Fractal Weapon Skins

Fractal Weapon Skins

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Scizzor.8137

Scizzor.8137

I have 2 questions about fractals:

Has anyone gotten the “new” fractal skins that are actual skins and not the ones you have to transmute?

Has anyone received the fractal skin box (is that the right term?) that lets you choose your weapon?

I read a couple weeks ago when fractured was released the changes were not added. Was wondering if they added them or not… I want the pistol but definitely not going to grind if I can’t choose my weapon. Already have a box full of junk fractal skins.

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

The fractal skin box is not in the game ATM. They say it will appear in higher levels, meaning 51+, or higher.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

About your first question, yes, they are skins now, and you can choose to use then in PvP or PvE like any other skin.

Bläck Dähliä

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: Scizzor.8137

Scizzor.8137

The fractal skin box is not in the game ATM. They say it will appear in higher levels, meaning 51+, or higher.

That’s unfortunate. Thanks for the response.

About your first question, yes, they are skins now, and you can choose to use then in PvP or PvE like any other skin.

Alright, cool.

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: Holy Security.9724

Holy Security.9724

However, I feel like they messed up with the droprate like they do with many “bugfixes in dungeons” atm.
Been running every daily (20,30,40,49) since Fractured (ok, I have been running 40 and the 41+ daily 3 days after that release) and haven’t seen a single skin drop. Neither for me nor for any of my guild or teammates.
And fractal boxes aren’t in game, though they advertised them to be there, GG.

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i got 2 skins after patch…. the drop rate is ridicilous low compared to prepatch

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Fractal Weapon Skins

Lilith Ajit.6173

i got 2 skins after patch…. the drop rate is ridicilous low compared to prepatch

Well, they’re dropping like flies in 10-19 (see several Fractured! Threads). Which leads me to believe something screwy is going on. Before not a single person said they ever got a skin in that level. Now they say it was always super rare, and the patch has made more and more people get them in that level range.

Final rest, all over again, I think.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Fractal Weapon Skins

Cynz.9437

Well, they’re dropping like flies in 10-19 (see several Fractured! Threads). Which leads me to believe something screwy is going on. Before not a single person said they ever got a skin in that level. Now they say it was always super rare, and the patch has made more and more people get them in that level range.

maybe because more ppl run 10-19 compared to 41-49?

All is Vain~

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: Skeptik.7856

Skeptik.7856

Did my first level 20 fractal today and got a axe, I guess I just got lucky.
But yes they do drop as skins now rather then items that you must transmute.

Attachments:

NA ~ BlackGate
Engineer, Elementalist & Warrior
Vis Infinitum [Vi]

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

Drop rate is terrble. I run 20, 30, 38 almost every day and got only 1 skin since update.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Drop rate is terrble. I run 20, 30, 38 almost every day and got only 1 skin since update.

possibly slightly better than it was before…..

I ran 30+ (thank for the reset anet…) 10 times….got a ring
PrePatch only decent source was 48 btw

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Drop rate is definately reduced since patch. And it seems buffed on lower levels which they were never available in (11-20). Ive had 1 skin since the patch and of the people ive played with that was the second skin weve had drop within the group since the patch.

48 use to drop multiple skins almost every daily, they were usually skins we didnt want but atleast we were getting a reasonable chance at a skin we wanted. I hope they raise the cap to 60 or 70 soon so we can start getting the weapon chests.

Fractal Weapon Skins

Lilith Ajit.6173

maybe because more ppl run 10-19 compared to 41-49?

That was the case before patch too.

They didn’t get skins before patch. They are now. Things have changed. That can’t be debated.

[ARES]

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

Did my first level 20 fractal today and got a axe, I guess I just got lucky.
But yes they do drop as skins now rather then items that you must transmute.

Except for the Fractal Trident which still seems to be an exotic weapon rather than a skin. Seems like they forgot to change it.

Fractal Weapon Skins

Cynz.9437

so after doing some more runs and asking people around it seems like everyone is getting skins and ascended boxes between lv 19-29

not only our level got reduced to 30 after patch, all the work to get to lv 50 (again lol) is for nothing?

edit: ahh another lv 49 run, another ring (not even infused lol)

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Fractal Weapon Skins

Lilith Ajit.6173

so after doing some more runs and asking people around it seems like everyone is getting skins and ascended boxes between lv 19-29

not only our level got reduced to 30 after patch, all the work to get to lv 50 (again lol) is for nothing?

It’s all in vain. You know.

[ARES]

(edited by Lilith Ajit.6173)

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

48 use to drop multiple skins almost every daily, they were usually skins we didnt want but atleast we were getting a reasonable chance at a skin we wanted. I hope they raise the cap to 60 or 70 soon so we can start getting the weapon chests.

You’re operating under the assumption that the weapon boxes will be available between 51-70. Knowing how the previous update worked, I wouldn’t at all be surprised if those levels did not drop the weapon box. Sad day.

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

Fractal Weapon Skins

Cynz.9437

It’s all in vain. You know.

we need such masterpiece for fractals
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

All is Vain~

Fractal Weapon Skins

Lilith Ajit.6173

Haha oh god that’s marvelous.

[ARES]

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

Hahaha, love it