Fractal impossible for me

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

What’s not to get? Doing level 50 is pretty much the hardest level there is in EoTm so far therefore you need the best equipment out there in order to played it.

Think of it like an endgame boss in a RPG, you never wear any mid tier equipment to fight the final boss let alone the starter gears!

Ok sure those rpg game got the best equipment from some chest or monster but in GW 2, you CAN still get the equipment (ascended armours and weapon) for level 50!

Posted by: yos.1846

yos.1846

You like fractals right? Run it a lot. If you have that many relics, I am actually surprised there was no single (zerker) armor/weapon box from the daily (11-49) chest to bump your AR higher.

Technically, you don’t have to craft anything to enjoy personal lvl fotm 50.
Have fun and work hard, you’ll run your 50 someday.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Yeah, really easy -.-", and is a only pieace ….
Did you forgot somethings?

http://pwniversity.com/gw2/crafting/armorsmith-guide

I do pvp really often and sometimes fractal (really rare WvW). i don’t take a lot of gold or materials from them….

No I didn’t forgot somethings. Pls read before commenting. I included the gold to level from level 1 to 500.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Just throwing this out there, I did my first SW bandit chest train yesterday.

Holy crap. 600 dragonite ore and 40 obsidian shards in about an hour. Ascended gear just got a whole lot easier!

OP, this isn’t going to change. If you want to play a level 50, you need to get the proper gear, and that will take time.

They’re not going to just invalidate all of the work players have done to get to max FotM level. Oh, wait… #NeverForget

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

I play for fun. I don’t want work hard, absolutly not.

Even with 70AR, FotM 50 would be the wrong place for you. If you can’t equate hard work with fun in your mind, then you shouldn’t be there.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I play for fun. I don’t want work hard, absolutly not.

Even with 70AR, FotM 50 would be the wrong place for you. If you can’t equate hard work with fun in your mind, then you shouldn’t be there.

Oh my god, so well-put!!!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Frost.1503

Frost.1503

I went too look if i could do this ascended armor…
1) Expansive
2)Ask a lot of time
3)Unfunny
4) You must w8 15 hours for every piece of damask so 1 day for every piece unless you wake up in the night and start to play or don’t have any kind of life outside. The helm need 5 damask so 5 days. 5 days x 6 piece 30 days.
5) i can’t do the armor for my guardian becouse i should arrive at 500 of armonsmith. But i have 500 in tailor. Becouse i like very much the conditioner necro and i would like use it more or less everwhere. Is good a conditioner in Fractal, Pve and WvW? I don’t see them very much, can you tell me why?
Anyway tnx for the answer.

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

I have a Necromancer in Full Ascended that costed me exactly 0 in game gold barring the regent for the crafting.

I have enough AR on trinkets alone to run level 49. costed me 0 in game gold barring of course the regents to combine the infusions.

I run Fractal 49’s in Exotic Gear and Ascended trinkets.

I run 50’s on either thief, Guardian or Warrior because they have the ascended weapons that have the last 10 agony resist infusions in them. that again costed me 0 in game gold barring the regents.

I have spent thousands of gold on Friends and Guildies for them to be able to get gear and come play to have fun.

and I have converted exactly 0 gems to gold.

I have a full time Job as a Chef. I play late at night for a few hours because there is little else to do at 3 am. I pugged my way to fractal 50.

This Game is not a job. But like my real job, I like to try and be good at it.

If you want to get to Fractal Level 50. thats awesome.

it WILL take effort.

It will take work.

how much. is entirely up to you.

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

4) You must w8 15 hours for every piece of damask so 1 day for every piece unless you wake up in the night and start to play or don’t have any kind of life outside. The helm need 5 damask so 5 days. 5 days x 6 piece 30 days.

It’s not 15 hours time wait but a time to the daily reset which is at 0000 UTC for EU. Doesn’t matter if you do it at 0100 or at 2300, the next time you can do it is after a daily reset. Also, it’s 36 days for a full set of light armour unless you buy bolts of damask from TP.

Posted by: Frost.1503

Frost.1503

A necromancer conditioner is good in Fractal??? In pvp is excellent but in pve, wvw and fractal i never see a conditioner (less necromancer conditioner roaming).

Posted by: Bohantopa.5729

Bohantopa.5729

A necromancer conditioner is good in Fractal??? In pvp is excellent but in pve, wvw and fractal i never see a conditioner (less necromancer conditioner roaming).

Necromancer is currently the lowest dps class in the game, and it also does not bring enough usefull group wide effects (might, vuln, reflect, stability [a little but not enough by far], other damage boosts, …). The things they do bring are condition cleanse and buff remover, still other classes are better at those. Therefore most groups will not specifically want a necro, some will even kick necros.

A Condionmancer is even worse: conditions get overwritten by other classes i.e. bleeding by a critting warrior (it’s not the weakest condition that is lost once you hit the cap, but the oldest one), some bosses periodically cleanse all condtions (think some of those are in fractals, but could be wrong), some “bosses” are immune to conditions (snowblind fractal ie) and iirc even if none of the above aply a conditionmancer deals even less damage than a power necro.

Still, if you want to play that way do so, just dont expect to be welcome in every group.

(edited by Bohantopa.5729)

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

I should probably add to my above post that although I do have a Ascended Necromancer. It is is Zojja, (berserker), with Scholar runes. And I do not run her in any organized group content, (being Dungeons and Fractals with very few exceptions). I do however run them solo in all sorts of things. (yes “them” as I have 4 of them)

Necromancer Used to have a nich in high level fractals. Meaning high as in 70 plus. But those days are currently gone. Necromancer Does fine in the Damage department, On par with several other classes. But thats the catch. Damage is the only thing they bring worth mentioning. But that is a conversation that is completely off topic from what we have here.

If you are planning on having to do alot of Pick up Groups. I would recomend against Ascending a Necro. I did mine early on and for my own personal gratification.

If you have a regular group that you run with, via guildies and friends that is an entirely different beast. If everyone is having a good time with it who is to tell you otherwise.

Ascended Gear is a long term process and goal. and I personaly think it is worth it. particularly now since Arena Net has come out and announced that there will never be a higher tier of Gear.

If you want it Fast. it will be expensive.
If you want it cheap. It will take some time.
And its only “grindy” if you make it so. The only thing I have ever “grinded” in this game was some levels for characters, and some PvP levels. Everything Else I got just by playing.

Thaddeus.4891

I went too look if i could do this ascended armor…
1) Expansive
2)Ask a lot of time
3)Unfunny
5) i can’t do the armor for my guardian becouse i should arrive at 500 of armonsmith. But i have 500 in tailor. Becouse i like very much the conditioner necro and i would like use it more or less everwhere. Is good a conditioner in Fractal, Pve and WvW? I don’t see them very much, can you tell me why?
Anyway tnx for the answer.

For your guardian the chest in the most expensive pieces, in total it will take 25days for a complete heavy armor. To level up armorsmith from level 1 to 500 it will cost about 60 gold, its around 7-9hours of dungeons. If that’s too much for you, you shouldn’t have the top gear of the game.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

As ropechef said, ascended is long term gear. Its expensive but definitely a manageable price if you take your time. Anyone that plays with me regularly knows i barely have any gold ever. This isnt because i spend it constantly. Its because i dont earn gold very fast, dont play enough and i do spend every now and again. On a good day i will do arah and a few other dungeons and can make about 25+ gold. Most other days i barely make more than 10g.

Despite this i have full ascended on warrior, guardian, ele and on the necro i have 3 full sets and huge amount of weapons all full ascended. Assassin, sinister and berserker and a brand new greatsword ready for HoT. And this is on a class that i rarely play anymore due to how poor it is in dungeons and fractals. x)

If i can manage this much with my perpetually poor income and reduced activity. Im sure you can manage one full set for one class.

Attachments:

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

Necromancer is currently the lowest dps class in the game

Uh, not, necromancer outdps a few other classes single target wise. The issue is the lack of offensive buff/group contribution.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Thaddeus.4891

Uh, not, necromancer outdps a few other classes single target wise. The issue is the lack of offensive buff/group contribution.

And which profession would that be? Guardian and Mesmer are really close to necromancer, but they still have a little bit more dps. Of course this will vary, the mesmer can have a hard time keeping phantasm up at all and when the Necromancer use its lichs he have a temporary bigger dps. But overall, its in the low end in term of dps.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Guardian, Mesmer and Necro walk into the last boss’ room of Aetherblade fractal. Who do you think has the highest DPS?

Hint: The array of unblockable attack of Necro is god-sent.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids