[Fractals] Instability: Last Laugh

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: KaosNinja.4967

KaosNinja.4967

of all the instabilities, of all the broken mechanics, of all the garbage scaling designed to make us think more hp = more difficulty, nothing is more blatantly broken than the Last Laugh instability found in the 50-60 fractals. the blast radius is so big only a perfect dodge avoids it, the delay is so short you almost need to dodge before they die to not get hit, and the knockdown lasts far too long. we all know the QA team is long gone, but i challenge arenanet to have a team of gm’s beat 59 Cliffside with this garbage mechanic in place.

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

This was a really cool instability. I did 59 just fine with it.

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

dodge avoids it

There’s your answer. Last laugh is actually one of the more fun instabilities.
Besides, you probably get hit a lot because you misjudge the detonation time. It’s around 0,5sec after death so if you dodge right before they die your iframes are over when the actual explosion happens.

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Are you kidding Kaos? THIS is the one you think is broken? did you not see the entire one that makes having any precision whatsoever a bad idea? I found myself in the mai trin version of that one STANDING in ehr cleave so I would get weakness so I would stop critting.

The last laugh one is fun. It makes you spread out just a tiny bit more so the fight as little less face rolly.

Ghost Yak

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Just wait thumanova and random conditions, so much fun.

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

^DAT LVL 64 DOE.

64 and 94, both super fun levels ^.^

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

you found out what you need to do yourself already:
quote:
“radius is so big only a perfect dodge avoids it”
“the delay is so short you almost need to dodge before they die to not get hit”

so dodge before last hit problem solved
AND you can always get stability

the 40-49 is much more annoying with enemies having:
permanent 25 Might
permanent Fury
permanent Regen
permanent Protection
and sooo often blocks from Aegis

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Drogoning.1285

Drogoning.1285

40-50 actually wasnt bad when my group did it but we had a mesmer and a necro stripping all the mobs boons so it was cake. But yeah 50-60 with last laugh was one of the fun ones, everything after is just annoying.

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

^DAT LVL 64 DOE.

64 and 94, both super fun levels ^.^

^^this

last laugh is actually a joke compared to those~

and my personal least favorite (as thief), lv 40s with enemies have perma 25 stacks of stab, might etc….. arghhhh… so happy i am done with that tier for achive

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

Eh i find a lot of the instabilities unfun. Last laugh is ok…but it makes it real painful to pug harder fractals.

Imo it’d be nicer to have mechanics changes specific to fractals so they actual make sense and make the content harder, not more annoying.

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

I’d take this instability over the boon instability any day

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Last Laugh was a great relief after the No Pain, No Gain boon misery while working up the levels. I really have no intention to play any fractal in the 41-50 range again except if they turn up as recommended dailies. It’s just not worth the bother.

The explosions add excitement, instead of the annoyance of the constantly interfering aegis, protection and retaliation. The boons don’t make the game harder or more interesting, they just make enemies last longer and at 41-50 they’d last long enough without the extra boons.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I actually think out of the instabilities we have, this is the only acceptable one. Social Awkwardness just acts as more lenient form of an AR-gate and most other instabilities are either meh or flat out horrible (looking at Boon Fumbler and No Pain No Gain…) – Boon Thieves is okay too I guess.

Explosion-radius depends on the enemy size and you can dodge straight after something dies; if you have lag/high ping/whatever, then you need to dodge earlier, yeah.

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

I’d deal with having to dodge after kill over perma boon storm any day – in a heart beat.

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

Yeah I think last laugh is ok. From lv 50 on should be a decent challenge. One thing you can do, have an engi/ele/mesmer/gaurd pull the mobs into a single point, and cleave them down. They should all die at about the same time, then just dodge the explosions.

Also, I think the method for cliff side pugs is:
-charge hammer
-stealth
-hit seal
-run to safety
-charge hammer/repeat

But I wouldn’t know. I’m not touching fractals again until the update.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

In Cliffside, Shield of Courage really shines with Last Laugh, in addition to Well of Precognition. You can also use Stability and damage reduction skills.

Obviously you can dodge it too, but it’s interesting to see what you can do to help your party who might be a bit slow on the dodge.

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

Why do people make themselves look bad by complaining about stuff like this lol. You already mentioned the counter just dodge. Just because you can’t dodge in time doesn’t mean everyone has trouble with it. It’s meant to make the stages more interesting and hard, just because you can’t do it and decide to come complain about it on the forums says something. Personally I found it fun.

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

It’s more awkward that the radius is bugged and the indicator scales with the size of the mob, even tough the radius always is just 240~

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”