Fractals - Old infusions are useless...

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Schnitzelweck.7690

Schnitzelweck.7690

The only way to reach 150 agony resitance (without wasting millions of gold…) is the ‘Versatile Simple Infusion (masterwork) +7 AR’

Which makes the old, expensive infusions (e.g. +5 power, +5 AR) totally useless for higher fractals.

Anet, change the old ones to +7 AR…. or give us the possibility to upgrade them.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

you mean by like giving you a mystic forge recipe to convert them

say the infusion, the +7, anthology of hero’s and some other currency (perhaps ecto) ?

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

about a month ago on reddit anet said they were working on it but the changes didnt go through with the quarterly update because doing so would have deleted everyones infusions.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

I’m really confused. You can upgrade them. It costs like 75 fractal relics to upgrade from +5 to +7. Am I just not understanding you?

Osu

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

I’m really confused. You can upgrade them. It costs like 75 fractal relics to upgrade from +5 to +7. Am I just not understanding you?

He’s talking about the ones with +5 stats

currently there’s no +7 with increase of stats. Therefore the old expensive infusions became inferior unless you wanted to buy 5 +16 agony infusions to keep your already expensive +5 ar +5 w/e stat

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Oh, those. Never even considered buying them because they were so outrageously overpriced.

Osu

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

You end up with being 12 short of 150 AR, if you use +5 AR Infusions as opposed to the +7’s in your accessories slots.

But, if you go to with (4) + 12 and (1) + 11, Infusions in all your Agony Slots, as opposed to (3) + 10’s and (2) + 11’s that most people suggest with all + 7’s, you can still make the 150 easy enough.

The + 12, so that will give you + 7 AR right, and then use Mist Lock, for + 5 more, that’s + 12 total, while keeping the + 5 AR /+ 5 Stat’s.

The + 12 Infusions, will only run you 180 for all 4 of them, and you would have spent around 60 gold anyway, buying other Infusions (+ 10’s and + 11’s) so it’s not like you would need to spend millions of gold, it’s gonna cost you a measly 120 gold more to get what you want.

Not a bank breaker, to anyone serious about fractals.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

(edited by STIHL.2489)

Posted by: Aceofsppades.6873

Aceofsppades.6873

You end up with being 12 short of 150 AR, if you use +5 AR Infusions as opposed to the +7’s in your accessories slots.

But, if you go to with (4) + 12 and (1) + 11, Infusions in all your Agony Slots, as opposed to (3) + 10’s and (2) + 11’s that most people suggest with all + 7’s, you can still make the 150 easy enough.

The + 12, so that will give you + 7 AR right, and then use Mist Lock, for + 5 more, that’s + 12 total, while keeping the + 5 AR /+ 5 Stat’s.

The + 12 Infusions, will only run you 180 for all 4 of them, and you would have spent around 60 gold anyway, buying other Infusions (+ 10’s and + 11’s) so it’s not like you would need to spend millions of gold, it’s gonna cost you a measly 120 gold more to get what you want.

Not a bank breaker, to anyone serious about fractals.

Relying on the mistlock for 100 is a bad idea because it goes away if you die and you can’t reaply it.

Also it becomes prohibitively expensive when you start using infusion on armor and weapons as well.

With all +5 stat infusions it cost over 2000 gold in reagents alone.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You’re counting only accessory slots. Do not forget about armor and weapons – those bring the difference up to 28 points.

Full 5/5 on all slots will give you 70 AR (30 for accessories, 30 for armor, 10 for weapons), meaning you’d need to get 80 points in the remaining 5 infused/attuned slots. That means needing +16 ones.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

STIHL.2489

You’re counting only accessory slots. Do not forget about armor and weapons – those bring the difference up to 28 points.

Oh they made that kind of mistake huh? then I would suggest an Infusion Extraction Device , which costs 24 silver, pull the Infusions, and replace with +7’s.

The 70 Extra Ability points, that gets split 2 to 3 different ways, can’t be that game breaking to your build.

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

Oh they made that kind of mistake huh? then I would suggest an Infusion Extraction Device , which costs 24 silver, pull the Infusions, and replace with +7’s.

The 70 Extra Ability points, that gets split 2 to 3 different ways, can’t be that game breaking to your build.

You’re completely missing the point. At current prices, versatile mighty infusions cost around 324 gold to make each, or around 1,944 gold for enough to fill out your armor alone. People have made these before HoT so that they could do fractals and get the +5 stats at the same time. Imagine spending that much gold only to find out that they are completely useless and to get a reply just to change them out with +7 infusions.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

STIHL.2489

You’re completely missing the point. At current prices, versatile mighty infusions cost around 324 gold to make each, or around 1,944 gold for enough to fill out your armor alone. People have made these before HoT so that they could do fractals and get the +5 stats at the same time. Imagine spending that much gold only to find out that they are completely useless and to get a reply just to change them out with +7 infusions.

Wow, those infusions are 324 gold each? For all 14 of them? That’s 4536 gold for the whole set, Armor/Accessories.

But ya know, if you wanted to keep them, you could buy straight up +15’s, which are only around 245 gold to make, and since you only need 5 of them, that’s 1225 gold, and you will have a 145 AR base, add in Mistlock, and you are at an even 150.

If you can invest 4,500 Gold for the Versatile Infusions, you can invests 1225 more and be done.

Added: Even if you went to the 16’s, for whatever needed reason, that’s only 490 gold to make, or 2450 for whole set, just a tad over half what you say the versatile infusions cost, and you would have a standing 150 AR, without Mistlock

But either way you slice it, it’s still not Millions of Gold. In fact, it’s cheaper to accommodate them then it was to put them in. .

(edited by STIHL.2489)

insanemaniac.2456

speaking of AR you dont need, if the only fractal you dont bother with is t4 mai trin because its stupidly long, then you only need 130 to cap out for 88 (which is the next highest fractal in t4 that doesnt have a lower repeat). 130 ar can be achieved with 5 +12s and 14 5/5s, and then you can do any daily except mai trin. +12s are only 45g each, for an additional 180g cost over what it would take to use +7s, 2 +11s, and 3 +10s.

edit: i was partially wrong, i did a 90 yesterday, but 130 ar is enough for it with mistlock so… no change.

(edited by insanemaniac.2456)

Posted by: Telandrill.5287

Telandrill.5287

I contacted support about this issue +/- a month back, they said to write it down in the Forums. Back then there already was an thread that is now dead.

Still no changes but love to see +7 AR +5 Stat soon.
An MF recipe or add it in the vendor in the Mistlock would do.

Posted by: Schnitzelweck.7690

Schnitzelweck.7690

I found the thread about ‘changing the infusion system’ on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4fsee7/with_the_new_incentive_to_run_hightier_fractals

@Anet:
Could u be more precise about the upcoming changes?

Posted by: Aceofsppades.6873

Aceofsppades.6873

It’s hard to be precise about something that hasn’t been precisely nailed down.

Posted by: Raizen.7981

Raizen.7981

You can always run 2 ascended sets, one with 5/5 and the other one with 150 ar
Or you can have 5x 16 agony infusions

I don’t understand the rant. This is literally the only “long-term goal”(even tho it takes like a kittening month to get then there’s nothing left to do anyway) in the game. If even this got easier…

Posted by: Animism.9803

Animism.9803

You can always run 2 ascended sets, one with 5/5 and the other one with 150 ar
Or you can have 5x 16 agony infusions

I don’t understand the rant. This is literally the only “long-term goal”(even tho it takes like a kittening month to get then there’s nothing left to do anyway) in the game. If even this got easier…

Seriously. These infusions were implemented in the game before HoT.
Along with HoT, we had modifications to the infusions.

> Anet didn’t correct their game. YES it’s a rant. Just as much as a bloody rant one can still have about how things expected for release weren’t even slightly ready.

(OH HEY, i’ll further this.) The infusions cost roughly 3000g+ prior to HoT. The value of gold has gone up massively since the expansion. Fair to say my infusions are now worth something like 5000g? And now it’s sat in my inventory like the many pieces of trash loot one can receive throughout the game. (The infinite variations of champ chests springs to mind – was that really neccessary? How to make a visual clutter 101)

Now that I haven’t been playing the game (quit a month after HoT), an outside perspective of Anet is quite frankly embarrasing.
The amount of problems production has had should worry any current-player.

(edited by Animism.9803)

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

Agree 100% with OP. Seems like an oversight.

Maybe a mystic forge recipe to fix the problem? Or a vendor tab on the asura in the lobby. I would recommend a straight-up upgrade, but ANET may not want non-HOT people getting +7’s.

I feel the pain of this problem after super adventure box. I got the aura, but can’t use it on my fractal characters!

Animism.9803

Hope this gets fixed ASAP. As long as ASAP is understood correctly :’_)

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

if you can afford 14 +5AR +5stats infusion, surely you can afford to buy 5 +15 agony infusions. the other +5 just get from inside the fractal….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Animism.9803

If I have already spent so much time and money. Why should I be spending more time and money because of Anets mistake. I find that to be a bit belittling to be honest. They should have just made a recipe to change the +5 to +7 whilst keeping the stat…….

STIHL.2489

If I have already spent so much time and money. Why should I be spending more time and money because of Anets mistake. I find that to be a bit belittling to be honest. They should have just made a recipe to change the +5 to +7 whilst keeping the stat…….

I suppose they could do that, for another 500 gold each…

Astralporing.1957

if you can afford 14 +5AR +5stats infusion, surely you can afford to buy 5 +15 agony infusions. the other +5 just get from inside the fractal….

Yes, surely if you spent a ton of money, then the reasonable solution would be to spend a ton of money again[/sarcasm]
Seriously, one might think some people here are just plain jealous of those having +stat infusions.

Incidentally, i don’t have any, and couldn’t likely afford a set, but i still am able to see the problem.

Actions, not words.

Animism.9803

It should be a simple/cheap upgrade. The price of making the initial 5/5’s are already pricey as hell.

Animism.9803

Incidently, I have multiple sets of 5/5s on different characters. So you can see why I’m kittened off that something like 10k gold was spent and now they are somewhat irrelevent.

STIHL.2489

It should be a simple/cheap upgrade. The price of making the initial 5/5’s are already pricey as hell.

Nope.

The solution is already in game. Anet already solved this problem with greatly increased the drop rate of +1’s, so that overall, agony infusions have massively dropped in price, thus getting (5) + 15’s, is not that hard to accomplish, they also address not needing the +16’s, as Mistlock will give you the +5 you need to max to 150, just in case you needed to have that 150 for whatever reasons.

On top of that, as others have pointed out, you don’t really need the full 150AR to run daily T4 fractals as 130 is enough, which you can get to using + 12 to + 13’s, which are very affordable.

Animism.9803

Nope.

The solution is already in game. Anet already solved this problem with greatly increased the drop rate of +1’s, so that overall, agony infusions have massively dropped in price, thus getting (5) + 15’s, is not that hard to accomplish, they also address not needing the +16’s, as Mistlock will give you the +5 you need to max to 150, just in case you needed to have that 150 for whatever reasons.

On top of that, as others have pointed out, you don’t really need the full 150AR to run daily T4 fractals as 130 is enough, which you can get to using + 12 to + 13’s, which are very affordable.

……………………………………………………………………..
That is not a solution, buddy.

You did process that this post is about having +5 stats on top of infusions, and Anet not fixing those infusions?

STIHL.2489

Nope.

You did process that this post is about having +5 stats on top of infusions, and Anet not fixing those infusions?

It is the solution.

Anet designed the game for manufacture of higher Agony Infusions which could accommodate the use of +5’s, if you opt to not use them, that is on you, ‘buddy’ not Anet.

Animism.9803

Nope.

It is the solution.

Anet designed the game for manufacture of higher Agony Infusions which could accommodate the use of +5’s, if you opt to not use them, that is on you, ‘buddy’ not Anet.

We paid thousands of gold for the infusions. With the new fractal infusions, there should have been a recipe to upgrade the 5/5’s. Why the hate and unreasonable thinking?

All you’ve done is suggest we pay hundreds more gold than everyone else, on top of what we have already paid.

Just stop. Buddy.

STIHL.2489

Nope.

It is the solution.

We paid thousands of gold for the infusions. With the new fractal infusions, there should have been a recipe to upgrade the 5/5’s. Why the hate and unreasonable thinking?

All you’ve done is suggest we pay hundreds more gold than everyone else, on top of what we have already paid.

Just stop. Buddy.

Lets see if I can sum this up for ya buddy, Anet has had the solution in game since pre-HoT, but you don’t want to use it, and you claim I’m the one being unreasonable.

Animism.9803

Nope.

It is the solution.

Just stop. Buddy.

Lets see if I can sum this up for ya buddy, Anet has had the solution in game since pre-HoT, but you don’t want to use it, and you claim I’m the one being unreasonable.

You are misunderstanding the issue.

Does that sound reasonable to you, does it?

STIHL.2489

Nope.

It is the solution.

Just stop. Buddy.

Well, depends. I don’t find it reasonable to spend 5K on a 5/5 stat item, But, obviously you did, by your own admission, a few times over, equally so, if you have that kind of finds/time to invest so much for so little gain, it’s hard to truly understand why you are suddenly fussing about spending a little more.

Animism.9803

Nope.

It is the solution.

Just stop. Buddy.

Well, depends. I don’t find it reasonable to spend 5K on a 5/5 stat item, But, obviously you did, by your own admission, a few times over, equally so, if you have that kind of finds/time to invest so much for so little gain, it’s hard to truly understand why you are suddenly fussing about spending a little more.

That’s like saying why citizens would be unhappy about higher taxes.

The reason I bought them was so it could be the MAX gear, never having to be particularly upgraded again. It’s the highest tier you can achieve, which Anet constantly refer to as never changing, yet those with this tier of armour suddenly have to pay more to keep it or suck it up.

(edited by Animism.9803)

STIHL.2489

Nope.

It is the solution.

Just stop. Buddy.

That’s like saying why citizens would be unhappy about higher taxes.

Nahh, it’s more like watching someone who’s driving a Rolls Royce fussing about the cost of tires at Wal*Mart.

The reason I bought them was so it could be the MAX gear, never having to be particularly upgraded again. It’s the highest tier you can achieve, which Anet constantly refer to as never changing, yet those with this tier of armour suddenly have to pay more to keep it or suck it up.

If you thought it was reasonable to spend the extra funds to be maxed before, why has your feelings on the matter changed?

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

Um, isn’t the obvious solution the same way you change +5 to +7’s? Like, 75 relics and the original +5 infusion?

I really don’t understand any other argument. It seems like an obvious oversight. There’s no reason why it should be more difficult to get AR for someone who has the +5 ar, +5 stat infusion, than someone who got the cheap versatile infusion.

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

Um, isn’t the obvious solution the same way you change +5 to +7’s? Like, 75 relics and the original +5 infusion?

I really don’t understand any other argument. It seems like an obvious oversight. There’s no reason why it should be more difficult to get AR for someone who has the +5 ar, +5 stat infusion, than someone who got the cheap versatile infusion.

This is the obvious solution. In fact it’s so obvious that anet already tried to do it but there was a bug that caused the infusions to be deleted, and so it was not put into the actual game. Any reasonable person would realize that this means that anet is aware of the issue and is working on it and so these debates are pointless. But being reasonable isn’t a requirement to post here so w/e.

In fact the third post in this very thread stated something similar but why bother reading when you can express your feelings blindly.

insanemaniac.2456

Nope.

It is the solution.

Just stop. Buddy.

lol actually that does sound reasonable. youve already paid so much more than “everyone else” that “everyone else” would have bought a legendary with the gold instead, because that much gold is a ridiculous expenditure for something so completely unnecessary to completing fractals.

Animism.9803

Nope.

It is the solution.

Just stop. Buddy.

lol actually that does sound reasonable. youve already paid so much more than “everyone else” that “everyone else” would have bought a legendary with the gold instead, because that much gold is a ridiculous expenditure for something so completely unnecessary to completing fractals.

Ok, to keep your old legendaries mate, lets pretend HoT was released and all legendary stats were placed down to exotic stats. A new 200g mystic forge recipe was done which ‘upgrades’ the legendary to higher stats.

Great.

Animism.9803

Nope.

It is the solution.

Just stop. Buddy.

I suppose we all have to remember that Anet’s production times are once in a blue moon.

STIHL.2489

Nope.

It is the solution.

Just stop. Buddy.

Ok, to keep your old legendaries mate, lets pretend HoT was released and all legendary stats were placed down to exotic stats. A new 200g mystic forge recipe was done which ‘upgrades’ the legendary to higher stats.

Great.

Do you mean My old Legendary, which was an exotic with solders stats, that I needed to transmute to give it different stats?

But also, nothing was down graded, there was just a minor change to the system.

Lets use different example, lets say I needed to pay 200 gold and Mystic Forge recipe to put a Vipers option on my Legendary.

Yah, I’d pay that, if it mattered to me to have vipers on my Legendary Weapon.

(edited by STIHL.2489)

Animism.9803

Nope.

It is the solution.

Just stop. Buddy.

Great.

Do you mean My old Legendary, which was an exotic with solders stats, that I needed to transmute to give it different stats?

Lets use different example, lets say I needed to pay 200 gold and Mystic Forge recipe to put a Vipers option on my Legendary.

5/5 infusions are not a new thing, whereas 7/5 infusions would be. Vipers is new. There is a difference here.
Our legendaries did not become unpractical as a result of a new stat combo, it’s a different situation, where as 5/5 infusions are now unpractical as it hasn’t received the update.

(edited by Animism.9803)

Astralporing.1957

Nope.

It is the solution.

Just stop. Buddy.

Great.

Yeah, the downgrade example was not that good – but neither was yours. It would have been more like as if legendaries never received that bump to ascended tier. Though i bet you’d be saying then that anyone wealthy enough to craft a legendary would be also wealthy enough to craft an ascended weapon and transmute it.

Which, again, would be completely missing the point, by the way.

Actions, not words.

Animism.9803

Nope.

It is the solution.

Just stop. Buddy.

Great.

Yeah, the downgrade example was not that good – but neither was yours. It would have been more like as if legendaries never received that bump to ascended tier. Though i bet you’d be saying then that anyone wealthy enough to craft a legendary would be also wealthy enough to craft an ascended weapon and transmute it.

Which, again, would be completely missing the point, by the way.

I’m not always the best with analogies :P.

I think they are two different leagues, the 5/5 infusions will obviously require the same upgrade for 7 AR as the normal 5-7 infusions are. The price should be relative, and the same goes for any example for legendaries.

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Easy fix would be to allow us to Attune/Infuse more trinkets.

STIHL.2489

It would have been more like as if legendaries never received that bump to ascended tier. Though i bet you’d be saying then that anyone wealthy enough to craft a legendary would be also wealthy enough to craft an ascended weapon and transmute it.

Yup, you got me pegged, I would totally say that.

STIHL.2489

As I see it, Anet put in the higher infusions so people would use them, otherwise there is simply no need for an infusion past 11.

However, these higher infusions would be directed towards people with a lot of resources at their disposal, what better way to set these people apart, then to make a Special infusion that is very expensive.

The people with the resources to make the Special infusion would be the same people with the resources to get the higher level Agony Resist Infusions.

Equally so, only people that got the special infusions would have a need for the higher AR infusions.

Seems like a set up from the start if you ask me.

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

I have no idea why they added +7 infusions in the first place. They’re not hard to make so there’s no reason why the expensive stat infusions and prestige infusions (ghostly, moto) shouldn’t be +7 too.

Really they should have made 100AR the cap (simple system, e.g. level 40 requires 40AR) instead of 150 and not added the +7 infusions and attuned slots. Having to spend a small amount of fractal relics to upgrade from 5 to 7 or move your character to the forge to attune rings using trash materials adds nothing to the gameplay except making the infusions that took actual effort to acquire useless.

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

I don’t know why this is a problem. It WAS a problem, before +7 infusions, because a 5/5 was getting 10 points of value, and the next closest was only 5 points.

What ANet did is correct a huge gap between a 5 malign and a +5 AR/5 malign by allowing the AR side of the equation to go slightly higher.

IMO, they should never have allowed 5/5s in the game without other options between them and the rest of the available infusions.

So, frankly, you are whining about ANet correcting a huge problem that you happen to have had enough money to exploit.

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

Some see a problem here and some do not. I certainly see the problem. Read through some of the comments and can’t figure out how in the world some can’t. Anet acknowledges a problem and thankfully they are working on it. May take them awhile but for all the nay sayers here, I"m glad Anet doesn’t agree with you.