Fractal mentality with guardian.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Abriel.4103

Abriel.4103

Last night I joint a group with 3 guardians (me being one) with a war and a necro (who are in the same guild). We killed Mossman after 1 wipe with the necro stayed death most of the time. And during and after the fight the war kept complaining about two guardians (me being one) for not running a support built. (At one point he asked why I use golem instead of renew focus and I had to pointed out that I am a norn, not an Asura).

Between 3 guardians all run with “Retreat” and “Wall of Reflection”, 2 with “Shield of Avenger” and 1 “Hold the line”, as well as the occasional #4 and #5 shield. I run with Tomb of Courage so I usually save my F3 for critical situation. I guess the war was trying to cover for his Necro friend who stayed death for most part of the fight. I decided to drop the group after telling the war that if he think a group of 3 guardian is still not enough support for him and his friend to stay alive, then the problem is obviously not on my end.

I decided to drop the group and looked for another one. Had to redo swarm and got mossman again, with me being the only guardian in the group. We killed him easily, and we also one shot the fire shaman on the next map. At that point I was glad I dropped the earlier group. Later on I grab a guardian in my guild and we did another run with my ranger, again he was the only guardian in the group and we cleared mossman + dredge fractal easily.

TL:DR version: asking for a guardian in your party doesn’t mean you can forget how to dodge. Competent players don’t need guardians to carry them.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I pretty much agree with your last paragraph. I’ve noticed that people are most likely to blame others or other factors than themselves.

Edit: Fixed typo from autocorrect

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

It’s very sad. I’ve ditched many groups due terrible players to find out few seconds afterwards theyre looking for more guards on an lfg to cover their own baddiness.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

The less guardians in a pug the better anyway, most of them are just making the run take longer.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|