Fractal Weapons/Rewards

Fractal Weapons/Rewards

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: jakalofnaar.1702

jakalofnaar.1702

Let me open by saying I think the idea of these fractals is really great, and I’ve had tremendous fun in them.

But

The rewards are bordering on the dismal, even more so since the drop rate of the weapons has been nerfed. They were already somewhat difficult to get, and when you did you weren’t even guaranteed one you want, now it’s almost impossible to get one.

I have a guildie that’s run over 600 fractals and hasn’t seen a single fractal weapon drop, that’s just ridiculous. The person in question is so over fractals because of this that they refuse to play fractals anymore.

It’s not only the fractal weapons though, the rewards in general are quite lacking. Fractals can take far longer than dungeons and yet our gold reward is pathetic, and the chests hardly drop better loot the higher level you do.

On a related note…what’s up with that Molten fractal chest?! It gives a green, a blue and an infusion every time?! Far less loot than any other fractal? Is it’s loot table bugged or something?

Fractal Weapons/Rewards

Posted by: Yami.7145

Yami.7145

My guess about the Molten fractal chest is that they just took out those dungeon specific recipes that were available during the last arc of Flame and Frost and left everything else for the fractal return. The Molten boss fractal also seems to give just a little bit less than the other boss fractals as well, probably because of this.

Fractal Weapons/Rewards

Posted by: Miaire.5468

Miaire.5468

I noticed the Molten Facility Fractal chest as well, I was like, “wait, is that all of it?”
I probably deserve it for stacking in the corner to avoid tests.

Fractal Weapons/Rewards

jakalofnaar.1702

Hahaha, that corner is pretty useful :P

There’s also a spot you can stand to AFK the fire pillars

Fractal Weapons/Rewards

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I have a guildie that’s run over 600 fractals and hasn’t seen a single fractal weapon drop,

With the 18% drop confirmed by many on reddit ( i could confirm also) pre patch its quite difficult to believe….

Also this Always comes up with no proof and details…considering how often happens that people forget you are getting a potential drop only 1 time after 4 successful fractals (i.e. 600/4) and also you need to get to the proper level and the wipe didn t help.

Post patch there were some issues probably…since lvl 49 (+ reward level 50)really rarely drop a skin and often resulted in uninfused rings drop proving something was wrong with reward level.

But last update seems to have fixed it and weapons drops again quite frequently.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Fractal Weapons/Rewards

jakalofnaar.1702

With the 18% drop confirmed by many on reddit ( i could confirm also) pre patch its quite difficult to believe….

Sorry to say but it’s entirely true, I have done virtually EVERY fractal with said person. As for proof, how would you prove NOT receiving something, it’s not like you can take a screenshot of something you don’t have…

Haven’t done many fractals since the Mari patch, will run a couple and see for myself, but I personally saw a huge difference in drop rates since the Fractured patch (I myself have gotten quite a few of them, never the one I want though)

Fractal Weapons/Rewards

Posted by: Kingteranas.1376

Kingteranas.1376

Been running 49 fractals daily for awhile now, 30% of the time I’ve gotten nothing, another 60% I’ve gotten rings (all seemed to be infused at this lvl for me.) rest of the 10% includes 1 Zoijas Weapon Chest, a couple fractal tridents, fractal short bow and long bow, fractal dagger, and a fractal sword. Pre-Fractured I’ve gotten an Occams Weapon Chest and seemingly a lot more fractal weapons than post patch.

Kingteranas – 80 Guardian
Queen Of Macabre – 80 Thief
Dragonbrand [Ankh]

Fractal Weapons/Rewards

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

I have a guildie that’s run over 600 fractals and hasn’t seen a single fractal weapon drop, that’s just ridiculous. The person in question is so over fractals because of this that they refuse to play fractals anymore.

I’m calling bullkitten here.

I’ve run Fractals for a while now, and so far I’ve gotten:

• Fractal GS (Pre-Fractured).
  • Fractal Sword.
  • Fractal Shortbow.
  • Fractal Longbow.
  • Fractal Dagger (Pre-Fractured).
  • Fractal Warhorn.
  • Fractal Rifle.
  • Fractal Hammer.
  • Fractal Pistolx4
  • Chorben’s Weapon Chestx2
  • Soros’ Weapon Chest.
  • Stonecleaver’s Weapon Chest.
  • Zintl Armor Chest.

If anything, I believe that the droprate was increased by quite a bit.

Fractal Weapons/Rewards

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I have decided only to do lvl 49 daily because since the last patch doing lvl 19, 29, 38 and 49 I’ve only gotten 1 skin, 0 chests and 120,420,582,310,582,587 rings and the skin was from 49. It’s RNG, you might never get one especially the weapon you want.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Fractal Weapons/Rewards

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Just because some of you have good luck with skins it doesn’t mean everyone else does… I’ve only got 1 skin since the Fractured update and my luck before wasn’t exactly great either. In fact at one point I almost went 2 months without a skin and then got 3 in 2 days. RNG is RNG, some people really do get screwed over by it.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Fractal Weapons/Rewards

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

Molten level end chest is bad.
Cliffside level has basically no reward since there’s no killable champs and very little trash mob loots.

The consensus do seem to indicate fractal weapon drop rate has decreased since the update. But, it’s the dungeons section, it’s also a consensus that nobody on their team checks here unless it’s to lock a thread.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

Fractal Weapons/Rewards

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

@OP: It could just be bad RNG. Before fractured, at least one member of the party would get a weapon on every 49 run that I did. Now, I have gone 3 full runs with no weapons for anyone. However, I’ve talked to someone who has gotten 2 in the last week. There are just good spells and bad spells. As for overall rewards, I usually walk out of a 49 (since Fractured) with at least 4-5 rares which is much better than before Fractured (maybe 1 rare if I was lucky).

@Fenrir: With that RNG, you really need to go through stuff in the mystic forge.

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

Fractal Weapons/Rewards

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

The problem is that the 18% or whatever the number might be is over the whole playerbase to get a large enough sample size and it’s not like it accumulates over time so that during your 6th run you will have one guaranteed.
Some people just have more luck and get an effective droprate of 40% and others will have theirs “reduced” so the overall drope rate will even out again at the mentioned 18% for example.
I know a few cases of such extremely unlucky players as well as a few of the extremely lucky. Between them, they will most likely meet the overall chance, but individually some of them are screwed.

Which is why I still hope, however unrealistic it may seem, that the skins will become availlable through pristine relics. And before someone says something along those lines: I’m talking expensive here, something along the lines of 25 or even more relics.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

(edited by Silberfisch.3046)

Fractal Weapons/Rewards

LordByron.8369

the 18% was obtained via many players and many runs….
Everyone and other issues suggested a loot bug post fractured.

I didn t see those bugs after last patch also i saw many fractal weapons drop ( i never get anything ascended btw :/)….but in this case i know the data is still missing numbers to be reliable.

Yet i have 2 slots of fotm weapons…..and i m not lucky ….
25 relics for a weapon of your choice is nothing…..compared to the work you need to get it (or luck).
And forgive me if i am infavor of defending the rarity of the ONLY pve prestigious item left not related to gold/gems.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Fractal Weapons/Rewards

jakalofnaar.1702

I’m calling bullkitten here.

I’ve run Fractals for a while now, and so far I’ve gotten:

• Fractal GS (Pre-Fractured).
  • Fractal Sword.
  • Fractal Shortbow.
  • Fractal Longbow.
  • Fractal Dagger (Pre-Fractured).
  • Fractal Warhorn.
  • Fractal Rifle.
  • Fractal Hammer.
  • Fractal Pistolx4
  • Chorben’s Weapon Chestx2
  • Soros’ Weapon Chest.
  • Stonecleaver’s Weapon Chest.
  • Zintl Armor Chest.

If anything, I believe that the droprate was increased by quite a bit.

Call bullkitten all you want, doesn’t change the fact that what I said is entirely true. Whether you choose to believe me or not is entirely up to you.

Fractal Weapons/Rewards

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I picked up on the 18% because it was better than using any imaginary number I could come up with.
That doesn’t invalidate the pont however, as you saird yourself: “via many players and many runs”. But the percentage, whatever the exact number may be, is the overall chance for large pool of players. And that will mean some are more lucky than others, some are extremely lucky and some are extremely unlucky.
The overall percentage stays the same, but that doesn’t help the unlucky players with their plight.

And I have no problem with you defending the rarity of something.

I have a problem with rng being the only viable means to access it. Instead of time invested.
As for my 25+ suggestion: 25 would mean a hundred fractals, or 25 full runs. For a single skin? Quite a bit of work.
In another thread I suggested 30 or even 50 relics. Personally I would have no problem going that far, but I’m one of those lucky players when it comes to fratal skins, so I try not to use my own luck as a reference.
And the player paying the relics will have done a large number of fractals one way or the other. They will have earned the skin through sheer determination. At least I think so.
It’s not like I promote them to be availlable on the TP or something like that.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Fractal Weapons/Rewards

LordByron.8369

you can get pristines at level 10 that invalidates the rarity.

Even if they gave chances to drop skins at level 10, at least its significantly lower.

GW2 balance:

Fractal Weapons/Rewards

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

Count me in for 600+ runs with no fractal weapons. I did got ascended chests, though.

I laugh at that 18% drop confirmed.

I got burned from too much fractal runs, so I’m not doing them anymore, except from the ocassional low level fractal to gear up low level toons.

On the other hand, I’m making way more money now.

Fractal Weapons/Rewards

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

They should just make Fractal weapon skins able to be bought with relics.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

Fractal Weapons/Rewards

LordByron.8369

They should make precursors able to be bought with relics

P.S: with the exception of the post fractured issue (fixed now)…if you feel you didn t drop 1 skin after 600 lvl 49 fractals or run…you may want to contact support and check if RNG is bugged…..but they will require some evidence maybe….

Few people comes up with that…and its not related to skin drop rate probably.

GW2 balance:

(edited by LordByron.8369)