Fractals are a joke.

Fractals are a joke.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Escher.5342

Escher.5342

20 Fractals level 26-38. Not a single ring. Not a single fractal weapon. This game is a joke. They can’t push out updates fast enough, unless they discover an exploit that might affect their bottom line, of course, and the fact that I can’t purchase any infused trinkets besides rings (in fractals) is a testament to the lack of universal consideration the devs are taking to the risk/time/reward system GW2 has. The only “instance” that requires any skill is the least rewarding. BTW, Renewed Justice is broken. Is it too late to request a refund?

Fractals are a joke.

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Personal fractal level?

Fractal weapons do not drop until 30+

I get lots of infused ring daily drop during the month jan-febwhen i was playing 20-30

Fractals are a joke.

Escher.5342

Personal is 33. They actually drop after 20. I have 40 Pristine Relics. One warhorn fractal skin and I have spent 20 Pristine’s on 2 rings. So in 60 runs, I have had one fractal skin. What a joke. If the devs won’t increase the drop rate, at least let me spend my relics on skins and/or earrings or amulets. Same argument for months now.

Fractals are a joke.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Fotm skins are supposed to be rare.
They are not rings they are not needed.

at 20 drop rate is low…..
Go to 48 and you get a 23% drop rate…

But please be sure to be experienced….because lately there are too many players that cannot do shaman -.-

Its becoming really frustrating.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Fractals are a joke.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Fotm skins are supposed to be rare.
They are not rings they are not needed.

at 20 drop rate is low…..
Go to 48 and you get a 23% drop rate…

But please be sure to be experienced….because lately there are too many players that cannot do shaman -.-

Its becoming really frustrating.

Where do you get that 23% drop rate of skins? Personal experience? My experience doesn’t give me that. I am late to fractal so I just ran close to 20 of them (level 48) recently. Not a single skin. Couple rings maybe. Couple shards maybe. On the other hand, I got 5 skins from 28 runs, 2 from 38 runs.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Fractals are a joke.

LordByron.8369

spreadsheet by some long time fotm runners…

What you says its more like before april patch where lvl 20 rewarded more than 30+

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Fractals are a joke.

Escher.5342

Rare is one thing. Being the sole male panda in an entire hemisphere is another thing entirely. There needs to be an alternative to RNG. It’s not balanced enough to make the effort worthwhile. If rng fails, then what? Tough cookie? This game is way to casual to fall into that mentality.

Fractals are a joke.

LordByron.8369

As i said i am the number one supporter of easy content….

But i will never support making fotm skins easy while legendary TIER weapons, exotic minis and stuff are available to really few people that doesn t need even to play the game….

Lets tell the truth…almost every high level fotm player have something like a bank slot of skins….(and many they can use)

Low level players have some….

Yesterday after waiting more than 1 hour AT PEAK time, i had to go at 34 because i didn t find any higher Group…

GW2 balance:

Fractals are a joke.

LordByron.8369

Bright in few words…..

Anet told that scavenger hunt requirements will respect players that had a lucky drop…..
Making precursor still hard to obtain.

Now answer me only this point…
Wouldn’t you have a similar approach to players who spent much time in fractals having terrible loot for months?

You went coe/cof and made a tons moneys….i went fractals and got lot skins….

Why my earning should become worthless while you preserve your status?
frankly i can t get it

Are fotm players really unworthy ones while the cof crowd and TP flippers fortunes needs to be preserved?

Do you want to take away the only little token poor (in term of gold) fotm players earned?

That would completely kill fotm once and for all after a month

p.S: remember fotm skin droprate was terrible pre 30th april patch…

GW2 balance:

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Fractals are a joke.

Posted by: Celly.5912

Celly.5912

Did another 48 run last night, didn’t get anything, no ring of skin. That’s my SEVENTEENTH TIME IN A ROW that I didn’t get anything, from fractals 48. Yes, RNG is absolute bollocks.

Thank god I still have the blues/greenies from the chests!

[PunK]
Far Shiverpeaks
twitch.tv/awsmcelly

Fractals are a joke.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Did another 48 run last night, didn’t get anything, no ring of skin. That’s my SEVENTEENTH TIME IN A ROW that I didn’t get anything, from fractals 48. Yes, RNG is absolute bollocks.

Thank god I still have the blues/greenies from the chests!

Perhaps that’s what really needs doing. Instead of upping skin drop rate, the dungeon itself should be actually worth doing, even if you don’t get a skin/ring. They nerfed the loot tables in there WAY too hard. If you’re not after a skin/got ur fotm bags, or already have the skin you want, there’s no reason to go in there. If the skin RNG doesnt favor you, you stand to lose a really big portion of your time for poor rewards.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Fractals are a joke.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Bright in few words…..

Huh, I haven’t posted in this thread yet?

Now answer me only this point…
Wouldn’t you have a similar approach to players who spent much time in fractals having terrible loot for months?

Not fixing a broken system because people choose to use the broken system to get their rewards is a very bad argument. It’s the same reason why they fixed Legendary Defender of Ascalon and survivor in GW1. The titles were simply broken and not fun. In fact, LDoA was added as a JOKE. They never expected players to actually be able to get it… There was a lot of outcry by people that got it the broken way as well back then.

For once they’d actually fix something that is broken if they changed the system.

Don’t get me wrong, I still want fractal weapons to be somewhat hard to get, and I’d opt for no weapons <30 or even <40, or keep the RNG system at <40 or remove hardcap and add the ticket in 50+ etc. But as of right now, they are not prestigious. They are a token of luck and/or a lot of grind. Neither of which are prestigious.

You went coe/cof and made a tons moneys….i went fractals and got lot skins….

No I didn’t. I don’t run CoF ever and I haven’t done CoE in at least a week. I’ve mainly done Arah/Fractals/Random dungeons that aren’t CoF/CoE for the fun of it. None of which I would call ‘rewarding’.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Fractals are a joke.

Posted by: Plyte.8130

Plyte.8130

I have a guy in my guild who made his first 2 legendaries almost solely with loot from fractals. This was before they massively nerfed loot in fractals, he was getting 5-8 rares on average per run back in november.

He also past 1k total fractal runs, but hes never gotten a fractal skin. We pretty much farmed 28/36 daily for a month or so ( I came late, just hit 300 fractals run), I managed 3 skins, but he never got one (although over the span he found 2 precursors in there).

Fractals are a joke.

LordByron.8369

please stop this

NOBODY did 1000 fractal dailies….

and nobody did 300 runs while not having at least 10 skins….

Do not spread disinformations/urban legends…..

Do your math and you will see that doing 1000 dailies means farming fotm something like 3-4 times a day since release

Its more than a work.

And 5-8 rares are nothing worthy you can do the same by farming open pve and stuff.

GW2 balance:

Fractals are a joke.

Bright.9160

please stop this

Do your math and you will see that doing 1000 dailies means farming fotm something like 3-4 times a day since release

Its more than a work.

And 5-8 rares are nothing worthy you can do the same by farming open pve and stuff.

I think he means that he did 1000 fractal LEVELS. Like how you have the Fractal Frequenter achievement?

1000 fractal levels means 250 even runs, which would be a lot of work, but pretty manageable.

I don’t believe though that after 250 28/38 runs you haven’t gotten a skin yet. RNG in Fractals is bad, but not that bad.

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

Fractals are a joke.

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

My highest level is 18 on my ele so that’s not high but I’ve gotten tons of rings. I have done 13 dailies (1 ring and 3 relics in my inventory) and have gotten 6 rings so far. Those I have gotten after a mere 11 dailies. 1 berserker, 1 cavalier, 1 mixed stats but primarily rabid, shaman and 2 others with healing power that I don’t care about. I have been told that I’m extremely lucky in there.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

Fractals are a joke.

Posted by: LuizFeitosa.4623

LuizFeitosa.4623

120 runs fractas;
12 skins weapons;
50 rings;
An average of 1 skins every 10 runs.
Ate my average this not so bad.

Fractals are a joke.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I’ve done probably around 30 fotm runs past 20. I’ve gotten two skins, one might say lucky me, I say screw your two trident skins maw, I hate you!

Even more irony? My VERY first 20 run I got a skin. As my joy jumped through the roof, I was immediately crushed when I saw it was a trident. “Hey” I told myself “At least I’ll be cool when fighting Krait” I told myself =(

RIP in peace Robert

Fractals are a joke.

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

I think we should stop listening to Byron. He’s the one fractals runner with good luck and has already gotten all the skins he needs. He doesn’t understand that not everyone has that same amount of luck and feels that he should be the only one rewarded for his work. I’m really not trying to be insulting man but you post in every fractals thread saying the same thing and no one ever supports you because you’re the only one getting lucky enough to get the skins you want. The system is broken and needs to be fixed, period. You keep comparing it to precursors, but can’t precursors be bought at any time? You can grind cof for a few weeks and buy a precursor of your choosing, so why not be able to grind fractals for a few weeks and get a fractal weapon of your choosing? Ignore the rest of my post and answer that question please. Remember that no one is asking for free skins or skins for 10 pristine relics. We all want them to still be difficult to obtain, just not as RNG dependent.

[DnT]

Fractals are a joke.

LordByron.8369

I think we should stop listening to Byron. He’s the one fractals runner with good luck and has already gotten all the skins he needs.

300+ DAILIES
all i wanted are 2 daggers…

I m still playing daily fractals because i want them >.>

In the meantime i have few gold because i don t play cof/coe
I am low level www
I never got a prcursor
And never drop something of any Worth….

Yes i m so lucky……..i m so eghoistic…..

Also i was the one to suggest 4 skins for 1 ticket OR 1 skin plus 5 essence crystals for another random skin from MF.
Even a ticket for the first time you reach 50 with your account

But most system suggested here would just give easy skins…
And in the meantime kill FOTM population that would disappear due to low rewards..

GW2 balance:

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Fractals are a joke.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

20 Fractals level 26-38. Not a single ring. Not a single fractal weapon. This game is a joke. They can’t push out updates fast enough, unless they discover an exploit that might affect their bottom line, of course, and the fact that I can’t purchase any infused trinkets besides rings (in fractals) is a testament to the lack of universal consideration the devs are taking to the risk/time/reward system GW2 has. The only “instance” that requires any skill is the least rewarding. BTW, Renewed Justice is broken. Is it too late to request a refund?

My full bank tab of extra unused fractal rings and weapon skins disagree with you.

Fractals are a joke.

swiftpaw.6397

please stop this

Its more than a work.

About a month or so ago, I did see a guy in my party who pinged 578 pristines, I didn’t know whether to be impressed or severely depressed. Some people are srsly crazy o-o

Fractals are a joke.

Bright.9160

That could just as well have been 328 pristines. Alt click a stack twice “omg, he has 2 stacks!”…

Not saying 328 isn’t ‘impressive’ either, just saying it’s not necessarily 578.

Fractals are a joke.

Posted by: Chryzo.8906

Chryzo.8906

253 levels run, which amounts to… around 70 full FOTM, 10-20 about half, 20-30 about half and like maybe 3 lvl 30+

• 10 rings looted, 3 infused.
  • no skins (normal)
  • 1 exotic not account binded that sold for like 10 po

nothing else => i pretty much stopped doing FOTM except when one of my alt actually gets to 80 and i really do not want to craft a ring.

So i understand your pain, though I always hate RNG, seems to be on the bad end of the stick that launche the dices ^^

Fractals are a joke.

swiftpaw.6397

That could just as well have been 328 pristines. Alt click a stack twice “omg, he has 2 stacks!”…

Not saying 328 isn’t ‘impressive’ either, just saying it’s not necessarily 578.

haha that is true XD

Fractals are a joke.

Syn Sity.5826

I think we should stop listening to Byron. He’s the one fractals runner with good luck and has already gotten all the skins he needs.

300+ DAILIES
all i wanted are 2 daggers…

I m still playing daily fractals because i want them >.>

In the meantime i have few gold because i don t play cof/coe
I am low level www
I never got a prcursor
And never drop something of any Worth….

Yes i m so lucky……..i m so eghoistic…..

Also i was the one to suggest 4 skins for 1 ticket OR 1 skin plus 5 essence crystals for another random skin from MF.
Even a ticket for the first time you reach 50 with your account

But most system suggested here would just give easy skins…
And in the meantime kill FOTM population that would disappear due to low rewards..

Actually no one even posted any suggested system here yet you still felt the need to immediately assume everyone wanted easy skins and start whining. The fractal skin system was brought up and you just jumped straight to “n00bs want free skinz”. Also how do you figure it would kill the fotm population? In fact there would be a huge rush of players to fotm. You may think that it would just be a shortlived thing until everyone gets their skins but I’m quite sure people would continue to do it to continue getting skins. And with a ticket system there wouldn’t be any more skins than you already see, they would just be different skins. I’m sorry but I just really don’t see the downside to this. Even if you really are just bitter and want to be the only one with skins(which I doubt), then unlucky people are still gonna get unlucky and get very few tickets. But I’m going to assume you’re going to respond irrationally and illogically, and just abandon this thread, I hope you can see things from the other side one day.

[DnT]

Fractals are a joke.

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Personal is 33. They actually drop after 20. I have 40 Pristine Relics. One warhorn fractal skin and I have spent 20 Pristine’s on 2 rings. So in 60 runs, I have had one fractal skin. What a joke. If the devs won’t increase the drop rate, at least let me spend my relics on skins and/or earrings or amulets. Same argument for months now.

You haven’t got a ring after 20 fractals? Don’t blame ya because I haven’t been getting rings lately either and its starting to kitten me off as well.

Fractals are a joke.

LordByron.8369

Actually no one even posted any suggested system here yet you still felt the need to immediately assume everyone wanted easy skins

3 thread about skins were opened the same day…
This derailed to be one of them…

You can clearly see people asking to get fractal tickets (i.e. easy skins), skins for 10-20 pristines…..and stuff like that.

We discussed the issue of the randomness months ago actually proposing lot of balanced solution…

Obvioulsy ignored.

GW2 balance:

Fractals are a joke.

Syn Sity.5826

Actually no one even posted any suggested system here yet you still felt the need to immediately assume everyone wanted easy skins

3 thread about skins were opened the same day…
This derailed to be one of them…

You can clearly see people asking to get fractal tickets (i.e. easy skins), skins for 10-20 pristines…..and stuff like that.

We discussed the issue of the randomness months ago actually proposing lot of balanced solution…

Obvioulsy ignored.

I just don’t get how fractal tickets make easy skins? It just means instead of having 5 warhorns you can get the skins you want, it wouldn’t decrease the rarity of fractal weapons as a whole.

[DnT]

Fractals are a joke.

LordByron.8369

already discussed and fractal players knows why you are wrong…

Just look at droprates of “random skins” change it with tickets and getting skins get super easy.

GW2 balance:

Fractals are a joke.

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

• x2 characters lvl 50 fotm
  • 218 pristine relics (have spent like 20 pristine to get 2 rings long way back)
  • 23 skins
  • x2+ bank slots full of rings.
    Poor because fotm doesn’t reward like a mindless CoF.
    The problem of Arenanet is basically they seem not able to put a balance between something with awful droprate and something too common.
    To not even mention the rewarding system in gold terms, doh…
Nexon = Advanced Cancer

Fractals are a joke.

LordByron.8369

• x2 characters lvl 50 fotm
  • 218 pristine relics (have spent like 20 pristine to get 2 rings long way back)
  • 23 skins
  • x2+ bank slots full of rings.
    Poor because fotm doesn’t reward like a mindless CoF.
    The problem of Arenanet is basically they seem not able to put a balance between something with awful droprate and something too common.

you forgot:

*low achievement points

But the issue in fotm are even worse than the droprate.
Its mostly the dropLIST

An open world boss gives nice exotic/rares with cool skins that wort a lot
FOTM: gives karma ACCOUNT Bound exotic without even sigils/runes….same for rares.

GW2 balance:

Fractals are a joke.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I completely agree. My worry is that they will nerf CoF without buffing fotm.

RIP in peace Robert

Fractals are a joke.

Escher.5342

Just a reminder that fractals are indeed a joke. Carry on.

Fractals are a joke.

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

I actually forgot this dungeon gave things besides the guaranteed 1 Pristine Relic.

Fractals are a joke.

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

• about 220 runs
  • 108 rekucts
  • 2 skins
  • about 35 rings
  • much fun
  • yeah it was worth it
[rT]