Fractal level 40 farm, allowed?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Andovar Edoras.2143

Andovar Edoras.2143

So i’m seeing this trend lately where people somehow skip the effigy and mobs in the beginning of the molten duo fractal 40, by jumping into the gap before the boss platform, to speed up the farming process.
I want to know if this is allowed, because i want to farm that fractal but i’m afraid of getting banned for it (looking at you, linen bans).

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

I thought that exploit was patched. I personally haven’t seen that being done outside of a youtube clip. All pugs I’ve ran with just fight the effigy, scale 40 is sort of a joke anyways. I’m sure you can find a farming group that wont exploit.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I also thought this was patched, even if its not, at level 40 it doesn’t take long to burn that champ down with the correct party.

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

Did they actually manage to patch that exploit back in there?
Anyways, if they banned people for skipping the effigy, half the playerbase would not be allowed into the game.

Posted by: Whitefang.4968

Whitefang.4968

that exploit already has been patched and it doesnt work anymore, but u can farm the normal way killing the first boss and proceeding, doesnt take really long. its just same as doing any other fractal. theres no rule against it that i know of.

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

Well, doing the fractal normally (kill effigy -> kill boss -> rince and repeat) cannot be an illegal action. Why should it? In that way the topic is a little misleading.

The real question is if skipping half of the fractal because of a dev oversight is an illegal action.
ArenaNet has not stated anything against or for that. (afaik) To this day the players just go by the rule “Abuse it until it’s fixed”.
I have heard some groups that said that skipping that way would be bannable, but that just seems unsensical and impractical, because so many people use the exploit.

Anyways, if they banned people for skipping the effigy, half the playerbase would not be allowed into the game.

I wish ArenaNet could give a little bit of disambiguation here.

Posted by: Whitefang.4968

Whitefang.4968

Well, doing the fractal normally (kill effigy -> kill boss -> rince and repeat) cannot be an illegal action. Why should it? In that way the topic is a little misleading.

The real question is if skipping half of the fractal because of a dev oversight is an illegal action.
ArenaNet has not stated anything against or for that. (afaik) To this day the players just go by the rule “Abuse it until it’s fixed”.
I have heard some groups that said that skipping that way would be bannable, but that just seems unsensical and impractical, because so many people use the exploit.

I wish ArenaNet could give a little bit of disambiguation here.

you are right, anet will not be banning them. last time this happened, anet just fixed the bug and mentioned it was an exploit. and im not sure that bug can be repeated anymore. not that i have seen. Could be OP heard about the exploit from a third person and didnt see it himself as this was fixed back then (i checked on all characters that it used to work on)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

If there is some new way to execute the exploit, can you please PM me an explanation of how to jump across the platform and skip the mobs / champion to go right to the boss? Additionally, please email it to exploits@arena.net. Thanks.

P.S. No one will be banned for completing Fractals normally ad infinitum (HAH) for the end chest rewards.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

So i’m seeing this trend lately where people somehow skip the effigy and mobs in the beginning of the molten duo fractal 40, by jumping into the gap before the boss platform, to speed up the farming process.
I want to know if this is allowed, because i want to farm that fractal but i’m afraid of getting banned for it (looking at you, linen bans).

Honestly, I can’t say that it’s a bad thing, because anet removed loot from effigy and whole encounter after doing it first time per day is basically a waste of time.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters