Fractal Weird Damage

Fractal Weird Damage

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Lately Iv’e been getting hit really hard at random time in Fractal, just again this morning in a level 28, I had random trash mob spiking me for 8k to 14.8k (Earth Elemental in Molten Fractal) in a single hit. Jade maw tentacles hitting up to 14-15k (while most of their hit usually hits me for 7-8k)

There was a thread 2-3 days ago about someone complaining about the same thing. It just feel wrong, Iv’e never been hit so much by trash mobs.

Fractal Weird Damage

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Hard to say anything without any screenshots, etc.

Earth Elementals hit usually quite hard, especially if they get a critical hit.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Fractal Weird Damage

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Yeah combat logs would be helpful.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Fractal Weird Damage

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Sorry about that my keyboard is one of those small that share number pad and utility keys so taking screenshot is a pain. But the log literally said "Earth Elemental hits you for 14.8k using ring of earth, which is a fast skill.

Maybe it’s just me, I usually do higher level fractal but I don’t remember being hit so hard in level 20’s, I expect ohko in level 40-50 but not in level 20-30

(edited by Trice.4598)

Fractal Weird Damage

Posted by: Amicable Pugs.4503

Amicable Pugs.4503

What class are you? Earth elementals doing 15k on a light armored classes isn’t anything new. They got 1 kittened attack that’s OP as hell. As for tentacles, their “normal” attack which hits in front of them does 90% of a warriors hp so again, 1 shots others classes. Their knockback attack does only 50% tho.

Fractal Weird Damage

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Confirm!
POsted some times ago..
Its nothing new, but sometimes you have fractals with HUGE spikes in damage for no apparent reason…

I could speculate it has something related to rerolling.

Prefractured, for some reasons, (suspect for rerolling for too long) you could find harder version of later fractals.

For example: you got a zerg patrolling dredge stage, or you could have bats in the rolling stones part of lava stage and stuff like that.

Also, you could have some fractals with mob damage incremented by a lot.
It’s difficult to notice at 50, but when you are at 20-30, and every single trash oneshots you worse than 50 is quite easy to see.

Tentacles at maw is another example hitting even for 30.000 (if i remember well i got hit past 50K also).

Its not frequent since i don t play much 2Xand 3X so i don t remember exact numbers but i remember for sure a hugely increased damage.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Fractal Weird Damage

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I remember not having my hands on my keyboard, when suddenly three maw tentacles spawned. Ping, pong, ping… dead.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Fractal Weird Damage

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

I remember not having my hands on my keyboard, when suddenly three maw tentacles spawned. Ping, pong, ping… dead.

What…
were you doing with your hands at the time…?
Should I have even asked that question?
I feel like I’m going to regret the answer.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Fractal Weird Damage

Dub.1273

Solving 2 rubiks cubes at the same time.

Dub | [rT]

Fractal Weird Damage

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Fractal Weird Damage

Dub.1273

Like that, just faster, without that broad audience and the cubes actually being solved in the end.

Dub | [rT]

Fractal Weird Damage

Posted by: Darox.8069

Darox.8069

Is it me or you rarely play with both hands Dub?
Like those time when you beat arah speed records and then we can see you lagging and mouslicking on your PoV “Hey, guess how much faster we could have been with both hands!?”

You must really love rubiks cubes

Fractal Weird Damage

Dub.1273

I basically only play with both hands when I need to move and use skills at the same time. If I stand still, I usually take one hand back, usually it being inactive.

As for rubiks cubes, not as much now as I used to. My limits were around the 9-10 second mark, without putting extensive amounts of time into practise. Around that, motivation began dropping, but I still solve them once in a while. Back to ~20 seconds, though.

Dub | [rT]

Fractal Weird Damage

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

If you see dub skill clicking it means hes speed kitten with the other hand.

Fractal Weird Damage

Posted by: Darox.8069

Darox.8069

I basically only play with both hands when I need to move and use skills at the same time. If I stand still, I usually take one hand back, usually it being inactive.

As for rubiks cubes, not as much now as I used to. My limits were around the 9-10 second mark, without putting extensive amounts of time into practise. Around that, motivation began dropping, but I still solve them once in a while. Back to ~20 seconds, though.

Yeah I can imagine, long breaks do that, but don’t despair: your performance time will certainly recover quickly with practice. Also, to treat the lack of motivation, have you ever considered that maybe you aren’t into cubes anymore? Try experimenting with a rubiks sphere, people do that nowadays and it is considered equal in many countries

So could you do a GL duo all by yourself with your hands on two computers?

Fractal Weird Damage

Dub.1273

I would consider doing that, but I don’t have a second computer.

Dub | [rT]