Fractal Weapon Skins

Fractal Weapon Skins

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Oh My God.8423

Oh My God.8423

It says on wiki that Fractal Weapon skins has a “Rare” chance for dropping from chest at Fractal level 10 (or 11) or above. How rare is that?

Also what other ways can I obtain those skins?

I have never done Fractal before but I would love to do it for the weapon skins.

Thanks!

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: Jay.1085

Jay.1085

Your best bet for fractal skin is to not hope for it at the end of a set. As the above post said try to get into the 31s for a higher chance. Ironically you will get a lot of ascended armour more than skins. So if you only want one skin be prepared to be frustrated as your chance for that skin is .3% drop. look at all that data. There is a reason fractal weapons are rarer then legendaries. Don’t even think about the tonic XD I have all the achievements and do fractals 50s, 37s, and 29s daily for a year now and I’m still missing the speargun, longbow, spear, scepter, and the one I want the most the SWORD! good luck at fractals.

FYI the lower levels are notorious as being the hardest ones to complete, because majority of players there are unfamiliar with the sets so don’t be surprised by pugs dropping out or just being wanna be metas with no actual idea of how to carry and support the team

Fractal Weapon Skins

Oh My God.8423

By the way, any good Fractal guide out there if I want to start doing it now?

Many thanks to all!

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: cthaeh.2168

cthaeh.2168

I would urge you not to run fractals because you want one of the skins. You are only setting yourself up for disappointment. Every time you open up your bank and see half a tab of duplicate skins your character can’t even use, you’ll die a little inside. Now, if you want more ascended rings you’ve come to the right place!

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

I wanted the fractal dagger.

I still haven’t got it but I managed to craft Incinerator without having the precursor as well as I have 3 fractal torches skins.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

I want the Fractal Axe. But it’s not coming to me :/

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Missing a few skins: torch, war horn, spear gun, and great sword… I want the GS the most.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Your best bet for fractal skin is to not hope for it at the end of a set. As the above post said try to get into the 31s for a higher chance. Ironically you will get a lot of ascended armour more than skins. So if you only want one skin be prepared to be frustrated as your chance for that skin is .3% drop. look at all that data. There is a reason fractal weapons are rarer then legendaries. Don’t even think about the tonic XD I have all the achievements and do fractals 50s, 37s, and 29s daily for a year now and I’m still missing the speargun, longbow, spear, scepter, and the one I want the most the SWORD! good luck at fractals.

FYI the lower levels are notorious as being the hardest ones to complete, because majority of players there are unfamiliar with the sets so don’t be surprised by pugs dropping out or just being wanna be metas with no actual idea of how to carry and support the team

I dont get it.
Why 50/37/29?
Why not 50/40/30?

Still get 3 daily chests ( 2 of them theoretically have better loot tables.)
40 is almost certainly easier than 37 for instability.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

By the way, any good Fractal guide out there if I want to start doing it now?

Many thanks to all!

Like Taku linked, KING’s youtube guide is awesome. Aside from that gw2dungeons.net is great for looking more in depth on certain things.

Can also hit up people like Sarahfull and other fractal mentors, I’d offer myself but just not finding myself in game much lately, too busy/sleepy

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: Jay.1085

Jay.1085

I dont get it.
Why 50/37/29?
Why not 50/40/30?

Still get 3 daily chests ( 2 of them theoretically have better loot tables.)
40 is almost certainly easier than 37 for instability.

In all honesty its more of a ease of battle thing. enemies die a lot faster on 37 and 29 in my experience, No i have no proof of this its just my observation. After doing a 50 I could care less anymore about rewards and just do other tiers to teach my guild mates who are new.

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: Broken Arietta.4631

Broken Arietta.4631

Is there actually a different loot table between 49 and 50 since they share the same tier? I get its 1 level above so theoretically should be “slightly” better but the Fractal tonic can come from 49 I’m sure? So..?

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I’m not sure if true, but I was told it was actually more common from 49 for whatever reason >.<

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

I got my fifth rifle today in lvl 50. Nice. I can now put it next to my 3 swords, 2 hammers, and 3 longbows in my bank.

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: BrickcityBryant.6574

BrickcityBryant.6574

gotten 3 mace skins so far… game pls

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Is there actually a different loot table between 49 and 50 since they share the same tier? I get its 1 level above so theoretically should be “slightly” better but the Fractal tonic can come from 49 I’m sure? So..?

There should be a slight increase just due to it being a higher level.
50s are faster than 49s though since your damage is going down because you dodged.

Fractal Weapon Skins

Oh My God.8423

Thank you all for your input.

I guess I will find a patient guildmate or someone who is good at Fractal to teach me how to do it.

Fractal Weapon Skins

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

It has to be by design because I know for sure if i get the dagger skin i’m never doing fractals again. Ive got duplicate sword/hammer/longbow and a few others i’ll never use.

edit: right after posting this i got a new skin(focus). RNG reads the forums.

(edited by Solo.9027)