Fractal of the Mists: Ascende Gear

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Roll.4025

Roll.4025

Hi,
Most of my time playing GW2 I have been doing all daily fractals. Before the HoT, during the week I received several Ascended Chests but things changed after HoT release. Three months so far and I received only 2 Ascended Weapon Chests. Is it really so much decreased chance of getting the Ascended Chest from Fractals?

Posted by: Mosferre.1246

Mosferre.1246

Seems like it. I’ve been approx. 4 weeks with nothing, and 1 ascended weap. chest in 4 mths.

I came, I saw, I continued watching as I’m a newbie…

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

The reward from daily 51+ is pretty much the same as the old daily 50.

But where daily 20, 30 and 40 used to have decent droprate for ascended, now the same droprate for daily 1-25 and 26-50 is very very small. So doing level 51 each day, should give you about the same ascended gear than doing level 50 each day pre-hot.

Of course, we still don’t have a high enough sample size to be definitive.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18IHVJao5j85KOp6lBTOgO8qs4VYD3Xty-jKPZo8o-Q4/pubhtml

Right now we have a Confidence Interval of about 3.5% so maybe the droprate of level 51+ is a little bit lower than it used to be, we are not totally sure so far.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

So no tonic drop yet?

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Thaddeus did a great job summing all up about drops, I just want to add a little thing:

Fractal rewards are super good nowadays. You gain very much gold doing all dailies so you can craft asc armor faster than before (if you had played fractals only for achieving them).

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

Fractal gold rewards are pretty good (somewhat RNGish) but the ascended drop rate is naff everywhere.

very special guild tag [tX]

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Thaddeus did a great job summing all up about drops, I just want to add a little thing:

Fractal rewards are super good nowadays. You gain very much gold doing all dailies so you can craft asc armor faster than before (if you had played fractals only for achieving them).

It’s barely worth it to keep playing after the dailies are done. How is that super good?

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

It’s barely worth it to keep playing after the dailies are done. How is that super good?

The rewards for the dailies. I didn’t talk about anything more, although it is worth to buy keys for a decent amount.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

The gold system will earn you a bit but the system itself is trash. Rule of the lottery is you always lose. In this case the tickets are provided but you pay for the penny to scratch it.