Fractals: The World Below Jade Maw

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: APokieBear.5946

APokieBear.5946

Today I discovered the world below Jade Maw. It’s an endless silver sea. Here’s how I ended up there:

I was jumping onto the last area with mobs when I got stunned mid-air and began falling….and falling…and falling. I fell for around 15 seconds, through clouds and nothing-ness, then boom, I hit water in my down state. I used my 4th skill and rezzed myself, and was free to swim around in the silver sea. What’s down there you ask? Oh my, oh my indeed.

After swimming around for 5 minutes (and my group members begging me to leave so they could rez and fight maw) I discovered: the dredge instance. The silver sea is below the dredge instance – I found myself under the first main cage (where two people need to stand on buttons). As much as I would have liked to see if I could get into the instance, my friends were waiting and so I swam into the lava and died. I wonder if the other instances are connected in this silver sea as well?

Anyone else have a similar experience? What if you could fall into the seas at maw, and swim to boss rooms of other fractals. Exploiting? Yes. But I wonder if it could be done anyways. I reported my location, and posted on the forums, so it should have been brought to the mod’s attention by now. Good luck in discovering the silver sea

Posted by: Ivanov.8914

Ivanov.8914

The green crystals that you see in the Jade Maw are (or were) water.They were parts of the Jade Sea.The story goes from GW1 Factions – Shiro Tagachi(the main antagonist) kills his emperor in fear of his own life, somehow stealing the emperor’s powers.Shortly after, he meets his demise, yet just before he dies he howls.That howl effectively petrifies the entirety of Echovald forest and crystalizes the waters of the Jade Sea.

As for the same experience, I fell down by accident once but just got ported above in downed state.

Posted by: Foss.4830

Foss.4830

Others have been there im pretty sure. There was a topic made shortly after fractals came out with screenshots and what not.

Bluecog – Valór [RUN] – Kaineng

Posted by: Foss.4830

Foss.4830

The green crystals that you see in the Jade Maw are (or were) water.They were parts of the Jade Sea.The story goes from GW1 Factions – Shiro Tagachi(the main antagonist) kills his emperor in fear of his own life, somehow stealing the emperor’s powers.Shortly after, he meets his demise, yet just before he dies he howls.That howl effectively petrifies the entirety of Echovald forest and crystalizes the waters of the Jade Sea.

As for the same experience, I fell down by accident once but just got ported above in downed state.

What hes describing is more of a bug than a plot device. He fell into an unused part of the map where devs probably play around with terrain. Most likely there only for testing purposes.

Bluecog – Valór [RUN] – Kaineng

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

after defeating the maw a friend and myself went around the edges looking to see what we could see and discovered the roof of the domed building from the ascalon fractal and several other structures. also saw something like a head but not the colossus.

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

I hate to burst your bubble but the entire map of Tyrian is above a great big sea. Dungeons; instances and maps are all layered on top of each other with at the bottom a great big sea of nothingness.

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

I hate to burst your bubble but the entire map of Tyrian is above a great big sea. Dungeons; instances and maps are all layered on top of each other with at the bottom a great big sea of nothingness.

Yep if you manage to fall through the map anywhere in game you’ll find a big empty stretch of water. It’s everywhere under the terrain ingame

The Battle Bakery [vPie]