Fractals. Molten Duo, Revenant exploit.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Bwadark.2519

Bwadark.2519

I don’t want to mention the details of the exploit. I encountered after a very trigger happy Revenant forced this exploit upon us. I don’t agree with or use exploits and since this knowledge I’ve seen people asking for Revenants to exploit this.

Am I right in understanding that appropriate action will be made against the players performing and requesting this ‘service’?

How do I go about reporting such behaviour should I encounter it again? Hope to hear more soon.

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Well I dont think action will be take for the exploit you are mentioning.
I mean is basically skipping, i just save few seconds (seriously) and doesnt break anything.
Anyway I guess reporting never hurts, togheter with ask to do not use it.

I personally find it dumb…you save like…30sec? lol

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Yeah, this one is silly to me as well. You save a few secs on a legitimately easy fight (since almost no one runs this past level 40 anyway) and miss out on drops.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Yeah the fun part is speedclear dps (wich revenant is part of), can kill boss in about 30 sec, and adds in 10 secs. You can champ bag, gems, and the loot bags from the adds (wich can contain rare materials). Not worth skipping imo.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

to those farmers, even 1 sec matter, let alone 30…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Exploit or not, this isn’t something Anet will take action against. Too many people do it, and they fixed a different exploit yet the same outcome of bypassing the mini boss, and a new exploit arose.

tl;dr It’s not profitable enough to take action against.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

I posted in that very matter here, just a few days earlier. A net seems busy with other stuff. After all there is a big patch comming. My solution after recieving feedback Here. If players make it wild West and try to force or kick you, you better make sure you draw faster, meaner and have wingmans. That means i open the lfg, i habe 2 buddies to quick kick others Trying to vote kick me and upon joining the fractal i post this premade post: better be safe than sorry. Skipping via revenent is an exploit. Demanding, forcing or perpetrating an exploit might pose a threat to your or the perpetraitor’s account. If you demand of me that i skip i will report you ingame and send a Screenshot of your chatlog to the arenanet support.
The last few runs i was in, no one demanded it afterwards. I realise this is not perfect. But just because the revenant is a class that supposedly broke pvp, pve and wvw does not mean every revenant player ingame is fair game and you are free to demand of them that they risk their accounts for your personal gain, vendetta or just because you don’t care.
After this rant just let me congratulate you to standing up to those thugs.

(edited by Silberfederling.9302)

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Yeah, this one is silly to me as well. You save a few secs on a legitimately easy fight (since almost no one runs this past level 40 anyway) and miss out on drops.

Except you not getting any drops after first fractal because chest spawns only once.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

This skip makes me chuckle, because ArenaNet attempted to fix it! Before, players could just jump off the edge and hit whatever trigger launches the Molten Duo boss. Instead of making it so that killing the Flame Effigy was necessary, they just moved the trigger up more.

I’m going to laugh when that trigger keeps getting moved around so much that it’s not even on the boss platform anymore.

(edited by Nokaru.7831)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Its like their arah fixes. Instead of making lupi required to trigger the next even they just kept adding new invisible walls.

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Its like their arah fixes. Instead of making lupi required to trigger the next even they just kept adding new invisible walls.

Its even more funny that in p3 and p4 lupi is required to trigger path completion, but in p1 and p2 it has no importance for some reason.
Also you are required to kill Abom to trigger path completion as some sort of way to prevent you from skipping bosses, but they do allow you to freely skip mage crusher, because? anet?

I never really understood anet’s way of dealing with bugs and exploits, but then again they probably didn’t even know dungeons existed, and when they found out they nerfed them immediately

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I know which exploit is being discussed here, and ANet is aware of it. I would expect it to be fixed in the Winter patch coming up on the 26th, but no promises.

It’s far less effort both in development and in QA to just add an invisible wall than to rewire the programming behind the entire path.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

It’s far less effort both in development and in QA to just add an invisible wall than to rewire the programming behind the entire path.

It’s also far less effective, but eh. They seem to prefer playing whack-a-mole over actually fixing things for real.

My favorite is the Arah skip where you jump on an invisible wall (added to ‘fix’ a different skip) to bypass terrain xD

At this point, the dungeon team has been gone for over two years, and they certainly aren’t going to spend money getting a new developer to learn to maintain the content. I believe they simply aren’t capable of fixing the dungeons, as there’s no one there who is adequately familiar with the implementation of the dungeon programming.

Dusk hit the nail on the head: Adding walls and moving triggers are the most effort they’re willing to spend on this content.

Also, lol @QA. They don’t even run dungeons/FotM shards after modifying them. How many times have we seen unavoidable progress blocking bugs introduced with fixes? Whatever their testing process is, dungeons/fotm isn’t part of it, even if they’ve just made changes to them.

tl;dr Don’t expect them to properly fix dungeons/fractals when exploits appear. At best, they’ll stick a band-aid on it. At worst, we get to one-shot lupi for years when they completely ignore the problems.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I do expect them to fix Fractals exploits with these larger, seasonal patches. They’ve committed to Fractals, and have a whole Fractals team that I’ve already worked with on some things to make sure they have the right information of what we want.

As far as dungeons, however, you’re absolutely correct. Unless it allows you to break the economy somehow, there’s an extremely low probability it will get addressed at all.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Honestly the exploit that annoys me more is the Mossman pole exploit.

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

So, this thread is about… “how dare people skipping super fun fight against champion with gazillion HP, three (or one, if you don’t count AA and passive fire shield) super challenging abilities and no loot”?

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

Rednik i do not intend to disrespect you but Please bother reading the title. Please try not to prove you got it all figured out. Please try not to Prove yourself a hard kitten by looking down on people posting here. Try to be helpfull and valuable instead of going after people that are already anoyed by the exploit. I for one do not mind skipping. But i do mind if skipping means doing so by use of an exploit. It’s convenient and cosy to demand skipping if you yourself don’t have to pay the price. So before this goes any further, stop trying to aggrovate people here to derail the threat so it does not get shut down and people that are actually not happy with this situation can continue to post here. The boss is anyoing yes. So anoying that i would risk my account for 2 mins safed time? Hell no.

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

You’re not risking your account though, because Anet won’t ban for this exploit. Anet only bans for exploits that hurt the economy. There was a different way to skip the mini boss and it was later fixed…and then this new method arose. No one was banned for skipping him previously, they won’t be banned now.

Learn how Anet operates, and you won’t have to second guess yourself on what you can and can’t do. Anet has let some of the most exploity kitten go unpunished because it wasn’t detrimental to their economy.

And in a way, it makes sense. If you want to skip past some kitten mob with a billion HP to progress faster through a fractal with bad rewards to complete a daily you’ve already completed a thousand times, then why not? It’s not hurting anything or anyone.

And the fact that OP wants to report these people leads to Rednik’s point that he’s more trying to get them in trouble then he is concerned with whether he’ll be banned for the use of the exploit himself. Anet won’t ban for something unless they’re certain you took part in the bannable offence willingly.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Posted by: assassin.7895

assassin.7895

stop forcing your way of playing on to others. if you don’t like it, leave the group and exclude revenants with lfg. simple as that.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

stop forcing your way of playing on to others. if you don’t like it, leave the group and exclude revenants with lfg. simple as that.

This works both ways. Any revenant in my group better ask first if it’s okay to skip, instead of deciding for me.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

This works both ways. Any revenant in my group better ask first if it’s okay to skip, instead of deciding for me.

Just kick them or leave the party, its not a big deal anyways since you can instantly reroll molten instead of having to do 3 fractals before.
People have been complaining about people making usage of exploits without the rest of the party agreeing with it for ages, mossman underwater, frost, oneshotting lupi, etc, and Anet has never done anything about it.

I can’t even count the amount of times I’ve been kicked from arah pugs for suggesting NOT to oneshot lupi.

Posted by: Bwadark.2519

Bwadark.2519

To points made about me wanting to punish the people performing the exploits, this is not from a malicious desire to get people in trouble, however, if it was a seen as a serious breach of conduct then I would like to know the appropriate actions I should take.

The consensus seems to be that’s it’s somewhat acceptable, but it should be fixed. This means I don’t need to report anyone should I encounter this again.

To the complaint that I should let people play how they want to play. Please note this person joined my group, with my friends, and forced his method of play onto us. Which we were extremely annoyed at.

I dislike every exploit, no matter how big or small. I prefer to play the game as it was intended to be played. Call me silly, I just find that fun. (Played since launch to those with the ’you’ve not done it 1000s of times arguement’)

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i used to do the engi version of this quite often back in the day, and it wasnt because i wanted to speedclear or couldnt do the champ perfectly fine, it was because hes a huge hp sack thats immune to burning and likes to aggro on engis and eles with his ranged auto that hits for 5k. so the fight is unnecessarily long and im usually forced to pay extra attention to survive. anyways, i was never banned and havent heard of anyone who was and that skip was fixed. the rev version will receive the same treatment most likely.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions