Fractaling with an Anet employee

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

and he made everyone rage quit!! We were on cliffside and I targeted the chanter and asked everyone to leave him be. I even showed them how to lose agro and avoid him if he was to follow them into the hallway. Everything was going smooth and I had come back into the hallway and dropped the hammer in time to see the ranger and his pet killing the marked chanter. before I could type “STOP” he was dead. The group decided not to continue on and surprisingly enough there wasn’t any verbal bashing since the player was showing his Anet tags( red symbol to the right of his name) Im not posting the player name since I am not looking to bash him but thought it was really funny afterwards and it should be posted.

(edited by zerotwo.4731)

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

There’s an A-Net employee ranger running around with sunrise on SOR, I always get a chuckle seeing that.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

zerotwo.4731

When he was playing with us he had like 20 buffs running too. Crazy!

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

I wonder if you kick a PUG if he did that.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

This is why fractals is such a mess that it is in, no one in charge know what the heck they are doing. BTW Jeff, when are you F’N going to do the fixes you mentioned. Char fractal STILL BROKEN. Cliffside STILL BROKEN. Rata Sum STILL BROKEN. Dredge fractal jumping puzzle still works.
If anyone in charge would like to do fractals I’d love to show you are the stuff messed up.

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

i am not surprised

anet employees dont play this game enough and most play in patch day

i remember catch anet employee takin supply from towers

most of them are pretty chill and we can make fun of them

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I feel like a job requirement should be for them to play the game, that way they can actually make appropriate fixes.

RIP in peace Robert

zerotwo.4731

The guy also tried to melee Bloomhunger…….. We picked him up after we killed it.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

The guy also tried to melee Bloomhunger…….. We picked him up after we killed it.

o_O; Do people not melee Bloomhunger? I find him a bit easier to fight in melee range.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

^*2
That’s the way to go tho.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s better to fight Bloomhunger in melee assuming you know how to dodge. Just because someone from Anet designs the game, it does not mean they know every strategy that people use or how to play.

Posted by: Abriel.4103

Abriel.4103

it depend on the lvl of the fractal. I melee it if it’s pre 40, but post 40 I just range. And inb4learntododge, I know how to dodge and I suspect most people can to a decree, but if you put it on a safe/risk scale the benefit isn’t worth. What I mean is that even if you’re really good at dodging and can dodge 10 attacks, just missing the 11th one will kill you, and dying at the proximity to the boss usually lead to party wipe when other try to rez.

It’s the samething with Lupicus and Fireshaman and some other, you can melee if you want at the risk of you can not make a mistake even once. If you want to do it with your guild sure, but pug isn’t exactly in favor of a confident vote.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Bloomhunger is really annoying to melee. There’s good chance that some circles won’t even appear (at least if everyone melees).

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Trolled by an anet employee intentionally? wtf…

zerotwo.4731

Granted Bloomhunger can be meleed, I choose to range simply to avoid rezing or party wipe. If this was a clan group it would be different. As proven many times pug groups can be shifty.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

I don’t know if Obal’s posted his video yet but the other day our group melee’d Bloomhunger at 48 in 1:04.

Retired. Too many casuals.

(edited by Broadicea.8294)

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Bloomhunger is easy to melee. If you don’t have aggro stand behind him.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

Bloomhunger is really annoying to melee. There’s good chance that some circles won’t even appear (at least if everyone melees).

I’m more then surprised oO
I always melee him, it’s so much easier b/c you can reflect every attack except his autoattack.
Even when I solo him I never range

[rT]

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

I’m more then surprised oO
I always melee him, it’s so much easier b/c you can reflect every attack except his autoattack.
Even when I solo him I never range

On thief he’s quite hard to melee b/c if you don’t have someone in the party to put a bubble under him while he shakes, or have active/passive blocks, even if you time the barrages you’ll still get hit sometimes/more than you’d like.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posted by: Rathore.9348

Rathore.9348

I find it’s easier to surround Bloomhunger while fighting him, melee or ranged – he has a big problem hitting things that are behind him.

Posted by: nam.5604

nam.5604

so we were being watched the whole time. why would an employee came into our game and messed things up and knew that we spent 3+ hours playing the game and had to quit because he did what he did. We are losing our freedom of talking on the phone, emails, chats, text, now games too? I didn’t sign up for this. If i knew this would happened? I wouldn’t buy the game. I quit supporting by buying the gems with my money because i don’t like how Anet operate, and surprisingly how many people have the same thoughts ? I’m not afraid to speak up, so what? ban me? show us if you care about the players and respect them.

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

so we were being watched the whole time. why would an employee came into our game and messed things up and knew that we spent 3+ hours playing the game and had to quit because he did what he did. We are losing our freedom of talking on the phone, emails, chats, text, now games too? I didn’t sign up for this. If i knew this would happened? I wouldn’t buy the game. I quit supporting by buying the gems with my money because i don’t like how Anet operate, and surprisingly how many people have the same thoughts ? I’m not afraid to speak up, so what? ban me? show us if you care about the players and respect them.

The Anet employee wasn’t trolling you. The person who said that above was joking.

It doesn’t surprise me that ANET employees have no idea.

(edited by Moderator)

nam.5604

take it down. i careless if they do. they have that power. we players don’t
and i careless what they do or how they do to save money. but one thing though, you treat people right, you get what you wanted.

nam.5604

how would you feel about that you bought a house and previous owner invade into your house and break things up?

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

If you stay behind it this won’t happen. I have my groups just run frantically to get behind it the whole time and we don’t have a problem doing full melee.

Player Character.9467

take it down. i careless if they do. they have that power. we players don’t
and i careless what they do or how they do to save money. but one thing though, you treat people right, you get what you wanted.

This guy…. this guy right here. He so careless. Don’t leave him to watch over yo’ childrens.

nam.5604

good because i hate kids

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

lol @ you not meleeing him

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Well I guess he gets a star for effort right >_>

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Abriel.4103

Abriel.4103

to be fair, it’s not “impossible to do” the arm seal if you messed up, far from it. It’s just most people immediately proclaim doom and don’t even try.

My group messed it up about 2 days ago (all pugs), the reason is everyone but two never bother to pick up the hammer, and we wipe with one hit left. Came back with an army on both seal and the war in the group proclaimed we’re now doomed it’s impossible. I told them it’s not and we can do it if people focus. We get it done in about 5min, F-I-V-E minutes. And I wouldn’t even grade my group as a good pug. Just like last night we had a thief that immidietly bail on 2nd frac when he saw dredge was rolled, we took another in and finished it pretty quickly.

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

I feel like a job requirement should be for them to play the game, that way they can actually make appropriate fixes.

There was an anet dev in LA in gandara just now, everyone was dancing around him, he’s name was sunshine, I’m pretty sure he was like “I immediately regret this decision,”

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Seems like they are though… I see a few a on NSP every other day … not in Tags, but it’s pretty obvious who they are. But I don’t think they could ever put through a requirement that they play it WELL. =P ….that’s the operative word here.

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

Wait..so your whole party quit just because you actually had to fight the cultists?

Thought these were dungeons, man.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

The joke’s is on you now.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

On the forum everyone is a pro…
When u play instead >.< seems they hide very well because people i meet is not that good often.

Well and i bet they complete a messed fractal with 5 rangers am i right?
They don t need to rely on profession negating any mechanic like a lot of guardians and warriors true?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

If you stay behind it this won’t happen. I have my groups just run frantically to get behind it the whole time and we don’t have a problem doing full melee.

Can’t you pretty much tank one hit on level 48?
Anyways I don’t know if he does more projectiles at higher levels but I will next time try stay directly behind him.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

They don t need to rely on profession negating any mechanic like a lot of guardians and warriors true?

I don’t really see how warriors negate mechanics. Guardians and especially mesmers do.

Can’t you pretty much tank one hit on level 48?
Anyways I don’t know if he does more projectiles at higher levels but I will next time try stay directly behind him.

Even when staying behind him you might get hit by his agony attack. And we don’t have 4 aegises.

Posted by: Rin Yamato.2058

Rin Yamato.2058

So you’re mad about an arenanet employee wanting to do the dungeon the way it’s SUPPOSED to be done? I mean seriously, it’s designed to be a challenge. It’s a dungeon, not a level 3 story quest.

Player Character.9467

So you’re mad about an arenanet employee wanting to do the dungeon the way it’s SUPPOSED to be done? I mean seriously, it’s designed to be a challenge. It’s a dungeon, not a level 3 story quest.

… using a strategy is how it’s supposed to be done, bashing your keyboard with your face is not.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I don’t really see how warriors negate mechanics. Guardians and especially mesmers do.

by Killing stuff before it is a threat..

Example Old Tom… who need crystals when you have enough DPS?
There are many other examples.

@Rin yamato…
How do you know that is the way supposed to be done?
If you read another topic about cliffside bug seems to me thakittens not how you say.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

zerotwo.4731

As stated before since you didn’t care to read it. Trolling as usual. It was a pug group and he was a ranger. Guild runs are different.

zerotwo.4731

I clearly pointed out the strategy we were going with. If anyone objected then they could have right there. Yet all players agreed and so we started. You can complete it any way you want but at high lvls killing all chanters will cost you more time. Since the posts on here are all about getting it done as soon as possible your argument is moot.

(edited by zerotwo.4731)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I melee bloomhunger even if every1 else in the pug group ranges because im cool as kitten. One time they all wiped while ranging and i had to solo to finish him off. :/

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

I melee bloomhunger even if every1 else in the pug group ranges because im cool as kitten. One time they all wiped while ranging and i had to solo to finish him off. :/

/THIS
delete the “cool as kitten” part and replace “One time” with “Many times”

[rT]

zerotwo.4731

I never die on range. Stand by the tree, stagger back and forth and take out spirits. LOL, just realized that sounds like a drunk standing in the park but it allows for range and easy kill. If we tank we just circle the hungers butt or stack for buffs from guards. Obviously in this case the group I was in did not want to melee. As for the Anet dude, he just failed at it and I wasn’t going to waste time rezing or downing others to get him.

(edited by zerotwo.4731)

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

So what if he cleared one side, the arm seals can be done just fine 48+ if you know what you’re doing. I’ve had people just zone out and killed it and finished it no problem. It’s harder for sure but not a big deal.

zerotwo.4731

Forestgreen, you assume too much. You can’t play a pug group and think that everyone will know what to do. That is why I EXPLAINED everything first. Granted at 48 you would think everyone would know…..

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

As stated before since you didn’t care to read it. Trolling as usual. It was a pug group and he was a ranger. Guild runs are different.

lol @ you not meleeing him in a pug

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

not sure if troll shielding…

…But I agree 100% with Byron, you can’t trust anything anyone says on these forums just b/c so few of the most vocal “Pros” ever volunteer or even RUN in pugs. They conveniently have their little private groups that maybe 1 or 2 of them ever puts out a video of which is always heavily edited as well….

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

not sure if troll shielding…

…But I agree 100% with Byron, you can’t trust anything anyone says on these forums just b/c so few of the most vocal “Pros” ever volunteer or even RUN in pugs. They conveniently have their little private groups that maybe 1 or 2 of them ever puts out a video of which is always heavily edited as well….

The people i use to run dungeons and fractals with have pretty much quit or gone inactive. So im forced to pug. Alot of pugs will be open to doing proper tactics if you explain to them beforehand. Sometimes its just not worth the effort though.