Fractal level reset for old players?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Razeor.6271

Razeor.6271

I’m a returning player who has been away from the game since 2013.
In the past, to challenge ourselves, me and some friends got our personal reward levels to 80.
Today I logged into my account and saw that that my reward level, in addition to those of my 2 other characters who were both >48, has been reverted back to 30.

I would like to know:
1. If there has been a fractal progression reset in the last 2 years and whether that reset applied to everyone
2. The reasoning behind such a move

I mean, it’s rather frustrating to see the results of my efforts taken away like this.

Side note: humblebragging with a sort-of proof of my progression

Attachments:

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

1. Yes.
2. because reasons*.
update: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/upcoming-changes-for-the-fractals-of-the-mists/
because of instabilities being introduced to 30+ levels and SUPPOSED to be leaderboards that never came.

All is vain.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

(edited by RSLongK.8961)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

1) Yes there were a reset with the update named Fractured.

2) This was one of the biggest community outrage. Nobody was suppose to be higher than level 30 in the first place, they wanted everybody to experience the new instability and they wanted a levelled playing field for the upcoming leaderboards which never came because it was a dumb idea to begin with anyway. It was a mess on Anet part.

But with the expansion, we’ll be able to reach level 100 in fractal.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Razeor.6271

I see.
And looks like that update came only a short while after I left too.
Well this has left me with a bad taste.

Thanks for the answers guys.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

AFAIK, they haven’t said anything about not resetting fractal levels again with HoT. Since they’re revamping the progression system and because they’re ANet, progress resets are still on the table.

So I’d hold off on grinding your PR up until we hear more.

(Unless I missed something, but I don’t recall hearing anything “official” on the subject.)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

They didn’t said that they won’t reset it, but I doubt it. That would be so dumb from them. The fractured reset had a certain logic since we weren’t suppose to go higher than 30 anyway.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Fractal reset never forget.

Attachments:

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

They have said that personal levels won’t be reset with HoT, on reddit I think. I’ll try to find it.

Found it: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3f6ei6/the_brandnew_fractals_of_the_mists_legendary/ctlpusx

Nova [rT]

(edited by dutchiez.7502)

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

v v v v

Posted by: Card.9704

Card.9704

wow I was looking forward to the reset ;(

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

I’m a returning player who has been away from the game since 2013.
In the past, to challenge ourselves, me and some friends got our personal reward levels to 80.
Today I logged into my account and saw that that my reward level, in addition to those of my 2 other characters who were both >48, has been reverted back to 30.

I would like to know:
1. If there has been a fractal progression reset in the last 2 years and whether that reset applied to everyone
2. The reasoning behind such a move

I mean, it’s rather frustrating to see the results of my efforts taken away like this.

Side note: humblebragging with a sort-of proof of my progression

While it did suck to have the personal reward levels reset, some good did come of it at least (not saying that one had to include the other, just that they coincided at the same time). That is that your personal reward level is account based now, instead of character based. No need to grind reward levels on multiple toons anymore

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Much rather have character based PR so I’d have more than 1 daily to do.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

pretty sure that was account bound just as the daily dungeon chest since way before the reset down to lvl30

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

AFAIK, they haven’t said anything about not resetting fractal levels again with HoT. Since they’re revamping the progression system and because they’re ANet, progress resets are still on the table.

So I’d hold off on grinding your PR up until we hear more.

(Unless I missed something, but I don’t recall hearing anything “official” on the subject.)

they arent resetting you, they give you a soft reset by changing all the numbers involved. Its basically the same thing but created to achieve the same effect without reseting you.

1)First of all, the amount of effort to get to your current fractal level has been reduced.

• while level 50 used to take at least 50×4 or 200 fractals completed, it now takes 50.

2) the level difficulty curve is being redone, since it takes less to progress (somone who only did 30 fractals probably isnt really ready for the old level 30 difficulty. This means level 50 difficulty will most likely be closer to a level 30 difficulty.

3) they havent mentioned this part yet, but it would be logical for them to reduce the rewards for certain difficulties, based on the fact its easier to level up, and the old difficulties now map to easier content.

so basically? my prediction is at the end of the day, your level 50, will give less rewards, require less levels to get to the same place, and be easier difficulty.

Welcome to fractal reset 2.0, the soft reset.

Razeor.6271

I agree. In fact that used to be the only incentive to level up multiple toons to fractals 40+.

pretty sure that was account bound just as the daily dungeon chest since way before the reset down to lvl30

Apparently the patch was introduced in Nov 2013 (?), and at least in June 2013 I was still able to get more than 1 daily chest.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

That explains so much. I thought I was at 43 but when I came back after quitting for a while, I saw I was at 30.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

We were never meant to glitch and exploit our way above level 50 anyway.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

they reset people to 30, not 50 though

Posted by: NeoVaris.4806

NeoVaris.4806

Also not quite sure how exactly rolling uneven Fractals would have been a glitch or an exploit back then. It wasn’t like they locked it, and when the even levels were doable with res orbs, I wouldn’t call it a an exploit (although they did change it so that the agony re-applies once your rally).

[HC]

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

a) There were totally legit ways even without revive orbs.
b) You were able to do multiple 48 dailys per day
(one per character)
c) nice you leveled up with fildurin and hysst

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

Razeor.6271

Freezing mossman, glitch skipping manor and arah were exploits. On the other hand, for fractal 50+ the tactics used were the same ones used by people without AR to deal with fractal 30+.

To me the fact that “no one was meant to go above fractal level 30+”, even though there was enough AR available to facetank agony 48, means that “we were not meant to” is not the issue here. Otherwise, our weapon skins and loot should have been taken away because we were all “exploiting”.

However, there’s little point in crying over spilt milk, especially 2 years old spilt milk, so I’ll stop here.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Glad to see you come back – and yes it was a terrible move they pulled taking away progress like that.

Anyway – stick around -update to FOTM is going to hit when the expansion comes out.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I’d be interested in hearing OP’s thoughts on the game as a returning player.

Yeah, there’s been practically zero new content, but perhaps thoughts on the current meta?

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Glad to see people are still confused about this years later.

Never forget.