will skyrocket.

Edit: e.g. +9 agony infusion
Before:
144x +1 agony infusions
After:
256x +1 agony infusions

(edited by Shuai.7435)

Fractal Vendor news

RemiRome.8495

I know but that doesn’t have anything to do with the recipe. You do realize this whole thread is about how it wasn’t supposed to?

If this was launch year a whole lot of people would have joined him in Bahamas.

Fractal Vendor news

Shuai.7435

Oh, I was refering to the “recipe” as in the items needed to upgrade your infusions at the fractal vendor, not as in the crafting recipe.

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: ScionKai.4907

ScionKai.4907

We’re looking into it.

Hey Gaile, could one of you check in on the warrior dev team? They seem to have been missing for a few weeks and some of us are starting to worry…

Fractal Vendor news

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Bugs go away!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids