Fractal optimal party composition

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Eliavres.4910

Eliavres.4910

First of all I’m not exactly a fan of the meta but I have to give credit where credit is due, when you get high up into the endgame certain builds are preferred for a perfectly valid reason, so as someone who got the deepest into fractals before HoT and is just coming back, I’m trying to make sense of the ‘new’ state of affairs.

I’d ask this in each class’s forum but I wanted as much of an unbiased answer as possible. How do rangers/revenants/engis/thiefs/necros hold up in the fractal meta nowadays? Specially the last two, I do see a lot of them in LFG. I keep running into p/p thieves and often IG I’ve been told of parties with 4 necros and 1 chrono tearing up T4 ezpz.. but every time I’ve had one (or two) in my party I can’t really say they were particularly helpful.

So what gives, are p/p thieves finally good? The necromancer, which pre-HoT nobody wanted in fractals is now a top choice?

And finally, assuming an average skilled party with good knowledge of the mechanics, what is the current consensus for optimal party composition? I figure a PS Warr, Chrono and Tempest are the essential, what about the other two slots?

Karadoc Breifbras – Warrior
Clolne – Mesmer
Quiroprata – Engineer

(edited by Eliavres.4910)

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sephylon.4938

Sephylon.4938

1st off, anet has a recently made a new forum website https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/ so you may get better answers there. Now to your questions.

So what gives, are p/p thieves finally good?

they’re a self sufficient in terms of might stack and healing. They are able to carry a group given the right hands and build.

The necromancer, which pre-HoT nobody wanted in fractals is now a top choice?

No, but they are a face roll choice. Get 4 reapers (necro’s elite spec) and a druid(ranger’s elite spec), spam some condi and epi and watch the flies fall.

And finally, assuming an average skilled party with good knowledge of the mechanics, what is the current consensus for optimal party composition?

chrono, ps, druid and 2 dps, if the druid can go with a dps build (condi druid offers the highest dps while offering slightly less, if not the same amount of boons). But please note we are getting an expansion in 10 days, with it new elite specs for each class, so this is very likely to change.