Fractals Colossus on scale 20+

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Nozdrum.2894

Nozdrum.2894

Q:

Hi,

Our group normaly has no problems on this scale with the exception of this fractal.
We don’t have a good strategy for the last boss, we hit him to 75%, hit the seal and then we basicly die. We get stunned, some die to agony because of the circles below you ( you can’t dodge because you are stunned ) and the ones who survive die to the mobs/archdiviner.

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

A:

He always do his projectile pulls before his light aoe. That’s when you know you will be dodging soon.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Posted by: wookalar.8952

wookalar.8952

Pull him to the room to the right. Only enter the main room to hit the hammer.

Nanuuk (80 Mes), Guardian Nuuk (80 Guard),
Warrior Nuuk (80 War)
[ALS], Anvil Rock

Nozdrum.2894

We already tried that, the problem is the white shine he sometimes does kills us then, we can’t dodge it or hide somewhere to not get hit so we die.

Posted by: wookalar.8952

wookalar.8952

You dodge when he raises hammer or get more agony resist. On scale 20-29, my 20 res is enough to not be phased by it much.

Nanuuk (80 Mes), Guardian Nuuk (80 Guard),
Warrior Nuuk (80 War)
[ALS], Anvil Rock

Posted by: OrinX.1962

OrinX.1962

He always kneels on the ground before he does the attack. You have to watch him closely.

Posted by: Rucession.1872

Rucession.1872

You can also watch his buff/debuff bar, a Protection symbol will appear a second before he fires his Nova.

Posted by: Shini.7542

Shini.7542

There several things that make this 2nd phase for most ppl to hard.

- agony fields on the ground you need to dodge (also because of the poison buff you get)
- dodge his pull attack which does a lot of dmg to non heavy armored classes
- dodge his light which does also a good amount of dmg + agony
- dodge all the mobs that are still left after hitting the seal – its seems that they only despawn at <20, after 20 they never despawned for us
- some of those extra mobs (fanatics or so) do a necro like channeling attack.. as berserk thief i got 17k! from it at lv30.. even with high def build you couldn’t heal enough while still handling the boss – beside the fact that there are several other mobs not only that one..
-reflect shortly before casting the light attack and like 5-10s after the light

However, at Lv20-29 it is currently “easily” possible with a good group and a high AR, but still i prefer every other lv30+ boss over the archdiver of lv20..
Almost every group skips it if its first, and even if it is 2nd or 3rd some people skip it because it takes longer than doing 2-3 new runs often.

[IL] Shinis (Thief+Ranger)
Dzagonur

Nozdrum.2894

Thanks for the answers =)
I see that agony is a big problem for us, since only 1 person got an lvl-20 infused ring and some of our group only have a backpack ( bad looting luck in the daily I guess ).
Hope we can dodge the buff now – in every other fractal we can dodge everything too so I think we can do it now with the new information.

Btw. Wish I could mark more answers as “This Answers My Question” – would mark everyone here as helpful.

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

lure him to the side room…

make him drop his 25%… lure a mob to the one with the hammer charge it, hit seal (better someone with stun breaker) go back to the side room.. and do that again…

after 50% hes a joke anyways due no more agony

Reaper – AnguĂ®sh

Posted by: Tale.5241

Tale.5241

he gains protection right before he does his AE lights agony attack

Posted by: PlaneWalker.8346

PlaneWalker.8346

he gains protection right before he does his AE lights agony attack

The protection part really works. But that room is narrow so it’s hard for you to dodge both agony and aoe on the floor. Will take some wipes.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

the best trick when you’re at level 20 i’ve found with MLG pro skillz players is too RESET even if its your third fractal… the last boss is a broken waste of time. I love challenging but we’re not in the 80-90’s to have cheap kitten infinite enemies respawn.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Nibiru.1423

Nibiru.1423

glad you can get to the last boss, past 3 groups at lvl 20/22 cant get past the stage before because of the stupid amount of mobs someone always dies. Im a mesmer (+15 ar) and usually have no problem with this fractal before patching. But i can honestly see why some people wont pug anyone but heavy classes.

I’ve just about had it with 20+ fractals for now. Sticking to 10-18 daily.

Magic Find + Common Sense + Consideration = Happy Party + Nice Loot