Fractals as solution to one time content.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

The story behind Fractals is that it is supposed to be grabbing sections of the past and letting us interact with them now.
So I would think that to enhance it and preserve one time content after a temporary event ends parts of it could be added to the fractals rotation. For example this new dungeon, if it truly is going away completely and forever, Simply strip the dungeon down to just leading the prisoners out and the final boss and add it into the rotation of fractals. Another example could be a trimmed down version of the karka event. (I for one missed it and would love to have at least saw it.)

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

You know I usually read these boards and people’s suggestions and just shake my head and wonder how people come up with such silly ideas; but this idea is absolutely brilliant; I hope A-net looks at it.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

From the General Discussion forums:

Colin will there ever be a part of Fractals that allow us to play a recap of old content?
Stuff like that would be a win-win for those who want Fractals and others who long to play older stuff as well.

When I said we could update or change an existing dungeon, updating fractals in the future is one of the options that’s fully possible yes. And of course since fractals lets us experience moments trapped in time….it’s entirely possible some content may make its way there as part of a living world update.

Darkorical.9213

Thanks for the quote maddoctor. Here is hoping that they do it.

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I’d really like to see this as well as some old GW1 dungeons or content. Fractals has pretty much limitless potential

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

I like this idea as well. And as said right above me ^^, the cool thing about fractals is they do have limitless potential based on the design.

Darkorical.9213

hehe I wonder how the shiro/lich fight from nightfall would play out inside fractals if we got to relive it

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

That’s actually a brilliant idea. Maybe too brilliant for these devs though.

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

Yep I agree I would love to see a reworked version of the Molten Facility added to the Fractals in about a months time, after a bit of a break.