Fractaling with an Anet employee

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

not sure if troll shielding…

…But I agree 100% with Byron, you can’t trust anything anyone says on these forums just b/c so few of the most vocal “Pros” ever volunteer or even RUN in pugs. They conveniently have their little private groups that maybe 1 or 2 of them ever puts out a video of which is always heavily edited as well….

Yep, and seeing how often some of these guys show clear lack of understanding game/boss mechanics. Of course that is understandable but at least people shouldn’t behave like “know-it-all”.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

…But I agree 100% with Byron, you can’t trust anything anyone says on these forums just b/c so few of the most vocal “Pros” ever volunteer or even RUN in pugs. They conveniently have their little private groups that maybe 1 or 2 of them ever puts out a video of which is always heavily edited as well….

I have no idea what I’m doing. I just accidentally a whole Alpha.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I wonder if he was testing the chanters bug? Everyone knows this fractal is screwed if you A) kill that chanter or B) party wipes ANYWHERE before arm seals. Yet, those bugs should have been fixed. It was announced as fixed in a patch but it wasn’t. It’s worse now, in fact. Just a thought

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

Just throwing this out there but not every anet employee is a game dev. Could have been an artist or accountant or the guy who refills the coffee machine in the canteen. Bit unfair to hold them to a better understanding of the game when you dont know who they are.

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Why would anyone pug if they didnt have to? Masochism?

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

Why would anyone pug if they didnt have to? Masochism?

For me it’s actually having to put some effort to get things done. Then again maybe that can be defined masochistic

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

because this is a mmorpg ?
you are supposed to pug ._.
If you cant pug there is a huge flaw in design.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

maybe 1 or 2 of them ever puts out a video of which is always heavily edited as well….

I haven’t seen any heavily edited videos, am I missing out on anything?

In all seriousness, I think in most cases a lot of groups don’t bother to upload videos because they often don’t show much that a DnT video hasn’t already shown. Maybe when Dub gets back, we can put up some DS Arah videos, if you’d like that

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

/brain asplode

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

You don’t have to pug but even with 500+ members at the time I could only get 1 to join me. I was thinking that it was possible that he could have been testing out the issues with cliffside. It’s not like he could have reached that point on his own………SHHHH Pullnionter, no comments from the L337 peanut gallery.

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

I melee bloomhunger even if every1 else in the pug group ranges because im cool as kitten. One time they all wiped while ranging and i had to solo to finish him off. :/

Haha, exactly other way around here.
Guardian and ranger tried to stay meleeish boasting out the walls were not needed.. (it was a lvl 40ish).
They.. both died miserably.. Me (ele) and mesmer been calling our walls and killed him on our own.
Was last time i played any fractal with them.. Oh man, the irony
But yeah, melee is viable, depends what kind of team you have/classes and coordinations among parts.

For the rest I agree with Byron too here, he had some point but obviously haters gonna hate

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

The problem w/ pug is not about explaining what to do but explaining the same darn things over & over again when you run w/ different pug at different time on the same path. Then depending how thick one’s skull is, some day some one will decide that it’s just plainly stupid to keep doing so, so they will start getting their own cozy private friendly group.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: Xystus.3241

Xystus.3241

The guy also tried to melee Bloomhunger…….. We picked him up after we killed it.

o_O; Do people not melee Bloomhunger? I find him a bit easier to fight in melee range.

I melee all the time.

Xyssi – Asura Guardian
Xystus Furtim – Human Theif
Server: Stormbluff Ilse

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Ya! Why have content that sets standards on player skill? What up with that? This isn’t Hello Kitty Sunshine World, this is pugwars2!

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Ya! Why have content that sets standards on player skill? What up with that? This isn’t Hello Kitty Sunshine World, this is pugwars2!

Idk why but I just thought of two guys aggressively throwing pug dogs at each other and screaming.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

lol ok

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Every time I see the title of this post I think bad thoughts. I guess that is the level that I am at.

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

Bloomhunger is really annoying to melee. There’s good chance that some circles won’t even appear (at least if everyone melees).

If you stay behind it this won’t happen. I have my groups just run frantically to get behind it the whole time and we don’t have a problem doing full melee.

Can’t you pretty much tank one hit on level 48?
Anyways I don’t know if he does more projectiles at higher levels but I will next time try stay directly behind him.

You can’t tank it at 48. I don’t think there are more either but I don’t do below 48. I’ve done the fight a lot and never get hit like that if I stay behind it. You can see what happened to people in front of it and me behind it and the damage it does at 48 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GirF3psJMU

Wethospu.6437

2 Guardians probably help with that. Anyways is there a reason why your Warriors put banners out of range?

obal.3218

2 Guardians probably help with that. Anyways is there a reason why your Warriors put banners out of range?

You don’t really have to dodge anything other than the aoe if you have 2 guards chaining wall/shield well so yeah it helps. I usually just waste my dodges when I play guard to get behind it since I don’t need them for much other than the aoe. I’m not sure why they put the banners that far out. Blame it on the Ranger.

LordByron.8369

being able to play with PuG requires skills.

Or people can just go with their usual party and clear content with the usual routine of skills that turns anything as easy as cof1

And i can accept it unless i see some of the same complaining about content being too easy when they trivialize it any way possible……

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Wethospu.6437

You don’t really have to dodge anything other than the aoe if you have 2 guards chaining wall/shield well so yeah it helps. I usually just waste my dodges when I play guard to get behind it since I don’t need them for much other than the aoe. I’m not sure why they put the banners that far out. Blame it on the Ranger.

My brain was still partially sleeping so my post probably didn’t make much sense.

I’m just wondering would you even notice getting hit with that much Aegis if there’s no circle?
Thing is, I need some credibility when something goes against my own personal experience, and those banners aren’t helping.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Or people can just go with their usual party and clear content with the usual routine of skills that turns anything as easy as cof1

And i can accept it unless i see some of the same complaining about content being too easy when they trivialize it any way possible……

lol

Oceanic [LOD]

obal.3218

My brain was still partially sleeping so my post probably didn’t make much sense.

I’m just wondering would you even notice getting hit with that much Aegis if there’s no circle?
Thing is, I need some credibility when something goes against my own personal experience, and those banners aren’t helping.

Oh. Yeah I’m very mindful on my aegis during that fight. I’ve never seen it go down before at the aoe unless I’m not behind him or I miss the dodge. I always watch for it to go down and put up another because of that poison attack usually goes after me and it might not get reflected and I can prevent a lot of damage to the group by tanking it with aegis. I did 48 nearly every day for 3 months and we always do swamp first so I’ve had a good sample. You can watch the other one I have as a guardian point of view and see the same. I wouldn’t get hung up on the banners. People make mistakes and we weren’t going for records or anything. It just showed how people standing in front go down while I don’t when I’m in the back.

(edited by obal.3218)

Wethospu.6437

It still is just level 48 and on that video there was a circle and anti-projectile skill. If you compare that to my problem which is level 71, no circle and no anti-projectile skill there’s some differences.
Anyways I will record future runs and see if/when that happens.

And no offense, but I really see it as a beginner mistake if you have banner out of range against a non-moving enemy.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

It still is just level 48 and on that video there was a circle and anti-projectile skill. If you compare that to my problem which is level 71, no circle and no anti-projectile skill there’s some differences.
Anyways I will record future runs and see if/when that happens.

They remove (certain?) AoE circles at that level? That seems really… odd? I think?

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Wethospu.6437

Just like with Lupicus, too many circles and game engine just stops drawing them. It is quite similar attack and if amount of projectiles scales with level (doesn’t even have to be much) that might happen.
I don’t recall having this issue on lower levels.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

You can’t tank it at 48. I don’t think there are more either but I don’t do below 48. I’ve done the fight a lot and never get hit like that if I stay behind it. You can see what happened to people in front of it and me behind it and the damage it does at 48 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GirF3psJMU

Then why did you and the norn guardian dodge at 0:13?

zerotwo.4731

Just like with Lupicus, too many circles and game engine just stops drawing them. It is quite similar attack and if amount of projectiles scales with level (doesn’t even have to be much) that might happen.

That can’t be right. Look at all the circles dropped on the TA worm boss. Easily 50 or more. Perhaps its the type of attack that follows since the worms attack is instant poison and bloomhungers are the space that an attack will land.

LordByron.8369

i think it has more to do with the fact you see the aoe where projectile lands but the same projectile can hit also during his flight.

It was extremenly clear in AR where you could get hit by the cannon guy even way out of the aoe. if you were in trajectory.

Same happens with lupicus for sure.

And possibly with AR cannons either.

GW2 balance:

Wethospu.6437

That can’t be right. Look at all the circles dropped on the TA worm boss. Easily 50 or more. Perhaps its the type of attack that follows since the worms attack is instant poison and bloomhungers are the space that an attack will land.

With wurms, circles seem to appear when attacks hit ground so it’s not exactly same.

You are free to watch this http://youtu.be/eMnT_T5mAFQ and judge by yourself.

LordByron.8369

look at what happens first 5 seconds

2 circles appears behind the thief
just one arrives on target while the other hit the thief on his way even if thief is not in the aoe.

GW2 balance:

haviz.1340

look at what happens first 5 seconds

2 circles appears behind the thief
just one arrives on target while the other hit the thief on his way even if thief is not in the aoe.

It’s a ranger.

zerotwo.4731

That attack needs to be better highlighted and remove the circles since if your in its path your hit anyway. The aoe circles just make it more confusing.

SkyChef.5432

And no offense, but I really see it as a beginner mistake if you have banner out of range against a non-moving enemy.

Obal also hang around with in game idiots like me to record things only in game idiots can do. Tell you the truth that I spent more time to make my characters looks prettier than to find out how far the range of the banner would extend. Once in awhile, I made some posts to fool you guys into thinking that I know something about the game, but actually I’m pretty much a lemming. My brain runs in auto mode when I play GW2 and that’s awesome. A game to play w/o really thinking and pay attention to details. At the expense of some fancy silvers & coppers.
Would I put a banner again out of reach the next time? Guaranteed it will happen once in a while again, whether Obal invited me for the next run or not. But I guaranteed you this. If GW2 shows me a way I could made $75/hr (I might or might not make that much $/hr in real life), I would pay extremely more attention to those little things.
So relax Weth, don’t get hang up on those little small things. We all know you are expert in this game and having a group of experts to record things as perfect as it could be. I’m just happy to pay more attention at something else at the expense of being called newbie in GW2.
Edited: I’m the prettiest blondie warrior in the recording. I don’t think she died once this time.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Back to the original topic, I just don’t understand why the anet staff doesn’t just turn to a few of the best players in all professions + game modes. It would only make sense.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

SkyChef.5432

Back to the original topic, I just don’t understand why the anet staff doesn’t just turn to a few of the best players in all professions + game modes. It would only make sense.

Playing a game to the best demands a lot dedications. Anet empolyees might have a head start but the bulk of expertise still demands a lot hours dedicated to playing the game. They better off to offer the known experts a job than to promote from within.

Wethospu.6437

I think he meant that devs should ask us what’s needed.

Obal also hang around with in game idiots like me to record things only in game idiots can do. Tell you the truth that I spent more time to make my characters looks prettier than to find out how far the range of the banner would extend. Once in awhile, I made some posts to fool you guys into thinking that I know something about the game, but actually I’m pretty much a lemming. My brain runs in auto mode when I play GW2 and that’s awesome. A game to play w/o really thinking and pay attention to details. At the expense of some fancy silvers & coppers.
Would I put a banner again out of reach the next time? Guaranteed it will happen once in a while again, whether Obal invited me for the next run or not. But I guaranteed you this. If GW2 shows me a way I could made $75/hr (I might or might not make that much $/hr in real life), I would pay extremely more attention to those little things.
So relax Weth, don’t get hang up on those little small things. We all know you are expert in this game and having a group of experts to record things as perfect as it could be. I’m just happy to pay more attention at something else at the expense of being called newbie in GW2.
Edited: I’m the prettiest blondie warrior in the recording. I don’t think she died once this time.

As I said, no offense. I tried to put it as nicely as possible to avoid conversation like this. My only point was that I need credibility to change my mind and basic mistakes aren’t helping.

zerotwo.4731

Playing a game to the best demands a lot dedications. Anet empolyees might have a head start but the bulk of expertise still demands a lot hours dedicated to playing the game. They better off to offer the known experts a job than to promote from within.

Or give us a place to upload vids to show bugs and have a team dedicated to fixing the known issues in a timely manner. 0.o Since I think players are already doing this its the delay from Anet that becomes the issue. If the employee was in our group for testing why not suggest that we help with it instead of putting us in a position where it would be difficult to recover. I actually think the player was just playing the game and that was all. MHO, they should drop the Anet tags and stay hidden.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Oh this had me rolling at work, man.

And if people are worrying about unnecessary dodges, I hope they never watch me in Obal’s videos. I’m all over the place…

Retired. Too many casuals.

obal.3218

Then why did you and the norn guardian dodge at 0:13?

He was in a red circle as was I. I used sword 3 to evade it and he dodged to evade it. The guardian reflects are about as good as they are at lupi phase 2 aoe as they are for bloomhunger aoe so you still need to dodge them. The reflects are useful for his poison attack and ground pound though and are what make the fight easy as long as you stay behind him and dodge red circles.

haviz.1340

He was in a red circle as was I. I used sword 3 to evade it and he dodged to evade it. The guardian reflects are about as good as they are at lupi phase 2 aoe as they are for bloomhunger aoe so you still need to dodge them. The reflects are useful for his poison attack and ground pound though and are what make the fight easy as long as you stay behind him and dodge red circles.

Weren’t you saying that if you stay behind him you wouldn’t have to dodge his agony?

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Weren’t you saying that if you stay behind him you wouldn’t have to dodge his agony?

It makes it easier to dodge. There aren’t as many red circles for whatever reason.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

obal.3218

Weth said it was annoying since he doesn’t even see the circles and that happens when you are in front of him. I said if you stay behind him it’s not an issue. The red circles will appear all the time if your behind him and will give you a chance to dodge. I said that is the only thing you really need to dodge if you can keep up reflects for the other attacks which makes the fight easy. Give it a shot.

haviz.1340

Weth said it was annoying since he doesn’t even see the circles and that happens when you are in front of him. I said if you stay behind him it’s not an issue. The red circles will appear all the time if your behind him and will give you a chance to dodge. I said that is the only thing you really need to dodge if you can keep up reflects for the other attacks which makes the fight easy. Give it a shot.

They still don’t appear all the time at higher levels. If we get him next time, I guess he could record.

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

lol