Fractals Game Breaking Glitch

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Mr Seevs.5129

Mr Seevs.5129

So, just ran another Fractal with my friends that led us into an absolute game-breaking bug. At the final boss we all started getting tele’d to an unbreakable cage, as we all eventually were put there at once. Why is this a thing? Putting every player in a cage in a span of 30 seconds is complete bullkitten. Not being able to break open the cage is another thing too. Mesmer portals or blinks were useless. Every time we reset, by going to character select and coming back in, we were put in cages immediately again. We tried multiple times, but we kept getting instantly put into a cage with no way out, so we all quit due to the fact the Fractal was now impossible to complete. At this point I’m done with Fractals, this has been one of the most inconvenient bugs in GW2 for me.

Posted by: Rakitza.6942

Rakitza.6942

We just got same bug. We did lvl 8 fotm and got the cliffside fractal and then we decided to do lvl 9 and got cliffside again but at final boss we where all getting send to cage and couldent break out, so we had to leave it.
This was really anoying because it was third fractal for us…

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

seriously? I thought they fixed it. It has been there since fractals first came out. Thankfully I never seen it because I’m always the one chain jailed -_-

Oceanic [LOD]

(edited by Wukunlin.8461)

Posted by: nglcpyro.4906

nglcpyro.4906

Firstly, Cliffside is just another fractal. Jade Maw is the final fractal on even #.

If you’re in the cage just melee attack it. It works the same as bring iced at the start of Snowbound if you run in late.

[OCD]Ordo Contegium Destinatus
-Plush Griffon Recruit of the Jade Quarry Militia-

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

I think there is another thread about this already that was started like literally 6 months ago. IIRC, there were devs that responded that this glitch was fixed multiple times. Guess living story comes before fixing game breaking, or for that matter, non-game breaking bugs.

I wouldn’t give up on fractals though because of it. I have run a bunch and never ran into this problem myself, so not like it happens all the time.

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

you’re supposed to break the door to the cage to get out -_-

Posted by: Wesnoth.1705

Wesnoth.1705

usually takes 1 guardian hammer auto chain to break it for me but ive never done fractals above 21level yet

What you must learn in gw2 is to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6npO-NoOPOg

Posted by: ForGreatJustice.3452

ForGreatJustice.3452

usually takes 1 guardian hammer auto chain to break it for me but ive never done fractals above 21level yet

No difference at higher levels. That cage is made up of paper. Range weapons I think may have problems with them similar to AC burrows, but honestly, you SHOULD have a melee weapon already.

Posted by: Rakitza.6942

Rakitza.6942

People saying to just attack cage even read the post? The thread is about a bug that makes the door unbrekable.
I do fotm 48 every and i know how to break out of the cage when you can target it

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

Had the same about half a year ago already .. it turns somehow unbreakable thought it might have been a glitch cause of scale 81 .. but seems it still there. back than 3rd fractal no way to reset or leave fractals due to no reconnect… sucked really hard anyway here’s a Video for those who don’t get it:

first scale 81 fractals

Posted by: nglcpyro.4906

nglcpyro.4906

Didn’t misread since it’s happened to me once. I just kept attacking as usual and after about 30 seconds I got out so that’s all I can go off. Maybe I jsut got lucky glitch ‘fixed’ itself.

[OCD]Ordo Contegium Destinatus
-Plush Griffon Recruit of the Jade Quarry Militia-