Fractals bugged mobs DMG went up in the sky

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: tAzz.8497

tAzz.8497

Just had a FOTM49 run, that takes us like 1h to do daily, but today was the most shiasdjnasda run i ever had
Same team same friends etc
1st Swamp – why kite Mossman when wolfs can kill , yea that right wolfs had so much dmg that each player went down from wolfs atleast 1 time. But np its swamp we made it

2nd Molten Furnace – this was like 1 hit 1 down system was so much fun geez we want 10 more like this. Lets move on

3rd Underground Facility (Dredge) – Geez thx RNG for another nice fractal. We all know the pain in the ars dredge can be but we made it 100 times before lets go.
BUT WAIT THE DMG FROM MOBS IS STILL UP TO THE SKY. Np 1h+ here just for the fun of it.

Bonus Captain Mai Trin Boss Fractal – we went inside blablbla boss agroes 1st time, in 10 seconds we are all dead with 2 guards 2 warrs 1 mesmer condition removal for 100 yeas to come but who cares; 85 ar np JUST DIE

2.5h run wasnt that bad because we all know how pugs do it, but cmon the damage mobs had was KITTEN. Dont ask me why, we went in with usual builds and setup BUT THIS WAS kittenED

Thx Anet for a wonderfull experience, we love the buggs hope this is not going to happen for 1 month now as we love to run fractals. Keep up the good work.

Btw, when is my warden going to spin ? anytime 2014 ?

Oh ive forgot: the best drop was a precision healer tank condition dmg type ring. Best in slot for such a nice run

(edited by tAzz.8497)

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

k

/15 characters

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

15 Quaggans strong.

Attachments:

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Kitten you Saint, kitten you Sander. It’s not how you should answer the OP.

1st Swamp – everything will one-shot or two-shot you
2nd Molten Furnace – everything will one-shot or two-shot you
3rd Underground Facility (Dredge) – everything will one-shot or two-shot you
Bonus Captain Mai Trin Boss Fractal – everything will one-shot or two-shot you

The reason is all the mob at fotm level 49 have higher level than you. A normal one is already level 82-83. Remember how the Risen in Cursed Shore nearly one-shot you if you’re level 75 or so and set foot there for a first time? Yeah, it works that way. The scaling system is a bit mysterious but it’s not a bug.

It is a FEATURE.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: tAzz.8497

tAzz.8497

Not like i expect any “real answer” to my rage/troll post, guess i just wanted to see if anyone else had this FEATURE in fotm.
Used to farm fotm with 4 chars at lvl49, 7 back pieces from fractals, like 40 fotm bags, done 50 plenty of times, some of us solo arah daily so we are not ur average joe hitting the dungeons for the 1st time. I think i/we know what fractals are and how mobs hit at this lvl.

Its the fact that we went inside expecting a 45min -1h run like always and then u get pwned by kitteng wolfs.
Something wasnt right and it was the dmg mobs had. And btw bosses were not a problem except Mai Trin.

back to the 15 characters …

Iris Ng.9845

Dude, I’ve told ya. The scaling system is a mysterious creature (after the feature patch). If it soothes you, you can always get your revenge in AC.

An average run of 45 mins to 1 hour at level 49 is … I don’t know, rolling eyes… and solo Arah daily isn’t a better indicator either. I have seen people who don’t follow meta, never set foot to Arah yet have done a wonderful job in fotm. I also have seen guildies selling Arah daily yet wiping the floor with their warriors even faster than my ele at a boss in fotm. So our best bet is to adapt, I suppose.

P.S.: I got my shiny backpiece when I was around level 30-ish. By the time I hit 49, I have enough to make a second and a third one as well. It isn’t a skill indicator either…

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I would still like to see any evidence to support this.

Iris Ng.9845

You mean me? Personally, I always get one-shot it doesn’t matter pre-patch or post-patch. So I only make an assumption if what OP said is true.

Posted by: Intuneric.7652

Intuneric.7652

An average run of 45 mins to 1 hour at level 49 is … I don’t know, rolling eyes

Wait .. you lost me.. how is this not an indicator ?
Point is.. i run fotm 49 today like i always do but suddenly the mobs decided to do double damage than my previous 49 runs. Whats this bug has to do with people being good or bad at fractals ? role eyes more you’re clearly on point

Wethospu.6437

You mean me? Personally, I always get one-shot it doesn’t matter pre-patch or post-patch. So I only make an assumption if what OP said is true.

Subject doesn’t really matter. I just like evidence.

Intuneric.7652

Too bad i didnt record. Example: Rabsovich hitting for 10k with his regular non tremor attack

Iris Ng.9845

Before and after the ‘mobs are hitting stronger’ feel?

Sorry, Weth, I have no ways to present you the evidence. Pay me no mind please.

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

The doctor who healed his own wounds.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

Sadly I can’t give you any actual evidence, but I’ve been hit for 19k+ by ascalonian archer basic attack in fotm 49 after ferocity patch on either warrior or ranger, can’t remember exactly.

I suspect ferocity change also effected crit dmg value of certain (high lvl?) mobs, but haven’t ran any further testing. Possibly something similar to what they broke with npcs in spvp at least, also don’t know if it was fixed when illusions etc. got fixed.

Intuneric.7652

I suspect ferocity change also effected crit dmg value of certain (high lvl?) mobs, but haven’t ran any further testing. Possibly something similar to what they broke with npcs in spvp at least, also don’t know if it was fixed when illusions etc. got fixed.

I dont think so, if the crit damage was changed for the mobs that would mean you’d received the same amount of damage each run. My theory is that entering and exiting fractals too many times in a row (like when you’re searching for swamp) is sometimes bugging the difficulty scale. Could be something else, no idea

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I’m guessing that the old crit damage was only based on the attacker’s crit damage stat. I’m guessing that ferocity is modified the relative levels of the attacker and the defender, then converted into the critical damage bonus. The result would be bigger crits against lower level targets and lower crits against higher level targets.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

I’m guessing that the old crit damage was only based on the attacker’s crit damage stat. I’m guessing that ferocity is modified the relative levels of the attacker and the defender, then converted into the critical damage bonus. The result would be bigger crits against lower level targets and lower crits against higher level targets.

This kinda makes sense.

Ferocity made lower level dungeons much shorter and higher levels a little longer. So basically, if mobs have Ferocity now, that might be the reason they hit us harder.
It’s not that bad, though, we used to get two-shot by them, now we’re getting 1shot. No biggie.

Wethospu.6437

Sadly I can’t give you any actual evidence, but I’ve been hit for 19k+ by ascalonian archer basic attack in fotm 49 after ferocity patch on either warrior or ranger, can’t remember exactly.

That is still pretty vague. With 25 Might stacks enemies probably hit very hard, especially if they crit.

Not true. I have tested this and lvl 83 enemies also have 150% criticals.

Edit: After Ferocity patch so enemies have 0 Ferocity.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

I know, I just can’t remember being hit for that much by archers in the past. I think they didn’t hit that hard even at lvl 80 (maybe with crits), and even lvl 49 was scaled down when we got reset.

Have you tested crit dmg value after ferocity patch or only before? My though was they might have had base crit dmg of 150% when there was no ferocity, but with the change mobs got a ferocity value related to their health, much like their power values etc are (I’d imagine).

I’m fully aware you have explored stuff like this a lot more than I have and nowadays I don’t even have the amount practical experience I used to have.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

50.000 tentacle attack…
Something is bugged.

As i said sometimes damage is totally awkward since at 20 you can have mobs hitting for more than 50.

And the fact you can actually win the fractals anyway is not a good excuse to not fix it.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

50.000 tentacle attack…
Something is bugged.

I will refrain from calling bs, as you might be actually telling the truth, but I will also refuse to believe this without any sort of proof, namely a screenshot.

LordByron.8369

50.000 tentacle attack…
Something is bugged.

I will refrain from calling bs, as you might be actually telling the truth, but I will also refuse to believe this without any sort of proof, namely a screenshot.

Well since there are many threads about that….
i am not really interested about your beliefs.

I m more interested that the people who can verify easily (see Devs) checks it.
Because its easily noticeable in some lower levels runs.

Aside the fact that is almost proven (reddit) that even droprates are totally bugged and almost everyone goes 3X because 50 never drops anything…

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Iris Ng.9845

Drop rate is reported bug with a solid research data to back up the claim. If you think the damage is bugged, report it with your proof. Nothing will be done with a wild guess on the forum.

LordByron.8369

To tell the truth its possibly not even a bug.

Prefractured you randomly had harder fractals.

This is possibly the fourth time i post it but you randomly had fractals with increased damage and mob spawns you usually didn t have:

example:
you had bats in lava rocks corridor in lava fractals
you had huge dredge zergs roaming just near spawnpoints
and many other stuff

It didn t impact boss damage, just everything else.

It was usually coupled with damage increase.

Since fractured, the spawn changes disappeared…but some weird dps increase from trash mobs etc is still there (and have nothing to do with instabilities).

And once again is not “a guess”.

GW2 balance:

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

To be fair I agree that the damage went up the sky…

I mean the damage floaters do go up while floating :/

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Maybe it was your party makeup. Or synergy between your builds. I often run 49 with pugs under an hour, sometimes without a single death. And yet, there was a known group on 38 a few days back where all of us just kept dying despite having two guardians in the group. It happens.

#puglife #l2p #l2dodge #stfu

Dragonbrand

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

All the reason not to bother anymore, along with there being no rewards.

It baffles me how many things they’ve managed to inadvertently kitten up between Arah boss encounters bugging like nobody’s business and now apparently this. ._.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

I guess most ppl miss the 25 stacks of might that every mob has in FOTM49. That plus they’re at least 2 levels higher than you means omfgwtfbbqdmg!

Urban fractal with the rushing warriors is painful. Not quite as bad as dredge but can be a surprise. Sadly, it doesn’t look like you can boon steal them either.

Intuneric.7652

I can confirm this bug only happens if you have a guy named Gebediah in your group, otherwise mobs dmg is fine.

Wethospu.6437

I can confirm this bug only happens if you have a guy named Gebediah in your group, otherwise mobs dmg is fine.

Confirmed.