Fractals 11 - Loot error please FIX

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Asagi.1405

Asagi.1405

I’ve gotten relics every time. The problem is the rings.
The hell with relics anyway, they’re useless.

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

I’ve gotten relics every time. The problem is the rings.
The hell with relics anyway, they’re useless.

Funny thing, 2 of 5 of us already got 2 rings, the 3 of us anything, and you know what? Agony is only hitting them for a hundreds damage and not thousands like us, and yestrdays Devs were around and noone answered our question which is quite simple:

Are they RNG based, is it bugged, or intended, or what exactly? We are frustrated since we don’t know if to do dailys or not just in case is bugged and just working for certain people.

Asagi.1405

I made another topic specifically to get their attention and still nothing.
Yeah I guess a problem that can completely halt all progress for people is just so trivial.

Alur.7510

Asagi.1405 I’ve seen it.. amazing.

Posted by: Sefer.9618

Sefer.9618

5 People in, beating level 10. Zero Rings (for none of us)

I’m sad. Going to sleep now.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Didn’t get ring. got pissed and crafted backpack (finally one vial after 70+ fractals).

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

53 fractals done, still no vials. Looks like I won’t be crafting anything in near future.

I’ve gotten 3 vials so far. Make sure you’re manually looting corpses because there was 2 corpses I almost couldn’t be bothered looting and they were the ones with the vials lol

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

Posted by: William Fairfield.1428

William Fairfield.1428

Game Designer

This is not a bug. This is a random drop from the daily rewards. The vials also have a chance to randomly drop from every creature in the zones.

So as Azelroth suggested.. Loot everything!

Posted by: Rayzor.2548

Rayzor.2548

This is not a bug. This is a random drop from the daily rewards. The vials also have a chance to randomly drop from every creature in the zones.

Are you kidding me?
Do you realise how insanely idiotic it is to make a piece of gear a requirement to progress and then make it RANDOM?

Even Blizzard in all their years of gear treadmilling have never stooped this low.
In one patch we’ve gone from logical progression and steady rewards for our work to RNG based content gating!

I am disgusted with this, and ashamed that I have contributed money towards your paycheck.

Do you realize that you don’t need that ring at all, don’t you?

Asagi.1405

Are you kidding me?
Do you realise how insanely idiotic it is to make a piece of gear a requirement to progress and then make it RANDOM?

Even Blizzard in all their years of gear treadmilling have never stooped this low.
In one patch we’ve gone from logical progression and steady rewards for our work to RNG based content gating!

I am disgusted with this, and ashamed that I have contributed money towards your paycheck.

Well let’s see. I person with the back and ring is taking agony ticks for 150, I’m taking them for 1.3k and it almost kills me on some fights like Jade Maw 14.
Any further and it likely will kill me. So yes, I very obviously do need it.

Posted by: Krimpton.4879

Krimpton.4879

Are you kidding me?

Well let’s see. I person with the back and ring is taking agony ticks for 150, I’m taking them for 1.3k and it almost kills me on some fights like Jade Maw 14.

QQ some more because you are too ELITE and in too much of a hurry to rush content that you can’t hang around and loot everything..
When i got there i loot everything and have tons of decent drops from there already.
So like i say stop being in so much of a rush and you wont miss stuff. ;p

Posted by: Rayzor.2548

Rayzor.2548

Are you kidding me?

Well, you can dodge it. Even in Jade Maw, it is pretty hard but is dodgeable, so in that sense doesn’t matter the gear you have. And if you are already in level 14, what’s the problem? Eventually you will get your ring, is not like it has a 0,001% chance to drop, I am still in level 11 and didn’t get it, but 3 members of our party got it.

In the other hand, they confirmed that in future patches, the ascended gear could be acquired in other ways, like WvW.

Posted by: ehtom.5047

ehtom.5047

Thanks for the letting us know what the situation is. I was sure it was a bug before :P

@Asagi: I don’t think its too bad. Presumably 14 has a pretty high chance to drop a ring? Sounds like you have been rather unlucky.

Asagi.1405

Since you’re level 11 you don’t know what you’re talking about, do you?

“Eventually” is not the point. The point is I’m forced to facegrind lower levels till I get it, and this is supposed to be against Arenanet’s design philosophy.
Even if I eventually get a ring, what if it doesn’t have the stats I desire? THIS IS WHY THE TOKEN SYSTEM WAS INTRODUCED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

And what kind of reasoning is “I’m at 14 so there’s no problem”.
a) I want to progress higher, without a ring I will likely not be able to.
b) It’s been very painful to play 11 to 14 as it is with no agony resistance, one mistake (I make mistakes, you make mistakes, everybody makes mistakes, don’t pretend we don’t) and I drop dead. This isn’t counting the fights where agony damage is pretty much inevitable. It’s becoming VERY noticable.

Thanks for the letting us know what the situation is. I was sure it was a bug before :P

@Asagi: I don’t think its too bad. Presumably 14 has a pretty high chance to drop a ring? Sounds like you have been rather unlucky.

Luck was never a factor in GW2 dungeons before. Why must it be now?
Why has logical progression and reward for effort been replaced with facegrinding?

Oh and by the way, I’ve looted every kitten mob I’ve killed. Still no vials.
Don’t patronise us, William of Warcraft. Your progression through random loot system is broken by definition.

Are you kidding me?

QQ some more because you are too ELITE and in too much of a hurry to rush content that you can’t hang around and loot everything..
When i got there i loot everything and have tons of decent drops from there already.
So like i say stop being in so much of a rush and you wont miss stuff. ;p

Stop assuming. You know what that makes you. As I’ve said, I don’t rush. I loot every mob. Not. One. Vial.

(edited by Asagi.1405)

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

Ok I did 10-11 today and I didn’t get the ring either. But thanks for confirming that it’s a random daily reward.

I wonder what the drop rate is like on them though because I can see Agony being a real pain in the butt at level 14!

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

Daily rewards? What did you mean by that? Also how many times can i loot that level 10 jade maw chest? Can i repeat infinitely or is it a one time?

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

I totally agree with Asagi this is kittening BS. Add the rings for freaking tokens at least.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

Alur.7510

@William Fairfield
So let the grind begin and let’s make GW2 slowy into Aion kitten the time of the player base so you can make longer the existence of PvE and players keep playing the game?

Sorry but this decision was horrible, I can pass ascended gear and that you wanna make there a treadmill without being an active treadmill with a huge difference of stats, but this is plain “kitten” – This game was ruled by tokens in instances, just to not have this, and now and item that at higher levels WE MUST have, it’s a random loot – Great let’s see how happy people gets when they see the same friend having 4 rings in a row, and the other person for over 1 week without a ring and the group needs to wait for him. (Resulting in, right now with 2 rings with infusion Agony hits you for 200 damage, meanwhile it hits me for 2500)

Have some good decisions in your team devolopers and put them for tokens, so at least we can guarantee that we can take them cause we are GOOD not cause we are LUCKY, I don’t wanna play the Fractal Mystic Forge at higher levels like this.

EDIT: I thought this was against Areanet philosophy, RNG for items you need to progress into a new mechanic of the game.

(edited by Alur.7510)

Posted by: jque.6940

jque.6940

That is terrible, I was hoping this was a bug, I have done the daily at scale 10 four times so far and not gotten a ring. I was really enjoying this content the difficulty was nice and progressively harder and I don’t mind that idea of progression however I am not into the idea of progressing at the rate of an RNG.

What happens after scale 20 when the rings are really required and I am still waiting on an RNG to spit it out for me? Am I then forced to grind out once a day content I can beat with no problem in order to continue playing challenging content with my friends someday?

For all the people that are advocating grinding it out why? The fun part is making it to the next step of challenging content and testing yourself against it. Right now I am at a scale I know I can beat progressing until I cannot but if the reason I cannot progress is because I was not favored with the RNG and not because I wasn’t skilled enough that defeats the purpose and spirit I thought the game was based around. I will simply stop doing the dungeon something that I was enjoying.

Alur.7510

That is terrible, I was hoping this was a bug, I have done the daily at scale 10 four times so far and not gotten a ring. I was really enjoying this content the difficulty was nice and progressively harder and I don’t mind that idea of progression however I am not into the idea of progressing at the rate of an RNG.

What happens after scale 20 when the rings are really required and I am still waiting on an RNG to spit it out for me? Am I then forced to grind out once a day content I can beat with no problem in order to continue playing challenging content with my friends someday?

For all the people that are advocating grinding it out why? The fun part is making it to the next step of challenging content and testing yourself against it. Right now I am at a scale I know I can beat progressing until I cannot but if the reason I cannot progress is because I was not favored with the RNG and not because I wasn’t skilled enough that defeats the purpose and spirit I thought the game was based around. I will simply stop doing the dungeon something that I was enjoying.

Exactly the same as I said before, even more people starts to notice already.

Posted by: GreenSage.3256

GreenSage.3256

What do you need agony resistance for?

FotM.

What do you not need agony resistance for; everything else.

No one has to “facegrind” everything. If you are a grinder, you will grind everywhere you can, including FotM and you will be happy. You will want your ring and backpiece ASAP and will grind for them and be happy.

If you are not a grinder, then literally just keep playing as you have been and I guarantee everything will work out just fine. If you are truly this kind of player, then you are just playing for the challenge and shouldn’t really care whether you get your ring this week or the next.

If you’re a troll and you want this game to be Skyrim, LoL, and WoW 2.0 all in one then you are just going to be disappointed.

Game is not perfect, but an instanced grind/challenge hybrid that offers something for everyone and keeps the hardcore grind out of the main world is a pretty decent idea.

Whatever, I’m just pumped that I got my 2nd 80 today and 2g from dungeons. Should I be obsessed instead with grinding ascended rings?

Borlis Pass, [WFD]
Aka: Taetous, Aithyreal, Greensage, Lemyin, Mary Jayene, Seeker Volf

Posted by: Chonkyo.2918

Chonkyo.2918

This is why RNG gate progression is stupid. If RNG doesn’t favor you, you dont get to go any further.

There needs to be another way to get the rings and backpiece, RNG drops IS NOT the way to gate content.

Posted by: Rakuza.1563

Rakuza.1563

I too hate RNG crap, I have kitten luck and it just makes you want to quit when everyone around you gets phat loot and in this case needed loot and you get nothing.

Alur.7510

This is why RNG gate progression is stupid. If RNG doesn’t favor you, you dont get to go any further.

There needs to be another way to get the rings and backpiece, RNG drops IS NOT the way to gate content.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/13hquv/ascended_rings_confirmed_as_rng_drop/

And here a whole topic in Reddit about it, point is clear, WE HAD tokens in the first place to not let this happen, and now you give the back to us and put something to progress as RNG (why don’t you give cool skins that doesn’t hurt anybody as a RNG chance to get them instead of a needed item?).

3 days in a row without a ring, my group can progress and take agony perfectly, I know already that I need 15 resistance to agony in lvl 20 fractals to not die from Jade Maw completly (Currently on 19th), not even down state, and what you want me to do? Lottery and wait? oh man. This just makes me feel like logging once a day, make 18 or 16 boss and see if I get a ring.

I’m so disappointed right now.

(edited by Alur.7510)

Posted by: Pinch.4273

Pinch.4273

I know already that I need 15 resistance to agony in lvl 20 fractals to not die from Jade Maw completly

You can do it with no agony resist if your group uses their skills intelligently. You need 10 and a self heal to beat downstate otherwise.

(edited by Pinch.4273)

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

It seems like arenanet is making some questionable decisions this past month. I don’t understand why the ring is a rng drop, especially when you consider these items are required to do the content at higher scales.

What is someone supposed to do if their friends get the ring while they don’t, and end up having to sit out, while their friends look for someone who has agony resistance?

I’ve been running dungeons with the same 5 people over the past 2 months, I will be very disappointed if i’ll have to wait for them to get a ring, just so we can continue to play together.

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Pretty pathetic that we have to grind tokens AND get lucky on RNG to get some agony resistance. I thought tokens were put in because RNG was “not fun”.

It’s clear you’re just padding content with a steep treadmill now.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Kevin.7281

Kevin.7281

Absolutely disappointed in this decision to make the rings RNG based. I won’t lie, I’m pretty disgusted at whoever made the design choice. It’s pretty disheartening to be the only one in your regular party group without a ring when everyone else is sporting multiple pieces.

On a side note, I’m well past level 10-11. Do I have to go back and hit up 10 for a measly chance at the daily or can I just pick any difficulty past level 10 and still get my shot at a ring during my first run of the day?

Posted by: thetreebranch.4831

thetreebranch.4831

Are you kidding me?

You must have missed Diablo 3. Inferno Act 2 was a brick wall for quite some time. AH required in 98% of cases. Refused to use the AH? Good luck…

Also, ring is not required (and its got a pretty decently high chance to drop from daily quest all things considered. You’ll probably get one within a week). In the meantime, just don’t get hit with agony.

Posted by: Skyrmion.6478

Skyrmion.6478

So our party did lvl 11 and none of us got ring, but other people i’ve talked to got it. I don’t really want to spam this level over and over just for the ring. I believe that the ring should be something to reward players who put effort in the dungen, to motivate them and help them in their future levels at higher difficulty. It should be a fixed reward instead of a drop rate T_T

[Lani] – d|d e|e Lanicera

Posted by: krumhur.3207

krumhur.3207

Hello William Fairfield,

could you please explain why you chose to go with random drops for those rings instead of adding them to the token vendor (or a 100% drop chance since they are account bound anyway)?

RNG as a “gating” mechanic doesn’t work at all in my opinion: it will tear up your party (sooner or later) and “it is unfair” (everyone is doing their job, but some people are getting rewards while others are not). it’s not a matter of rushing the content or taking it slow, it’s a matter of avoiding unfair and boring systems and aim for pure fun like in the rest of the game.
the fact that you went with a token system for all your dungeons clearly shows you agree (if not totally, at least partially) with this: thats why i dont understand this decision.

if i were asked to give my opinion on the fractals, i’d say that the idea behind them is great and the fractals are really nice (both mechanic and design wise), but the actual implementation is far from GW2 average level: you could have avoided lot of things (eg. did you really need increased stats in ascended items for the sake of progression? RNG also doesn’t make the instance any funnier than it is) and done a lot others better (eg. the difficulty mechanic makes it hard to find a group – every level is like a separate dungeon when you look for a group)

what do you really think about the fractals as a game designer and as a player?

Posted by: Chonkyo.2918

Chonkyo.2918

it will tear up your party (sooner or later) and “it is unfair” (everyone is doing their job, but some people are getting rewards while others are not).

People keep saying agony is avoidable as a reason to have it as RNG, but on the Jade Maw fight, NO it isnt. In the higher difficulties, if your party does not have agony resistance, you will all die.

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Just tried Fractal 10 again, 3 members got rings and I did not, now I have to repeat it again while they move on.

I wouldn’t be nearly as bothered by this if I could just turn in tokens for a cheap ring with 5 agony resist.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

Is this whole thing just a massive, elaborate troll?

FOTM = Flavour of the Month ?

Gear Grind, Gated Content, Random Drops required to progress?

This is all just a big April Fool, right?

RIGHT?!?!?

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

This is the main problem I have with logging in, if my game is going to be chocked full of RNG grinding, it better have kitten good combat! At least I get to have fun grinding the same dungeon over and over again in Vindictus.

Posted by: Dookies.2718

Dookies.2718

This is a real bummer. 3 tries and havent gotten a ring. I wouldnt mind time and effort to get a ring, but pure RNG is just wrong. You can put forth the same or even more effort than others yet still not get the ring hence halting your progression.

I hope arena net reconsiders

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

What do you need agony resistance for?

FotM.

What do you not need agony resistance for; everything else.

No one has to “facegrind” everything. If you are a grinder, you will grind everywhere you can, including FotM and you will be happy. You will want your ring and backpiece ASAP and will grind for them and be happy.

If you are not a grinder, then literally just keep playing as you have been and I guarantee everything will work out just fine. If you are truly this kind of player, then you are just playing for the challenge and shouldn’t really care whether you get your ring this week or the next.

If you’re a troll and you want this game to be Skyrim, LoL, and WoW 2.0 all in one then you are just going to be disappointed.

Game is not perfect, but an instanced grind/challenge hybrid that offers something for everyone and keeps the hardcore grind out of the main world is a pretty decent idea.

Whatever, I’m just pumped that I got my 2nd 80 today and 2g from dungeons. Should I be obsessed instead with grinding ascended rings?

they already said you need Infusions to protect you against future content they will add down the line.

so you either grind now, or get left behind later, just like every other mmo.

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

So, I play once a day and hope that I get a ring so I can go on.
If I don’t get one, I can just log out and wait for the next day.
Brilliant.

Posted by: Euler.3259

Euler.3259

I’m not on level 11. I’ll likely never hit level 11.
That being said, this is such a poor decision, it’s making me regret the gem purchase I made a few days ago.

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

All these posts QQ ing over the rng rings. You know why they added them as drops in the first place? Because you would QQ even harder if they didn;t.

They are basically giving you gear as drops (albeit account bound) which a similar level back pack item costs 30-75g to make unfused and a further 75g to come as the fused version. That’s basically a legendary precursor amount they are giving you – I’m sure there will be recipes to make these items that will cost the same amount. If the rings dropped that frequently nobody will make these items and then what’s the point of even having them.

Part of the reason ascended gear was added in the first place was to fill the void in acquisition seen between exotics and legendaries. One takes days the other months. This should take weeks by that logic. There are guaranteed ways to obtain backpack ascended gear and you should make one of those as there appears no other way to get it. There may well be undiscovered ring recipes too.

I doubt (but cannot confirm) that the only way to obtain the rings is as daily rewards from 10+ fractals. That being said, you do have a way of obtaining at least one item (with up to 10 agony resistance) by using gold and the forge – still needs a small element of rng on the vials.

Bottom line is this, the reason they added them as drops is so some people could continue progressing with this ‘aid’. That being said, I think they fully intended for you to use the forge to get other pieces (with the stats you want).

If you want a guaranteed ascended item and for them to remove the rng then you will need to shell out 50-150g per infused item. If you say they should cost less then that completely nullifies one of the key reason AN added ascended gear (to fill the time void between exotics and legendaries).

As such you should be grateful that for people who have less time to invest there is a way to progress. Stop expecting everything now. If you can;t wait, go make a fully infused backpack with 10+ agony resistance, that should get you to 25-30 easily. Hopefully by then there will be ring recipes out or you will have gotten an infused ring as a drop.

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

Oh noes..I have to do lower levels to help other people…what a travesty that my leetness is hampered. Blizzard was RNG all the F’n time, you get a chance to get something nice on bosses but there was never a sure thing for your class and even if it dropped there were others there who rolled for it unless you had a point system for loot. Your guild or group should have no issue running you through a couple lower dungeons to get you the ring imo..

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Oh noes..I have to do lower levels to help other people…what a travesty that my leetness is hampered. Blizzard was RNG all the F’n time, you get a chance to get something nice on bosses but there was never a sure thing for your class and even if it dropped there were others there who rolled for it unless you had a point system for loot. Your guild or group should have no issue running you through a couple lower dungeons to get you the ring imo.

Oops, for a second I thought we were playing a revolutionary MMO.
Had enough raiding, gearcheck, rng, dkp and kitten, I thought Gw2 was different…

Posted by: jque.6940

jque.6940

Oh noes..I have to do lower levels to help other people…what a travesty that my leetness is hampered. Blizzard was RNG all the F’n time, you get a chance to get something nice on bosses but there was never a sure thing for your class and even if it dropped there were others there who rolled for it unless you had a point system for loot. Your guild or group should have no issue running you through a couple lower dungeons to get you the ring imo..

No one in this thread is saying that, my guild group is totally fine running people through content to get that item however what people are saying is that isn’t fun. The point of adding challenging new content is that it puts your skills to the test and if you need agony resistance to even test your skills (which all indications are you do after 20 we will personally test that this weekend when we progress to that) then you need to grind out those lower levels for an unstated % chance at an item to continue.

Fun is what this game is about for my guild (a primarily WvW guild) but on Friday when the dungeon first rolled out we had people who haven’t enjoyed PvE in years say wow this is really fun I could totally see myself doing it. However once you reach the point where you cannot progress past that point without agony resistance or agony resistance given by the back piece. Then it just turns back to farming scale 10 every day hoping people get rings. Personally I will stop doing the content and go back to what is fun for me, PvP, and just hope they roll out ascended stats on other gear before it becomes to much of a stat separation in WvW.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I don’t understand how anyone could think this is something new and horrible. Have you not been playing the same game I have the past 3 months? MF… RNG luck… PvP Chests… RNG luck… Dungeon tokens, insane grind that even puts wow to shame. DR making everything take 10x longer.

This entire game is built from the ground up on the premise that rng is “fun” and everything should be a grind. I have no idea how some people are just noticing this now after 3 months. If that isn’t what you want in a game then GW2 certainly isn’t for you.

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

Try bringing more heal skills, and stand next to the guy in your party who did get a ring so he can get up you when you get downed. If you know anything about the class you’re playing, you’ll know there’s more than one way to heal besides your actual heal skill. Engineers have super elixir, warriors have the healing banner, etc. If you combine your AoE heals you’ll live through agony without an issue. If you can’t, it’s your own team’s fault for lack of coordination. Hell, we beat the Jade Maw on level 10 with all of us getting downed, but we didn’t wipe. Sure, 2 people died – but we rezzed them up and dodged the tentacles and killbeam until everyone was up and running, and proceeded to smack him down.

tl;dr L2P

Wethospu.6437

And what when Agony puts you to defeated state? Res orb?

@Terra: The thing is rings are dropping so frequently (maybe one third to half) that it wouldn’t make that much different if everyone got one. With current solution it isn’t lucky to get a ring but unlucky to not get a ring.
Especially when Agony Resist is so powerful.
And sure everyone is rolling with 50-150g to make Ascended stuff. People don’t want to farm their kitten off to just play the game.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Kamahl.3621

If you’re defeated, you get revived by an ally. It’s pretty kitten easy during the Jade Maw fight, given nothing can hit you but the tentacles. If you’re a class that can do it, make some allies – engineer turrets, necro minions, something to reduce the chance of the killbeam targeting you. This’ll let you rez up faster, and take the pressure off of dodging the attack.

And if you wipe? Use a checkpoint. Anet was kind enough to not reset the Jade Maw when you do wipe. Or they forgot to.

Wethospu.6437

I thought Agony targeted everyone in Jade Maw. Though I admit I don’t know if it is possible to avoid.
No idea how it scales on higher level but eventually it will simply kill everyone. Simple “L2P” probably won’t help then.

Posted by: Zerikin.1593

Zerikin.1593

RNG loot for required progression gear is a terrible design.

Kamahl.3621

I thought Agony targeted everyone in Jade Maw. Though I admit I don’t know if it is possible to avoid.
No idea how it scales on higher level but eventually it will simply kill everyone. Simple “L2P” probably won’t help then.

It does. But some classes can heal for far more than others, or some players who have less health have a heal that restores a larger % of their total (given how Agony operates, lower base health = higher overall resistance against Agony via heal). For example, as an engineer, I popped my bandage heal, and dropped 3 bandages with medkit, and also dropped vent healing mist (the elixir gun toolbelt), and a super elixir from it, and I ended up just over half health by the time the party-wide Agony had downed everyone else. 2 people died before I could get them up (to be fair they were standing beside a tentacle).

There’s multiple solutions to the problem. Spec more into healing, cluster up and use a class’ AoE heals (elementalist water skills, ranger healing spring, necro well of blood, engineer super elixirs, etcetera). Or do it so much you can actually time when to dodge the Agony cast (given there’s no animation and it’s merely a timing issue of when you kill the last Jade Colossus to when the party-wide Agony is applied, that’s the only factor there).