Fractals now capped at 39.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

Is there a hardcap on fractals now? Apparently Maw does endless Agony even on ressing at 50+.

Is this a bug or can we all pack up and go home?

Posted by: Nibiru.1423

Nibiru.1423

try again when you have 40ar, with amulet maybe?

Magic Find + Common Sense + Consideration = Happy Party + Nice Loot

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

You can still live through the Agony at level 40. Level 40 Agony is 72% health every second, before Agony Resist. With 30 AR, it reduces the damage to 36% hp/second, which you can survive with enough healing.

Level 50 is impossible because it is 1172% a second.

DancingPenguins.9875

try again when you have 40ar, with amulet maybe?

40 AR won’t keep you alive at 50. It’s stupid they put a hard cap on this.

Posted by: Nibiru.1423

Nibiru.1423

hasnt this always been the same yet people have reached 80, i dont think Anet intended on anyone reaching 50+ yet. Its all part of there slowly adding more ascended gear train.

Magic Find + Common Sense + Consideration = Happy Party + Nice Loot

Posted by: xplode.6903

xplode.6903

hello guys i finaly found a grp to get a progress at level 43 … and second map was dredge with final boss ice elemental hmm any1 have any idea how can u survive the agony i mean u cant even dodge it .. is it a abug or u have to wait untill u get amulet 30 days / or we have to find exploit..

DancingPenguins.9875

hello guys i finaly found a grp to get a progress at level 43 … and second map was dredge with final boss ice elemental hmm any1 have any idea how can u survive the agony i mean u cant even dodge it .. is it a abug or u have to wait untill u get amulet 30 days / or we have to find exploit..

Nope, good luck with that. Hard capped.

xplode.6903

what u mean mate?

Posted by: Jzl.8715

Jzl.8715

Some personal input here.

My team and I are currently sitting at level 56 in fractals. We quite enjoyed the process of leveling up, and the rise in challenge moving past 50 is quite engaging. Since level 50+ we have been using revive orbs. So I guess I have to talk about the Jade Maw fight, and why I didn’t have so much problem with buying a few orbs before:

Jade Maw is never considered by us as a hard fight, in fact it is incredibly easy. So we don’t see it as a challenging part of moving up the level in fractals. My team basically came into an agreement that we will just pay 1g to whoever is buying an orb. The money didn’t quite bother us, and we see it just part of the expense of progressing. The Jade maw fight before has some issue. If we consider the most effective strategies to be exploits, (99%, ranger, orb), which I think they are, there aren’t really much other reliable strategies. This is why I don’t understand the system in the first place, being:

Why using such a nonsensible method to hard cap content?

This didn’t bother us all that much before, because like I said, this is an easy fight after all, we take the previous 3 fractals as the challenging part.

Now I just put our planned level 56 run tonight on hold because I heard from multiple sources that there are currently no way of getting past the Jade Maw fight. Fixing exploits and things that are considered as bugs are fine, but then this brings me back to the original question: Why such a weird kind of hard cap? We already know that fractal goes to at least level 80, why not just let the people willing to progress do so? If not, then wouldn’t it make more sense just to cap it at say 50, and then 60 and so on with the release of new gear?

I still fail to see the reason behind absolutely halting any progress. Unless level 80 was supposed to be only reached with full ascendent and ar, but then that was also ridiculous. I was anticipating some kind of valid mechanic to get around orbing and pet rezzing, so I do anticipate the current status is not what in intended.

But at the end of the day we haven’t really ever heard any official statements with the level of fractals and the intention of Jade Maw agony mechanic. Hope this time around we get some feedback.

EDIT 1: Got a tip from a friend who just finished 42 with 99%, seems like there are some false info flying around or it has been hotfixed in the build around half an hour ago.

[PLUM] – SOR

(edited by Jzl.8715)

Posted by: soulcakeduck.7036

soulcakeduck.7036

what u mean mate?

Which part was confusing? He means: no. It is hard capped now.

xplode.6903

i cant understand the ‘’ hard capped now’’ make it clear ..WAIT till they fix… WAIT till amulet ?

Posted by: Stigma.7869

Stigma.7869

It’s because at lv 40, the maximum amount of Agony Resist in the game (30 AR) wasn’t enough to mitigate the Jade Maw trigger event agony attack. People had to use a trick to revive themselves afterwards in order to let the team survive.

However, after the patch, Agony hits everyone again after they rezzed which is kinda ridiculous.

To be more exactly Fractals is hard capped at 50 since as ppl have pointed out in previous threads, there are other ways to heal and survive the Fractal 40-49 Agony attack w/o resorting to the trick.

The amulet, however many AR will be in it would let us get to Fractal 50 maybe, where we are capped again. They are bottle necking players so they can keep the rest of us from reaching Fractal 81 until they release the full 400+ AR armor set….

When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Posted by: Prowler.2589

Prowler.2589

Some personal input here.

My team and I are currently sitting at level 56 in fractals. We quite enjoyed the process of leveling up, and the rise in challenge moving past 50 is quite engaging. Since level 50+ we have been using revive orbs. So I guess I have to talk about the Jade Maw fight, and why I didn’t have so much problem with buying a few orbs before:

Jade Maw is never considered by us as a hard fight, in fact it is incredibly easy. So we don’t see it as a challenging part of moving up the level in fractals. My team basically came into an agreement that we will just pay 1g to whoever is buying an orb. The money didn’t quite bother us, and we see it just part of the expense of progressing. The Jade maw fight before has some issue. If we consider the most effective strategies to be exploits, (99%, ranger, orb), which I think they are, there aren’t really much other reliable strategies. This is why I don’t understand the system in the first place, being:

Why using such a nonsensible method to hard cap content?

This didn’t bother us all that much before, because like I said, this is an easy fight after all, we take the previous 3 fractals as the challenging part.

Now I just put our planned level 56 run tonight on hold because I heard from multiple sources that there are currently no way of getting past the Jade Maw fight. Fixing exploits and things that are considered as bugs are fine, but then this brings me back to the original question: Why such a weird kind of hard cap? We already know that fractal goes to at least level 80, why not just let the people willing to progress do so? If not, then wouldn’t it make more sense just to cap it at say 50, and then 60 and so on with the release of new gear?

I still fail to see the reason behind absolutely halting any progress. Unless level 80 was supposed to be only reached with full ascendent and ar, but then that was also ridiculous. I was anticipating some kind of valid mechanic to get around orbing and pet rezzing, so I do anticipate the current status is not what in intended.

But at the end of the day we haven’t really ever heard any official statements with the level of fractals and the intention of Jade Maw agony mechanic. Hope this time around we get some feedback.

EDIT 1: Got a tip from a friend who just finished 42 with 99%, seems like there are some false info flying around or it has been hotfixed in the build around half an hour ago.

So is this fixed or not? I don’t want to spend 2 hours into level 50+ and get stuck at jade maw when I get home. Can anyone verify this?

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

So is this fixed or not? I don’t want to spend 2 hours into level 50+ and get stuck at jade maw when I get home. Can anyone verify this?

I’ve seen reports of 99% still working.

Res Orb and Infinite Agony on res, honestly seems like a bug. If you want to play it safe, wait till tomorrow as more info comes out and the devs wake up.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

xplode.6903

okey so this means we have to wait or be lucky i really cant understand what we have to do …. arhghhghg this is pathetic 1 month away from fractals?xD

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

okey so this means we have to wait or be lucky i really cant understand what we have to do …. arhghhghg this is pathetic 1 month away from fractals?xD

It means that, as has been reported but with no verification from my personal self, that the 99% trick for surviving works just fine. But until we get some more people running at 50+ to try it, we don’t have enough info to confirm or otherwise.

Res Orbs and Pets, however, do not work. At all. As you get infinite agony.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

xplode.6903

thanks mate … but they really messed up … i believe is time to open a beta or something so players can try new mechanics before they add without testing it

Posted by: McDili.1549

McDili.1549

Maybe this is just temporary, to get more players into doing fractals.

I for one quit GW2 back in November and just got back into it about 3 weeks ago.

Just did my very first fractal 3 days ago, gotta say it’s not easy finding groups to do the low fractals. People only want the high dailies, and I mean I don’t blame them.

But people like me are having a hard time getting up there just because not that many people are doing it. I would imagine, if you guys want a lot more players up there doing the 30-50 Fractals, you could jump in and do some lower ones with them? I mean why not, right? You can’t get past 50 so you might as well. Besides, you can set the bar, you aren’t limited by the player with the lowest fractal level. You gotta take AR into account though.

xplode.6903

u are right i mean tomorrow i will do 20/ 30 daily i aint even try making 40+ daily and sure i will start helping lowest level but when they reach 40 then what ?:P we will be like 1 milion waiting for amulet or some update in fractal? this isnt progress:p

DancingPenguins.9875

I’ve seen reports of 99% still working.

Res Orb and Infinite Agony on res, honestly seems like a bug. If you want to play it safe, wait till tomorrow as more info comes out and the devs wake up.

Inside source said update made sure 99% won’t work over 40+ as it’s considered an exploit along with res orb and ranger res.

However, I see a single scenario where the 99% would work. It’s a high risk situation where you have to repeat it twice, which makes it unreliable. Unfortunately, I very much don’t want to waste hours only to screw up this scenario and fail at Maw.

Posted by: Jinxey.4173

Jinxey.4173

Actually 50 isn’t the Fractals cap, there is a video of people hitting fractals level 73, here is a video of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Oi1ycdp4U

Jinxey [UM]
Officer of The Unholy Mackerels

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

did u notice they increased difficulty for fractals >.>

20 is now almost like 30 …

i suppose while putting a hardcap they increased difficulty accordingly….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

We just run lvl 40 Maw – pet rez and revive orbs both work just fine. You still can totally exploit any lvl of fractal if you have a ranger or gems

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

(edited by Skady.5916)

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

Hopefully they’ll eventually just realize that Agony was a bad design choice in the first place.