Fractal Weapons

Fractal Weapons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

This may be something already widely known, but in case it’s not and for those who may not have known I will throw this out there anyway.

If you receive one, stow it away safely. You do not get a prompt like other items and it auto salvages. I just lost my final pve goal this way and I don’t want anyone to experience the same discomfort I did, especially seeing how rng based getting these things are.

Fractal Weapons

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

Ouch…
/Roaring Charrs.

Fractal Weapons

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Finally got a fractal weapon last night. The fractal warhorn. Not much use on my Engineer.

Even when winning I still feel like I’m losing. lol

Fractal Weapons

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Even when winning I still feel like I’m losing.

Never have I read RNG summed up so perfectly in one quote.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Fractal Weapons

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Finally got a fractal weapon last night. The fractal warhorn. Not much use on my Engineer.

Even when winning I still feel like I’m losing. lol

Exactly how i felt when i got my fractal harpoon lol

love that phrase… fits so perfectly.

Fractal Weapons

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

best quote ever. I dub thee confucious of GW2.

Fractal Weapons

Posted by: Squally.4963

Squally.4963

Would be nice if you could trade usless fractal weapons for ones that you actually need. I’ve gotten one weapon so far and it was the fractal torch. Cool looking torch and all but useless on a thief, why not let me trade it for a 1h sword or a dagger?

Fractal Weapons

Oglaf.1074

They really should be bound on use.

Problem solved.

Do you even lift, bro?

Fractal Weapons

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

Fractals RNG hasn’t smiled upon me but I don’t care because the weapons are so ugly, lawl

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

Fractal Weapons

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I got my first Fractal weapon a couple days ago — a Focus. Not exactly something I could use on my Engineer, but I guess I should keep it as a souvenir of how messed up the RNG is in Fractals.

I honestly think there needs to be some sort of token or craftable system for these weapons. I get that these weapons are supposed to be rare but I think there are better ways to do it than straight-up RNG. At least with the former two, the end goal still looks somewhat reachable. Maybe some RNG could be involved but for something generic, like crafting components. Perhaps crafting a Fractal weapon could require a similar effort that one would need to craft the final version of the Fractal Capacitor. I mean, those Gifts of Ascension could use more functions than just upgrading back pieces.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Fractal Weapons

Oglaf.1074

First you have to roll the dice to get a skin drop and then you have to roll it a second time and have it come up as a skin you want. It is random number generation within random number generation.

Randomnumbergenerationception

Do you even lift, bro?

Fractal Weapons

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

You all are getting off topic. This was made because I got kittened and don’t want anyone to have the same accidental fate. Your qualms and opinions about fractal weapons have absolutlely kittening nothing to do with this.

Fractal Weapons

Posted by: Lanser.8520

Lanser.8520

You all are getting off topic. This was made because I got kittened and don’t want anyone to have the same accidental fate. Your qualms and opinions about fractal weapons have absolutlely kittening nothing to do with this.

The RNG aspect is unfortunately another major issue in fractal rewards, so people talk about it.

But yes, ArenaNet overlooked a few things when it came to fractals that they haven’t fixed yet. Hopefully they fix little problems like this in the future in addition to the bigger ones. Sorry you lost your weapon~! That would probably be quit worthy for me after almost 3 months of running fractals 3 hours a day.

Fractal Weapons

Posted by: kingbread.6174

kingbread.6174

ok i’m a little confused, what do you mean stow it away. How did you lose your weapon?

Fractal Weapons

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I have so many Fractals weapons it’s stupid, and yet the two Fractal weapons everyone hates (Spear / Trident) are the ones I want, and yet never get. I’d happily trade someone a Fractal Sword or Dagger or Axe for one of those if I could. ;-;

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!