Fractals: From the best to worst loot system

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

Vanilla raiding in WoW meant that 5% of players had a chance at getting something they wanted.

Usually 10% of players actually wanted whatever item dropped, but because items where shared people competted against each other and no items were wasted.

Fractals awards higher percentages of loot but members cannot opt-out of receiving them. Meaning that inevitably the same group will have 1 member with 4 rings, 3 with 2 and 1 with zero.

This has turned GW2 from one of the fairest loot systems (tokens) to one of the least fair.

You cannot trade items, cannot sell them, cannot disenchant them. Groups I’ve played with have often lamented that they would love to of passed on a ring that they didn’t need. But the system as it is does not allow anything like this.

The system is broken and unfair. And ANet needs to wake up and go back to their design philosophy.

RNG is not fun.

Posted by: Kherza.8972

Kherza.8972

Yup, I’m 0/4 for my ring so far. Had a guy in my group earlier who got his 5th one. WTB a blessing from the RNG gods plz.

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

It is kind of sad ANet just can’t figure out how loot tables work. Ironically old WoW/New Everquest can have players leave with nothing but feel better about doing it, Because at least someone got a reward. Sad thing is in this state even though all 5 players get their own loot you can leave with all 5 players getting absolutely nothing useful vs at least one player getting something good (usually instances in WoW/EQ had 3-4 bosses so 3-4 players would get at least something or you would have 3-4 tries at loot).

Newer WoW even added badges so everyone got something. Odd how WoW did that but ANet is hesitant to add ascended (non-back) items to the vendor. Ohh well at least now I have 3 20 slot bags so I can’t complain.

GW2 – nope one boss one try. Total RNG if it even drops or not. Its like 1999 classic Everquest design, rare mob + rare loot = not fun. Everything else is just fluff loot for ecto’s/vendor trash. Thrilling I know…

Posted by: Anzu.5702

Anzu.5702

Hmm I saw somewhere might have been the AMA on Reddit that Chris Whiteside did recently, but they said they made a mistake in the distribution of Ascended items and wont be making that again in the future. Think he was referring more to the fact that Ascended Gear can only currently be obtained from one place but hopefully they will fix this issue too.

Honestly I think Fotm (although great fun) has ruined the variety that gw2 offered. Unfortunately it looks like they rushed to get the Fotm out to alleviate the complaints and quitting by the traditional mmo hardcores that didnt have something to grind towards.

Glad they have acknowledged the issue but would love to see some systems implemented that would take advantage of things already in the game like the brilliant maps and cities, and many DEs (especially the lower ones) which are now dead because there is no major incentive to go back and partially because of form.

Xarvacious: Guardian | Xarvo: Engineer | Achiles Augustus: Warrior
[HIRE]
TC

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Well, I got exotic light gloves on my ranger from the Maw chest in fractals. So.. yeah that doesn’t make much sense. I guess salvaging and giving it to zommy works, though there isn’t much benefit from putting armor in zommy forge.

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Considering rings are not resellable between players/TP and we don’t have a trade option more than mail, how you think a “trade” of not needed rings would work?

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

If FOTM is made for hardcore players so it´s not a problem if someone can´t get the loot they want. So they will continue their grind. And grind is not funny and will never be in any MMO.

Sorry but in my opnion if they put a grinding system in a game and you are there to grind you will not get fun. But fractals is more than grind, but a lot of eyes here are just looking the grind and get loot.

If WoW has a 5% chance to get something, it has 95% chance for someone not get anything, so there is a big chance for you not get anything in a looooooooong time. At least in GW2 you don´t have to wait hours to try again (except the hardcore players in lv 26, 27…) and try to get shinies again.

And yeah, i agree getting a exotic loot you cant use in the char you get the loot is frustrating.

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Well….. grind. When you got 2 rings with your stats, and bored, craft your ascended back, except if you’re so fond about fractal weapons, there is no more reason at all to keep farming. Just a matter of daily attempts, sooner or later you’re done. Go deeper? Why the hassle? Ye a challenge, when bored, agree..

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter