Fractal skin RNG is disgusting

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

A few days ago I got my 4th skin… it was a skin I already had, go figure. So I now have 3 different skins, one of them twice, what were the chances for that?

Very low if you ask me, the fractal skin system is terrible… I already proposed a way to deal with it, and many other problems with the reward system but no response yet…

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Idk if this is ironic or what but I did a 28 yesterday and I got 4x the rares that I did on my 48 but got the exact same daily reward. A good ol hunk of nothing. That makes 5 in a row now with nothing, steak would be longer but I got bagnak ring after another good stretch.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

It makes things so much worse when you see someone get a skin you want twice in a row… Really wish they would introduce the ability to trade skins.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’d have something like 160 pristine relics, but my luck getting rings is basically nonexistent, so I’ve purchased 8 of them with pristine relics to gear out my characters. Believe it or not, I’ve gotten more fractal skins than rings, haha. I guess that’s what I get for only running 48 (I leveled to L48 FotM before they introduced Pristine relics, so all of my Pristines right now are from FotM 48 only).

Still trying to get the scepter!! Once I get that, I’ll have completed all of my looks for my mains. Although a Greatsword for my Guardian would be nice, and a Shortbow and another Pistol would be cool too….. I have a feeling I’ll be playing FotM for a long time to come.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Arod.3982

Arod.3982

The RNG is disgusting. I wanted the fractal sword, but I ended up getting Bolt quicker. Crazy.

Been doing 48 every day for so long looking for a fractal sword has burnt me out. I actually wish I spent that time working on getting Bolt instead.
Congrats

Posted by: khefka.2804

khefka.2804

There should at least be a way for the rng to tell what weapons you already have and make those a smaller chance to get. I got 4 focus in a row, then when I finally got something different it was a trident (which I already had 1 of as well).

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

They should just add it as a purchasable weapon skin for a new currency only awarded at level 30+.

Then add the rest of the levels beyond 50, and have a green reskinned version for a new currency only awarded at 50+. So the ones carrying the green swords can be recognized as badarses

randomfightfan.4091

They should just add it as a purchasable weapon skin for a new currency only awarded at level 30+.

Then add the rest of the levels beyond 50, and have a green reskinned version for a new currency only awarded at 50+. So the ones carrying the green swords can be recognized as badarses

or same skin but have ascended stats. I personally love the white trail but would be 100% fine with it if there was a different colored trail to go with higher lvl skins. People who want their prestige would get their prestige and people who want their skins would get it though a common sense currency system.

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

or same skin but have ascended stats. I personally love the white trail but would be 100% fine with it if there was a different colored trail to go with higher lvl skins. People who want their prestige would get their prestige and people who want their skins would get it though a common sense currency system.

Exactly. I’m a prestige hunter, so it’s incredibly frustrating that the only prestigious items in the game are fractal-weaponry and a fully upgraded capacitor. A simple color-change would let the prestige hunters show off their level, without being stronger than anyone else, statwise.

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

Over 100 obtained pristine relics in total. Out of these runs(which were pretty much only 28, 38 and 48’s), i got a Fractal Greatsword, a Mace and a Pistol. You might say “at least you got a GS”. Yeah, but i’ve been banking it for about 3 or 4 months now, as i can’t use it on any of my characters. Well, besides my lv33 warrior which i finally gave the sword.

Been doing fractals since they were released and still haven’t gotten the weapons which i wanted and could use. 1 or 2 swords(heh), a focus and the staff.

Why didn’t you do the same treatment to fractal weapons as you did to the rings? Instead of having a random fractal weapon drop, have a fractal weapon TOKEN drop which you then use to buy the fractal weapon you want.

I’m slowly thinking about quitting fractals once and for all now. Didn’t get a skin since the last 2 months either. Please consider something like this, developers.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

The RNG is disgusting. I wanted the fractal sword, but I ended up getting Bolt quicker. Crazy.

Been doing 48 every day for so long looking for a fractal sword has burnt me out. I actually wish I spent that time working on getting Bolt instead.
Congrats

Lol you’re still trying to get that sword?

After I got the greatsword I pretty much stopped doing fractals which was around February. I was doing fractals 5 times a day had 2 characters at 40s(Two 28 runs, Two 38 runs and a 48 run) It’s kind of obvious they have it obtainable the way it is so that you keep playing if you could use tokens you would eventually get what you want.

Attachments:

(edited by RoRo.8270)

Posted by: Arod.3982

Arod.3982

Congrats

Lol you’re still trying to get that sword?

After I got the greatsword I pretty much stopped doing fractals which was around February. I was doing fractals 5 times a day had 2 characters at 40s(Two 28 runs, Two 38 runs and a 48 run) It’s kind of obvious they have it obtainable the way it is so that you keep playing if you could use tokens you would eventually get what you want.

Nah, I stopped doing fractals around February. I stopped around the time you got your greatsword. I did 48 twice a day around the time I was grouping with you.

Posted by: Lanser.8520

Lanser.8520

Is it show-pictures-of-you-collection time? Because I can jump on that.

Too many rings, 20 skins, ~10k Relics, 97 Pristines, 6 or 7 of the 10 rings in the bank were bought. No sword skin, no greatsword skin. Okay then.

This is a result of doing it everyday from the middle of Dec to the end of April. I stopped doing it daily because I’ve been so burnt that I’ve started only doing my daily for laurels.

I had minor complaints in Jan, but it was Feb when I started trying to point out the problems in the system, resulting in this suggestion post to make the weapons attainable for highly skilled players, or players that want to do multiple times the work of said highly skilled players. That recipe can also be adapted for 50+ if weapon progression wants to be really hard.

Well, its coming up on 7 months of fractals being around. Lets hope they make some big fixes sometime in the near future, and not 7 more months down the road.

Attachments:

randomfightfan.4091

Well I have 10 more pristines all from 38 or 48 and still 0 new skins and 1 new junk ring that I don’t want. Lucky lucky

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

got 500 fractal achievement be4 pristines implemented and now got 120 of them, in total got 1 scepet, 1 hammer,1 sword, 1 tourch, 1 focus, 1 rifle, 1 speargun and 1 pistol just want a kitten mace

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

randomfightfan.4091

I’d give you mine if I could… even if you don’t have the dagger I want

Posted by: Bearlin.7238

Bearlin.7238

Yes IT IS disgusting. I was supposed to have more than 110 pristine tokens but I spent some for an alt. Yet, with all my hardwork, I have only gotten 4 skins. FOUR. Scepter, rifle, warhorn, axe.

Seriously, just four skins total within a span of 4 months.

Attachments:

Posted by: HoboLyra.4908

HoboLyra.4908

I’m lv 35 fractals, but not a single skin. >.<
And that’s not all I’ve done is 35 runs, I just kept farming around there as I had no want to go higher.

-Tarnished Coast-
Obsidian Spire OS / EXS

randomfightfan.4091

why would you stop at 35 it doesn’t make any sense. the “chance” at getting your skin only goes up when you do 38s (by chance i mean from .00000015% to .00000016%) and the difficulty stays the same. Any also you can’t say anything like that as lvl 35 implies that you’ve probably done, at absolute maximum, 10 30’s fractals. That really isn’t a lot at all.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

something may be changed…i wouldn t bet on it but may be…
Along with the new atch making fractal 100% more annoying for the sake of irritating players

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

randomfightfan.4091

STORY TIME!!!

My warrior friend did fractals yesterday and got fractal dagger skin. That’s right, the skin I’ve been working towards for months. He put it on the off-hand on his ranger. Not like he has anywhere else to put it.

Do you know what I got?

kitten off. kitten fractals I’m done. Rng isn’t a valid excuse for this bullkitten.

Posted by: BulletNG.7069

BulletNG.7069

kitten off. kitten fractals I’m done. Rng isn’t a valid excuse for this bullkitten.

lol

Dawn of Dementia [DUI] – Yak’s Bend
Formerly: Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness

randomfightfan.4091

@ bullet
I love kittens

Posted by: Razeor.6271

Razeor.6271

I’m more proud of these than my legendary that is collecting dust.
My goal was to collect all the skins. The 4 skins I’m missing seem so close, yet are so far. At this rate I estimate that it will take me another month or two to even get a new non-duplicate skin. If I were 5 years younger, or if there was new content/dungeons coming instead of these temporary distractions that I prefer playing actual adventure games over, I’d stick to the grind longer. So I gave up.
Thanks my friends and the talented/funny pugs I’ve met, you’ve made it a memorable grind for me.

Attachments:

(edited by Razeor.6271)

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

STORY TIME!!!

My warrior friend did fractals yesterday and got fractal dagger skin. That’s right, the skin I’ve been working towards for months. He put it on the off-hand on his ranger. Not like he has anywhere else to put it.

Do you know what I got?

kitten ed off. kitten fractals I’m done. Rng isn’t a valid excuse for this bullkitten.

I have 3 daggers if that makes you feel any better lol. I’m in the same situation though as I have been wanting a sword and an axe but have not gotten either after 2 months of doing 48 every day. You could have had an incinerator and I could have had a bolt and lots of gold left over in the bank with the time wasted.

It seems like they nerfed the daily chest too with that southsun patch. I haven’t gotten anything in 8 runs and my group got nothing last night. We have barely been getting anything for a week or so and we do only 48. Such a small change is needed for weapon acquisition. It’s really getting hard to make groups for it anymore since people just keep quitting the game since it is turning into farmville.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I’m more proud of these than my legendary that is collecting dust.
My goal was to collect all the skins. The 4 skins I’m missing seem so close, yet are so far. At this rate I estimate that it will take me another month or two to even get a new non-duplicate skin. If I were 5 years younger, or if there was new content/dungeons coming instead of these temporary distractions that I prefer playing actual adventure games over, I’d stick to the grind longer. So I gave up.
Thanks my friends and the talented/funny pugs I’ve met, you’ve made it a memorable grind for me.

A thing of beauty. I initially wanted a Fractal Sword, but managed to get Bolt first … and I’m still waiting.

I couldn’t help but notice … all those Fractals and still only using an 18 slot bag

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

LordByron.8369

i got the sword (and a 4th torch :/) Yesterday…. miss only dagger and i m done …..

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

randomfightfan.4091

STORY TIME!!!

Do you know what I got?

kitten ed off. kitten fractals I’m done. Rng isn’t a valid excuse for this bullkitten.

I have 3 daggers if that makes you feel any better lol. I’m in the same situation though as I have been wanting a sword and an axe but have not gotten either after 2 months of doing 48 every day. You could have had an incinerator and I could have had a bolt and lots of gold left over in the bank with the time wasted.

It seems like they nerfed the daily chest too with that southsun patch. I haven’t gotten anything in 8 runs and my group got nothing last night. We have barely been getting anything for a week or so and we do only 48. Such a small change is needed for weapon acquisition. It’s really getting hard to make groups for it anymore since people just keep quitting the game since it is turning into farmville.

I don’t blame them at all. I quit fractals a while ago and quit the game a month after that for a month. I guarantee if I took half the time I wasted on fractals and put it into cof p1 farm, I would have 1000+ gold right now. The “prestige” of the fractal hammers and torches (that I’ll never use) is not nearly as intriguing as really anything else in this game. I just wish we could have fun AND make money/get the item we’re working for, not one or the other.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I proposed a long time ago, to make Ascended Rings and Fractal Skins “Party Bound”, so until you exit FotM, party members will be able to distribute them among themselves. I’m sick and tired of getting the skin my friends want, and they get the skin I want and we can’t exchange between ourselves. Since they are account bound there is no way to get a skin “to sell to others” or salvage the items for ectos, there is absolutely no benefit for getting a skin/ring that you don’t want, they will only take up bank space.

“Party bound” Rings and Skins, maybe only skins at first, is the answer to RNG. Anet needs to stop punishing guildies/friends doing dungeons together, I’m happy they make the life of randoms good with everything in this game, but some quality of life improvement for groups of friends/guildies is needed.

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Would be nice if when you got to lv 50, you got a one time only per char token for a fractal skin of your choice.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

LordByron.8369

so we have tons of unprepared players being carried to 50 >.>
no ty.

its already sad how at 38 people can t handle lava shaman

GW2 balance:

Posted by: FourthVariety.5463

FourthVariety.5463

Between a flood of rings you don’t need and some fractal weapons you never use because you do not have the right characters, Fractals aren’t exactly the place for loot anyway.

It makes only sense that if the most rewards can be earned grinding the easiest dungeon (Cof), the hardest dungeon is the one where you practically do not get any consistent loot worth the effort.

Posted by: Razeor.6271

Razeor.6271

I couldn’t help but notice … all those Fractals and still only using an 18 slot bag

I still keep one or two normal bags on each char so junk and whites fill them up and get separated from blues greens yellows.