Fractal ascended armor drops need changes

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Wicked Rin.1972

Wicked Rin.1972

Can we get a fix on fractal ascended armor pieces please. The odds of getting ascended shoulders pieces seem to be higher compared to the rest of the other armor pieces in the game.

shoulders x 11
boots x 4
helms x 2
gloves x 1
leggings x 1
chest x 0
These are my odds since ascended armor drops were introduced.

Can we get an ascended armor piece trader to trade these boxes to armor boxes with pieces we can pick? I don’t know about other players but I would like it very much. It makes each box have value instead of being scrap metal.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

If not, how bout if we salvage, we get back some ascended mats to craft our own? Along with dark matter of course

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Oh! you’re lucky! I myself am at
Shoulder x1

But it’s right that I had ton of useless ascended recipe.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Yeah, I noticed this as well. However, it is still infinitely better than it used to be.

For what it’s worth I’m at…

Shoulder x 4
Coat x 2
Boots x 1
Gloves x 1

No leggings or helm as yet.

Posted by: nmarrec.8735

nmarrec.8735

Same for me

My last 3 chests were Defender shoulder.

Of course the sample is small but it looks strange

Posted by: Gengar.5380

Gengar.5380

I agree. For me it’s 4 shoulders, 1 chest, 1 helm, 1 legging. This is all since the patch that fixed the drop rate.

Posted by: Mushuchalaka.9437

Mushuchalaka.9437

It’s true, chances of getting Chest,pants,helm appear to be lower than the other 3 parts.

I don’t think shoulders is skewed as I’ve only gotten perhaps 3 shoulders, but over 10+ gloves, and 10+boots.

Posted by: softblackcarbon.1537

softblackcarbon.1537

Your sample size is 19. You quite literally cannot make any sort of claim about drop rates with a sample size that small. Once you have opened hundreds or thousands of 51+ chests, then you can report your data on drop rates.

Since the release of the drop changes, one of my friends has gotten 1-2 armor boxes a week. I have never had an armor or weapon box drop in any sort of content in the game (not just fractals) and I’ve been playing for over 3 years. Such is the reality of variance and RNG. The more I open/play, the closer to the average my numbers will get. I’m not worried, and you shouldn’t be either. :P

Posted by: Wicked Rin.1972

Wicked Rin.1972

Your sample size is 19. You quite literally cannot make any sort of claim about drop rates with a sample size that small. Once you have opened hundreds or thousands of 51+ chests, then you can report your data on drop rates.

Since the release of the drop changes, one of my friends has gotten 1-2 armor boxes a week. I have never had an armor or weapon box drop in any sort of content in the game (not just fractals) and I’ve been playing for over 3 years. Such is the reality of variance and RNG. The more I open/play, the closer to the average my numbers will get. I’m not worried, and you shouldn’t be either. :P

These are drops I’ve gotten since ascended armor boxes have first started. After months of fractals, these are what I’ve gotten from opening those boxes. The new upgraded fractal drop patch since then doesn’t change the rate of shoulders I’ve gotten from before or after.

softblackcarbon.1537

These are drops I’ve gotten since ascended armor boxes have first started. After months of fractals, these are what I’ve gotten from opening those boxes. The new upgraded fractal drop patch since then doesn’t change the rate of shoulders I’ve gotten from before or after.

Months of fractals still only equates to fewer than 100 51+ boxes opened. To get an accurate estimate of the drop rates, you would need to open somewhere in the thousands of boxes to have a large enough sample size. I’m not saying you’re necessarily wrong about the shoulder drop rate being high, but before I were to believe that, I would need to see samples from thousands of openings, which one player is, so far, not able to supply. That’s just the reality of statistics. (I actually think that data is out there right now, so it may be interesting for you to take a look if you actually think the shoulder box drop rate is higher than the others.)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Weird. For my friends it’s boots. He have one for each of his 9 characters, but not as much of everything else.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

20+ daily. No ascended drops. Fun times!

Every one I have opened have contained the exact same thing. Stabilizing Matrix, that junk item worth a gold and a tome. That is all. Every. Single. One!

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

I don’t think I would go so far as to say shoulders are more common than everything else based on such a limited sample size, though I would not be surprised at all if the cheaper ascended pieces (shoulders gloves boots) were more common than the others. This is also in line with my own ascended drops from fractals/raids (3 boots, no more than 1 of anything else), though again a larger sample size is required to make any real determination.

I also would not consider it unfair if the more valuable ascended pieces were harder to get.

softblackcarbon.1537

20+ daily. No ascended drops. Fun times!

Every one I have opened have contained the exact same thing. Stabilizing Matrix, that junk item worth a gold and a tome. That is all. Every. Single. One!

That’s because those are the items contained in 21+ (or whatever the number is) chests…. There is a small small small chance to get ascended drops from the 21+ boxes but it is rare. (Rings are more common but largely not valuable.) Your best bet for ascended armor or weapon boxes is in the 51+ chest which has a little over a 10% chance to contain an armor box (according to current data). The drop rates is lower (between 3-4% I think?) for weapon boxes. I really wouldn’t expect much from the lower level chests…