Fractal running level vs reward level?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

Say im lvl 25 fractals and I do a lvl 10 daily fractal.

Am I suppose to get relic rewards at lvl 25 rates or lvl 10 rates?

I ask because on top right corner of screen it says “fractal reward level 25” but when I do level 10 fractal im not getting lvl 25 rewards, im getting lvl 10 rewards.

Is it a bug or just poor choice of words on arena nets part?

I don’t see how im getting lvl 25 rewards, coz im not, even the drops seem to be nerfed on fractals and been made harder so take longer…

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Patch notes bro:

Fractals of the Mists
– If players have a higher reward level than the current fractal difficulty, they will receive bonus karma at the end of a round. However, item rewards are set to the minimum of the fractal scale and reward level.

Do you know how broken that would be if you could get level 50 rewards by running a level 2 fractal which you can pretty much do in your sleep?

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

I ask because on top right corner of screen it says “fractal reward level 25” but when I do level 10 fractal im not getting lvl 25 rewards, im getting lvl 10 rewards.

I don’t see how im getting lvl 25 rewards, coz im not, even the drops seem to be nerfed on fractals and been made harder so take longer…

You get reward for the lower of the personal reward and fractal difficulty level. But I think there is some minor scaling if you are on an odd number. I.e. if I am level 25 but do level 26, I believe my Maw reward is scaled-up (not a 100%). But no, you will not be able to farm-up Fractal skins by farming level 10 after getting to Fractal 20+

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

Strifey.7215

I was confused about that also, did level 20 with reward level 19 and got a chest. I assume then I got the daily for the 10-19 tier? Confusing since I didn’t expect a chest as my personal reward level was an odd level. If I had done level 21 with reward level 19 I imagine I would not have gotten a chest?

Correct, you got tier 2 which is 10-19 chest.

If you did 21 then you wouldn’t fight Jade Maw so there would be no chance for you to get a daily since that only happens after you fight Jade Maw.

Strifey.7215

You get reward for the lower of the personal reward and fractal difficulty level. But I think there is some minor scaling if you are on an odd number. I.e. if I am level 25 but do level 26, I believe my Maw reward is scaled-up (not a 100%). But no, you will not be able to farm-up Fractal skins by farming level 10 after getting to Fractal 20+

I actually did this last night, my warrior was 25 and I was running with guildies on 26 daily. I ended up getting a (crap mariners compass) ring and it wasn’t infused, so I believe you still need 26 to get the guaranteed infused version.

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

So why does it say “fractal reward level"

Posted by: Ludio Tempo.1362

Ludio Tempo.1362

I actually did this last night, my warrior was 25 and I was running with guildies on 26 daily. I ended up getting a (crap mariners compass) ring and it wasn’t infused, so I believe you still need 26 to get the guaranteed infused version.

just did level 20 fractal, got a Crystalline Ring (infused). verified infused rings drop from daily chest at level 20. fractal reward level was also 20