Fractals 11 - Loot error please FIX

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

So from Tier 10 to 11 you get a bonus, 25 fractals and an Ascended ring, well 2 of our party got ring, 2 other didn’t get it, a bag of gold instead.

Name: Rurik’s Royal Signet

http://i.imgur.com/qbEZP.jpg

Now are you telling me it’s random to get the ring instead of a bag of gold or this is a mistake? Anyway we can get it again?

Besides, we needed to 4 man last boss in fractal 10, due Volcano video from start getting stuck our friend.

Info: They got 25 tokens, 1 bag of gold, and this ring. We got the same but without the ring, is suppose to have RNG the bonus? – Same party all of us, just in case check screenshot.

(edited by Alur.7510)

Posted by: fuzionstar.6175

fuzionstar.6175

And since my game froze and crashed right before we faced the boss , I didn’t get anything.
And since I’m on a different server, I couldn’t just go in again.

Posted by: Murksler.5261

Murksler.5261

Same here, games freezed at the endboss.
After 2 hours of playing trough lvl 10 I finaly get no reward.

Posted by: Dairdel.2849

Dairdel.2849

After completing fractal 10 and getting the daily chest, only two people in our party got the ring also.

http://i.imgur.com/EX04q.jpg

Alur.7510

It’s really frustrating, we don’t know if to continue or not, cause we don’t wanna miss drops that are bugged or get logged off cause of an error from a video at the level of tiers we are.

(edited by Alur.7510)

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Whole team got ring. I got a bag of gold.

I love FotM but this is just frustrating, since I’m practically blocked from progressing any further until I get lucky and get a ring on my daily…

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Posted by: Vanguardian.4921

Vanguardian.4921

Gab , you’re pissed? I got dc’d before i even got the chance ^^. lol

Gab Superstar.4059

Well at least you can still hope for one when you do it, I know I’m not gonna get one even if I do T10, if I even get one ever.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Posted by: Vanguardian.4921

Vanguardian.4921

I’m sure they wouldn’t make it a one time chance. that wouldn’t make sense in any way.

Posted by: Pinch.4273

Pinch.4273

It’s not a bug. The daily dungeon reward has a chance at giving you a ring. At difficulty 20+, you can get a ring with an infusion slot. There are probably even more reliable ways to get them at higher difficulties, but I don’t know because I’m only just past 20.

Gab Superstar.4059

It’s not a bug. The daily dungeon reward has a chance at giving you a ring. At difficulty 20+, you can get a ring with an infusion slot. There are probably even more reliable ways to get them at higher difficulties, but I don’t know because I’m only just past 20.

No.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Fractal-bonus-item/first#post765390

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Posted by: Pinch.4273

Pinch.4273

That was a different issue. I can guarantee that they don’t want you getting a ring every day.

Posted by: Blackie.8762

Blackie.8762

is it confirmed that the guarantee ring is intended? If so I would like compensation because no one in my group got it. We finished the run at about 3:00 Am EST if that helps at all to search records.

Posted by: Azgorath.9257

Azgorath.9257

cleared lvl 10 i got ring and another guy too 3 other got relic and bag of gold

Alur.7510

That was a different issue. I can guarantee that they don’t want you getting a ring every day.

Funny thing is, this IS NOT a daily, it says :

Fractal Bonus! – as a prompt like a daily, BUT I already got my daily that day.

This was from going to tier 10 to 11 when agony already kicks in, and I don’t think this is intended to work like that, and more likely to give a ring to everyone from going to a higher difficulty, if not, if there’s RNG related this is just the worse I’ve seen then, hopefully and having some faith in the Devs and that this is a mistake.

Posted by: Scykron.7435

Scykron.7435

It is hard to continue with Level 11+, if 2 of your party members didnt got the ring.
And I would really appreciate if they fix this issue fast,
because I really enjoy the dungeon and would like to reach higher levels.

Alur.7510

Scykron.7435 +1

This being said some say is daily, some others not, I just hope this is not a daily with RNG, cause that’s a disaster, you can get no ring in 10 days, and someone get 10 of them in a row, and that’s BS.

(edited by Alur.7510)

Posted by: pchow.1956

pchow.1956

considering it’s a chest reward thats different each day im pretty sure its rng. 3 people in group got rings 2 didnt.

Alur.7510

pchow.1956 I got a friend that from 5 in party, noone got a ring… but it was not from the big chest, it was from the chest that prompts in the side, like if it was a daily, but the name was as I stated already:

Fractal Bonus

But I didn’t see if the daily has the same name, hope this is not a daily with RNG…

Posted by: ehtom.5047

ehtom.5047

Can we get a confirmation that this is/isnt a bug?

My group really wants to complete 10 but we dont want to go if guaranteed ascended items are bugged.

Posted by: Asagi.1405

Asagi.1405

Was just in a party that completed 10. NOBODY got an ascendant ring.

Is it intended for us to progress through blind luck?
Or is this a bug? Either way, I am not impressed.

Alur.7510

Asagi.1405 Let’s wait and see if William can confirm, I think Robert is off on the weekend.

Asagi.1405

Asagi.1405 Let’s wait and see if William can confirm, I think Robert is off on the weekend.

My point is it’s unacceptable either way.

If it’s a bug, then it’s shameful that something that screws players over so badly was put into the live build.
If it’s intended, then basically we the players are expected to brute force our way through agony, or remain stuck at an arbitrary level until the random loot genie decides to favour us with the means to resist it. This is, frankly, APPALLING design.

Alur.7510

Asagi.1405 Biggest problem I hate with it you know what is it?

10 days of “daily” someone can get 10 rings, you or me can get 0, if it’s a 1 time reward, most likely we lost it since they don’t give back anything you lose.

So let’s have a bit of faith.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I assume the ring is an rng drop. The only thing guaranteed out of the chest is supposed to be the fractal relics. Everything other then that is a random roll that gives increasing chance for better items as you get to higher levels.

You can also repeat levels as often as you like. So you can go back and do level 10 over and over until the ring drops for you. This kind of loot system is pretty common in MMO’s.

edit also if it’s true that is doesn’t have an infusion slot then you can just keep going. the extra 10 stat points really aren’t going to make or break anyone.

(edited by ZudetGambeous.9573)

Gab Superstar.4059

I assume the ring is an rng drop. The only thing guaranteed out of the chest is supposed to be the fractal relics. Everything other then that is a random roll that gives increasing chance for better items as you get to higher levels.

You can also repeat levels as often as you like. So you can go back and do level 10 over and over until the ring drops for you. This kind of loot system is pretty common in MMO’s.

Then why has a dev stated that it’s a bug that will be patched?

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Asagi.1405

This is exactly the kind of thing that makes every MMO on the market exactly the same, and what GW2 avoided up until now.

With the old system, there was logical progression, an the feeling that you were always getting closer to your goal as you accumilated tokens.
Facegrinding dungeons for a chance that maybe the gear you want may drop is NOT something I want to see in this game.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

The RNG has been really “fun” so far. With about same runs all my friends have 2-5 vials while I’m still at zero. Though I got one Molten Core and few Glacier Cores while they get all kind of Lodestones.
RNG is RNG but would hate get blocked because of it.

Asagi.1405

The RNG has been really “fun” so far. With about same runs all my friends have 2-5 vials while I’m still at zero. Though I got one Molten Core and few Glacier Cores while they get all kind of Lodestones.

Here is the biggest problem. Pretty soon people will want to tackle 15-20 Fractals, and those of us unfavoured by the loot genie (or, perhaps, screwed over by bugs) will be left behind.
Guilds are not the universal panacea to this problem. Even the best guild of the friendliest, most understanding, pro players won’t wait forever for someone t catch up.

This is even WORSE than a gear treadmill, for in any given WoW raid it is more likely that someone will get an upgrade and become more useful to the team.
Here, it’s gated content entirely determined by luck.

Posted by: Daisai.5879

Daisai.5879

Same here, completed lvl 10 with 4 players however only 1 person got a ascended ring.
A fix and a ascended ring ( which players should get ) would be a good way to fix this.

Asagi.1405

This would be easily fixed by adding ascended rings to the token vendor, for say 250-300 tokens, with more gear for higher prices later on.

Alur.7510

Here is the biggest problem. Pretty soon people will want to tackle 15-20 Fractals, and those of us unfavoured by the loot genie (or, perhaps, screwed over by bugs) will be left behind.
Guilds are not the universal panacea to this problem. Even the best guild of the friendliest, most understanding, pro players won’t wait forever for someone t catch up.

This is even WORSE than a gear treadmill, for in any given WoW raid it is more likely that someone will get an upgrade and become more useful to the team.
Here, it’s gated content entirely determined by luck.

Hope someone answers soon.

Alur.7510

So no information about this? It’s really unclear if it’s working as intended or not.

Posted by: Obsolete.5196

Obsolete.5196

Just finished Fractal.10 about an hr ago. Didn’t get an Ascended Ring, just 25 relics and a bag of gold. The rest of my party got their rings…

Asuran Mesmer – Lv 80 – 400TLR
Faith Gaming Community [FGC] ~ Mail me if you wish to join.

Asagi.1405

The gear treadmill and random loot often creates a system of haves and have nots eventually.
But congratulations Arenanet, you have managed to do this within TWO DAYS of releasing the new dungeon. That must be some kind of record.

Posted by: Dookies.2718

Dookies.2718

I would like to know if the ring is RNG or a garunteed drop that is bugged. Higher fractals are painful without agony res

Posted by: ehtom.5047

ehtom.5047

Is it confirmed anywhere if this is a bug or not yet?

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

My theory is that if you leveled up to 10 and and on the way got your daily bonus – it glitches up getting the level 10-11 ascended ring bonus.

I’m so convinced that this is the case that I’m holding off my lvl 10 run until tomorrow (as I already got the daily bonus today) we’ll see what happens..

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

Asagi.1405

Nope, that’s false. I had completed my daily already when I did lvl 10. No ring.

Azelroth.6801

Nope, that’s false. I had completed my daily already when I did lvl 10. No ring.

In the very same day before any daily resets?

Asagi.1405

In the very same day before any daily resets?

Yes.

Azelroth.6801

Yes.

Can you please clarify what you mean? Because what my theory is; if you get your daily bonus and try for the level 10-11 ascended ring in the same day you won’t get it (due to the glitch/bug)

(edited by Azelroth.6801)

Gab Superstar.4059

Yes.

Can you please clarify what you mean? Because what my theory is; if you get your daily bonus and try for the level 10-11 ascended ring in the same day you won’t get it (due to the glitch/bug)

Did tier 10 immediately after reset today. Got the bonus chest and a bag of gold (again >.<)

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Asagi.1405

Yes.

Did tier 10 immediately after reset today. Got the bonus chest and a bag of gold (again >.<)

Same here. That’s two times now.
I can’t believe this. I’m supposed to be stuck facegrinding level 10 while the lucky others shoot ahead of me?

What, Arenanet? Do you expect my guild and friends to carry me? Do you expect them to do 10 with me while they can do 15+? Do you expect them to tolerate someone who dies repeatedly in every fight?
Do you expect me to just do random pugs till I get it?

Then hell with THAT! This is a level of sheer incompetence beyond what I’d normally expect from you, and believe me I’ve come to expect a lot.

Posted by: Cacare.1382

Cacare.1382

Fractal 16 at the moment, been running the same group from level 1, the same 3 members have gotten rings, but a friend and I still get our gold bags + bonus relics.

Luckily we have the backpacks because we can afford them, cause I don’t know how bad this agony will get without more resistance ;/

Asagi.1405

Haven’t gotten a vial either (because that’s a random drop), and can’t afford the mats even if I did.
Who the hell thought this was a good idea?

Azelroth.6801

Ok well it definately throws my theory out of window then.

I guess this isn’t working as intended (possibly a bug) and I’m sure Anet will fix it so that each tier awards the proper progressive loot.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

53 fractals done, still no vials. Looks like I won’t be crafting anything in near future.

Posted by: Quietlife.4036

Quietlife.4036

What we need is confirmation from someone who works at Arenanet on whether or not this is indeed bugged or intended as is.

Does the ring show up at the daily bonus reward or the chest reward? Could one theoretically grind 10-11 all day just for the ring or once at day because the ring is only part of the daily bonus?

Posted by: Monkeyy.2709

Monkeyy.2709

It’s confirmed to be a bug – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Fractal-bonus-item/first#post765390

I think they should be concentrating on patching this IMMEDIATELY.

And just to throw some more info into the pot – I got 20 relics and 20 relics from the chest my first time instead of 20 and a bag of gold.

I consistently seem to be staying head on total relics and it annoys my team.