Fractals of The Mists Upcoming Segregation

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Based on my play time in the original Guild Wars, I wish to understand how the possible segregation of players without a specific amount of equipment could come along if any.

The original Guild Wars for groups for underworld ended up having people required to have a set amount of Ghastly Summoning Stones to prove how many times/how experienced you were in your path/the underworld run. Now this was usually required for speed-clears which aren’t as fast as they were there in the original game.

What’s to stop players from requiring item pings of the amount of fractal / pristine relics / infused rings etc to leave out the other players attempting to actually acquire enough relics to get the rings / drops to infuse in the first place?

Regardless of the upcoming patch that may allow more free-group-joining for different levels, they’re going to find a way to be elitists.

Thoughts?…

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

This has been discussed to death, in short, the only thing that is going to happen is gear checks.

Posted by: Stigma.7869

Stigma.7869

I’m not too big of a fan of it but this already happens in Arah. Parties ask for a gear check before entering and kick whoever they think will be a liability. I’ve been in parties and seen this happen multiple times and there are plenty of times players don’t pass this screening as they get filtered out for having masterwork or rare armor or some weird stat dungeon armor that makes sense for their class or with nonsensical runes, etc.

I’m happy about the new Fractals patch as it will help forming parties easier. Gear checks won’t solve this problem when it comes to Fractals 1-81. I can see that on the flipside, that a Lv 40 Frac player being in a Fractal 50 party doing Fractal 50, he’ll be a liability as he hasn’t paid his dues -he didn’t spend 40-50 honing his skills and gaining more experience of running the dungeon. Anything greater than a 5 Fractal lvl gap is a bit much. A 20 level gap is even greater. The Frac 70 player would’ve perfected his Fractal micro-ing ability and strategies ar more than a Frac 50 player as well.

At least before in normal dungeons, using masterwork or rare armor doesn’t mean much as you can easily make it up with player skill. Therefore I don’t mind running dungeons with players who don’t have full Exotics.

Fractals is a different story. If i’m running Fractal 60 why would I party with players who haven’t even reached Fractal 40? Another problem is that there is no way to verify that they aren’t lying about their level either. So in reality it’s more dangerous for the higher tier players than simply pitying the lower tier players who feel kitten.

When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

(edited by Stigma.7869)

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

Another problem is that there is no way to verify that they aren’t lying about their level either. So in reality it’s more dangerous for the higher tier players than simply pitying the lower tier players who feel kitten.

There is probably going to be a lot more kicking and crying on the forum about being kicked.

In all likelihood though, ANet will probably have changed the ready check to display max player scale by then. At least that’s my sincere hope. The dungeon forum will be terrible otherwise.

Posted by: WebFerret.6270

WebFerret.6270

Gear isn’t the biggest issue, though one of them. (Anyone with half a brain can be equipped decently at 80)

Personally after being away from GW2 for a whiles due to work commitments, I return to this FotM dungeon and see 99% of players are well and truly into lvl 40+ of this endless dungeon. I sit in Lions Arch and can lfg for hours to try and get my first run in there and still have not zoned in.

Imo FotM was a huge mistake regardless for GW2 as there isn’t a soul in the high level zones much anymore, events go by with no one to combat them etc, so pretty much has me looking elsewhere once again for another MMO. This is only my view and sure to be a hassle for anyone new coming along in the future.

They might as well, just continue dumping dungeons in LA and removing the rest of the world, since that’s where everyone sits flooding chat with LFG’s.

And I also agree if I was lvl 50+ in FotM I would also find it hard to run lower tier since the rewards are not worth it yada yada. This is the biggest error GW2 has made and is a shame really.

But currently I am still trying to get some FotM tiers done to keep me focused and hopefully to continue playing. Time will tell. (Yes I am on a very busy server)

Cheers

Ferret

Posted by: Sanel.5603

Sanel.5603

Gear isn’t the biggest issue, though one of them. (Anyone with half a brain can be equipped decently at 80)

Personally after being away from GW2 for a whiles due to work commitments, I return to this FotM dungeon and see 99% of players are well and truly into lvl 40+ of this endless dungeon. I sit in Lions Arch and can lfg for hours to try and get my first run in there and still have not zoned in.

Imo FotM was a huge mistake regardless for GW2 as there isn’t a soul in the high level zones much anymore, events go by with no one to combat them etc, so pretty much has me looking elsewhere once again for another MMO. This is only my view and sure to be a hassle for anyone new coming along in the future.

They might as well, just continue dumping dungeons in LA and removing the rest of the world, since that’s where everyone sits flooding chat with LFG’s.

And I also agree if I was lvl 50+ in FotM I would also find it hard to run lower tier since the rewards are not worth it yada yada. This is the biggest error GW2 has made and is a shame really.

But currently I am still trying to get some FotM tiers done to keep me focused and hopefully to continue playing. Time will tell. (Yes I am on a very busy server)

Cheers

Ferret

Hello Ferret,

If you have trouble with FOTM i would sugest to try www.gw2lfg.com, its nice way of finding groups. Most of us already do it with LFG.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

a couple of infos…

In the past playing lvl 20 + was quite easy due to people being experienced..

Now lot of players undergeared and moreover underexperienced are sitting at 26-30 making lot of groups fail at lava stage -.- (if you cannot do that without 2 guardians play lower lvl fractals….reward is even worse than 20-24).

I really doubt we will see so many players at 30-40-50 because as they are now they requires not only skills but also particular classes and builds…. (hint: opposite to what they say they don t use AoE).

Also with upcoming patch you will be able to join upper levels, it means that with 0 AR you can play 1-10, with 5-10 AR you can play easily 10-20, with 20-25 you can play 20-30.

The real problem will be that we will see even more undergeared/unexperienced players join higher lvl fractals :|

And before someone say i am an elitist i just say its not so, its called respect….
I know i have issues with lava shaman 30+ so i stay in 20-29 until i can evade his shots 100% >.> rather than trying to find a Group that take me to higher level where i could be a burden.

The proof most players lack that type of education is already common as i said in 20-30…..

So i completely agree on gear check b4 fractals……

P.S. remember you don t need to get to lvl 40 fotm ….lvl 10 is more than enough.
Lvl 30 + is not for everybody AR or not
And this comes from a player that despite experience and 500+ consider himself not ready for 30+

P.P.S. also it seems 20-24 rewards are better than 25-30 >.>….it was already so a month ago due to a bug…and imho they didn t fix it properly…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

DancingPenguins.9875

I return to this FotM dungeon and see 99% of players are well and truly into lvl 40+ of this endless dungeon.

I’m quoting this one because it’s funny, no doubt many people will enjoy this one. Not going to say anything else about it.

I sit in Lions Arch and can lfg for hours to try and get my first run in there and still have not zoned in.

gw2lfg.com <——- Use it to find groups for ANYTHING in GW2. Seriously, use it. Millions of uses over the past 2 months can’t be wrong.

Correlation does not equal causation. Most people have gone through the same events and same maps. You can only farm Orr for so long without giving up on the game. Fractals was a carrot to lure people from SWTOR going F2P and it worked in keeping a lot of people from leaving GW2.

The designs are also a step in the right direction in many ways, most of which this forum has covered to death. The only complaints are in the technical execution, which is also covered to death on the forum.

You are just feeling left out. Other people felt like this too. They either found people to play with, other things to do in game or moved on. Start by finding a better guild, use gw2lfg.com, get familiar with the state of GW2 again.

Alternatively, there’s no subscription fee, just leave the game till you want to play again. Nobody is forcing you to play. Nobody is going to specifically make the game to your liking. It’s a take it or leave it situation. Decide for yourself to stay or leave, complaining about it won’t do you much good.

DancingPenguins.9875

The real problem will be that we will see even more undergeared/unexperienced players join higher lvl fractals :|

There’s no incentive other than accidental joins. You play a much more difficult game for the same loot, seems counterproductive. I’m fairly sure you can kick after the patch and bring in replacements, so there’s that.

Posted by: Kid Taylor.5479

Kid Taylor.5479

What I think will happen is that people who run fractals will separate themselves into tiers. There are two types of players: People who are in it for the level advancement, and people who are in it for the farm/dailies. Such a system will benefit both.

For example, the first tier would be 1-9, so people of that range will play with each other. If the difficulty scale is set at 9 at highest, people lower than 9 will be able to advance, and people who want to get some easy relics will still be satisfied as the difficulty difference is negligible.

The second tier would be 10-15/20. At this point, agony starts to take effect, and people who are doing this tier are starting out to acquire ascended rings. Dailies would also give pristine relics, so setting the difficulty at 16/20 would allow people who want to advance and get daily rewards to group together at the same time.

Ideally, each tier would be separated by a significant change in mechanics that increase the difficulty in completing the fractal. Since I have not played fractals much, I am unsure of the difficulty changes as fractals go beyond the level 30 ranges.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

There’s no incentive other than accidental joins. You play a much more difficult game for the same loot, seems counterproductive. I’m fairly sure you can kick after the patch and bring in replacements, so there’s that.

actually daily rewanrds do change…
Also you should tell that to all those people constantly dying at lava stage….
Yesterday i got a lvl26 Group that wiped 3 times at ice, and could not even complete 1st shaman encounter…

No DPS no survivability .-. i had to refuse trying again…there was really no point, one of them got there withotu AR at all (without the skill to compensate also)…but i wonder what are they doing at 26…….also how did they get there.

1 month ago i had 99,9999999% success in fotm 24+
Now i have 60% -.- the more you get close to 30, the easier it becomes due to better parties.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Maybe they should have the actual Fractal level of everyone in the group displayed in an easy to see location? Maybe next to their party icon, like a buff? Or make it linkable, like gear.

Another, even better, solution is to have the Agony Resistance displayed as a buff instead, because that way it will allow players with alts to join high level fractals with them. If I have a character on Fractals 30+, chances are I had got enough rings to dress at least one more character, which means that character “can bypass” the lower difficulties to play on the higher tier of Fractals, the player already has, or should have, experience. There is no point for a full geared alt (with 20+ AR) to play Fractal levels 1-10

Posted by: Sanel.5603

Sanel.5603

Every group have 1 guardian, at shaman is easy, party go under him when he bubble, and guardian use reflecting buble, dps his armor to 0, then dodge back becouse of his aoe under him, dps adds (elemental auromancer is nice addition couse he can share magnetic aura to party to reflect even more of adds projectiles) finish adds.

Posted by: Waraxx.4286

Waraxx.4286

no offence, but there are some “commonly known requirements” but they aren’t very high. depending on what dungeon you are running the more/less the requirement is. i.e playing AC. i’ve never been asked what gear I’m on except for the time i was running it on my lvl 40 guardian. and i’m ok with that. you need to have lvl35 gear to enter AC, now if it’s green or rare docent really matter.

however a dungeon like fractal i would’t want to play with players that had much less than 50% exotic and have the right runes. unless i know the player and i know he is good.

but overall, the game is skill >> gear. a player in full rare could easily do as well as a player in full exotic. me and my group for example is running fractal 30 in 50/50 rare/exotic mf gear. sure its abit harder ( not very much) but the extra %mf is totally worth it.

Posted by: Stigma.7869

Stigma.7869

I think the segregation from the upcoming FotM is more legitimate than the current one in Arah. Exotic gear doesn’t define skill so I have no issues playing with less geared players in normal dungeons.

However, Fractal difficulty level does define experience. I still wouldn’t want to PUG with people that are over 5 levels below me.

I would play all the way down to FoTm 26 just for dailies though.

When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.