Fractals bugged - different instances

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Alex.2908

Alex.2908

Hi, i have, after the big update, a problem with the fractals, i can not join them, i always get the message to start another fractal even though people from my party are already inside. I can even create fractals level 50 even though i am level 33 for now. I have tried everything, reconnecting, waypointing all over the map, rerolling, etc. Any ideas how can i fix this? i always have to start the fractal myself and to join first even though some players invite me on 2nd or 3rd fractal.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Are you trying to walk through the portal or are you clickiing the enter fractal pop up? The window has been popping up in the bottom left corner of my screen for me so you might not have been realizing the join window is there.

(edited by Enko.6123)

Alex.2908

On both windows i get the same result. If i try to enter the portal i get to start a new fractal with max my personal level while if i use the pop up window i cant start a fractal with level 50, but i still can not join the fractal with my friends.

Alex.2908

I wonder what other bugs will they add in the expansion

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

I get this every so often and one of my guild members gets this A LOT. He has to leave party and rejoin to get the correct instance.

I noticed another weird bug that might be related: sometimes a party member will create an instance above their own personal level (thanks to a higher-leveled member in party), but the instance will be created at the member’s personal level, not the (higher) chosen level.

Clarifying example: party is made up of personal scales 50, 50, and 34. Personal Level 34 player opens a 50. Instance reverts to 34.

Weird bugs lately.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

This bug tends to happen to players who are playing on a server different from their own region i.e. a Brit playing on NA servers. For some reason the servers get confused and think your playing on eu (or na for the opposite case) preventing you from joining their instance. The easiest fix for it is to always start your own instance then inviting members in or closing down your client completely. As to the level resetting thing they can open a 50 but as long as soon as they hit a loading screen (for example rolling for swamp) it resets to their personal level.

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: Umaru.2634

Umaru.2634

I don’t know what happen but this happen to me since yesterday. If my party is already inside the fractal, I won’t be able to join them.
Things happen in this order:
1. I join a party in LFG, a new fractal level selection window pop up in the middle of my screen, can only set to my max level (Like if I’m level 18, and join a level 19, I can’t set it to 19)
2. I will try to walk to the Asura gate, same thing ^
3. I will try to WP far away in LA, the same window pop up but at the bottom left of my screen, no idea why
4. I have to try to find a group that not already in fractal (Still in LA) or make a group myself
5. Or I just rage quit.
This is so annoying, especially with the unstable connection till latest patch, it’s impossible to complete a fractal now without the fear of getting dc and can’t rejoin.

Posted by: Bohantopa.5729

Bohantopa.5729

I don’t know what happen but this happen to me since yesterday. If my party is already inside the fractal, I won’t be able to join them.
1. I join a party in LFG, a new fractal level selection window pop up in the middle of my screen, can only set to my max level (Like if I’m level 18, and join a level 19, I can’t set it to 19)
3. I will try to WP far away in LA, the same window pop up but at the bottom left of my screen, no idea why
4. I have to try to find a group that not already in fractal (Still in LA) or make a group myself
5. Or I just rage quit.
This is so annoying, especially with the unstable connection till latest patch, it’s impossible to complete a fractal now without the fear of getting dc and can’t rejoin.

Even if it’s the selection window and not the join window you’ll still join your party if it was a port popup (does not work with the window you get from running into fractals).

Posted by: Umaru.2634

Umaru.2634

5. Or I just rage quit.

Even if it’s the selection window and not the join window you’ll still join your party if it was a port popup (does not work with the window you get from running into fractals).

Nope, if I press enter Fractal, it basically a new instance for only me, at the area with the Golem merchants and the gate to fractals.

Posted by: Bohantopa.5729

Bohantopa.5729

Nope, if I press enter Fractal, it basically a new instance for only me, at the area with the Golem merchants and the gate to fractals.

That’s strange. I always get to the group if I click on enter (and yes I often get the bug of the wrong window popping up). Also everyone I give that tip when I open (and they cry “you wrote lvl xx why is yy open”) always ended up in my instance unless they ran into the portal and clicked enter on that popup.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

you can leave the party and get reinvited to try to get around this, although the success rate is not 100%. sometimes something as simple as going to a different waypoint in LA will correct the issue.

until it is actually fixed, the safest course is to just start your own instance, put up an LFG, and let someone else run into the problem.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Gremlinboy.8324

Gremlinboy.8324

Bump, exact same problem as Umaru is having. It’s been happening for about 5 days now

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

after the 4 aug, 2015 patch, i get a crash to desktop every time i try to enter the fractals, solo, party, doesn’t matter. no error code. it’s almost like the fractal portal became Alt-F4 instead. very frustrating…

– The Baconnaire