Fractals of the Mists - Best PvE design yet.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Stormcycle.4208

Stormcycle.4208

As someone who has played WoW since its beta and up til halfway through Cataclysm, as well as Rift, I have to say that this new dungeon is the best design for PvE I have ever seen.

For those who haven’t tried it, its a series of stages that you get at random. They are full of challenging puzzles and bosses and require you to work together as a team to figure it out. The mentally challenged need not apply, you will not faceroll your way to loot which is nice and I think that is what is turning some people off.

For me its the best thing ever. Once you complete three random stages you advance to the next “level” and it gets harder. It seemingly goes on forever.. I haven’t gone past Level 2 myself. But I see people asking for people to join for Level 9, which if it goes that high up with new stages the entire time, its a massive amount of PvE content for just one dungeon.

Really does justice to the name “Fractals of the Mists” which seems to be going after a concept of different dimensions that you keep jumping through.

The artwork in this game for PvE is amazing so a lot of the levels are beautiful.

One thing I wish they would work on though, is we need more in game PvE music. I know a lot of people listen to dubstep while they play MMOs, but I would rather put a block of dried ice down my pants and play than listen to dubstep.

I enjoy the soothing in game music in video games, the problem here is that the sound track repeats no matter what part of the game you are in.

Oh yeah, for the people complaining that they cant get in FotM with a lower level character, I play it all the time on my level 35 Elementalist. I just form my own group, people are ready to join, at least on my server. (Jade Quarry) Map chat is constantly being spammed for groups so it fills instantly.

Every now and then ill get a snide comment, but they go anyway because the group is already formed Anyway once inside I prove myself. I have a level 80 aside from this character and I know how to play. The game does a really good job of scaling you up to 80 for this dungeon.

Anyway thats my 2 cents on the matter.

(edited by Stormcycle.4208)

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

I hated wow, and I hate the fractals. Sorry.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Posted by: Sabo.1485

Sabo.1485

I’m not a WoW fan and I haven’t tried Fractals yet, but my guild has been raving about how fun it is so I’m sure I’ll give it a whirl soon.

Finnegan Bhaird – Human Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Stormcycle.4208

I hated wow, and I hate the fractals. Sorry.

Well maybe you just hate PvE. There is WvW and SPvP in this game that you can do. I am more of a hardcore PvPer myself but this dungeon is great and im having a lot of fun running it.

Its great that this game is providing next gen MMO content and doesnt have a subscription fee.

Posted by: Wilky.7521

Wilky.7521

But I see people asking for people to join for Level 9, which if it goes that high up with new stages the entire time, its a massive amount of PvE content for just one dungeon.

Uhh you know there’s only 9 mini dungeons right? You get a random set of 3 each time, and it just keeps repeating over and over and over. The difficulty just keeps going up, it’s ‘endless’

Stormcycle.4208

But I see people asking for people to join for Level 9, which if it goes that high up with new stages the entire time, its a massive amount of PvE content for just one dungeon.

Uhh you know there’s only 9 mini dungeons right? You get a random set of 3 each time, and it just keeps repeating over and over and over. The difficulty just keeps going up, it’s ‘endless’

Ok so it isn’t as big as I had imagined but is still pretty big for one dungeon you have to admit.. one mini dungeon can take a long time. I dont believe I have seen all of them yet either.

Posted by: Hillierawrs.5834

Hillierawrs.5834

As someone who has played WoW since its beta and up til halfway through Cataclysm, as well as Rift, I have to say that this new dungeon is the best design for PvE I have ever seen.

For those who haven’t tried it, its a series of stages that you get at random. They are full of challenging puzzles and bosses and require you to work together as a team to figure it out. The mentally challenged need not apply, you will not faceroll your way to loot which is nice and I think that is what is turning some people off.

For me its the best thing ever. Once you complete three random stages you advance to the next “level” and it gets harder. It seemingly goes on forever.. I haven’t gone past Level 2 myself. But I see people asking for people to join for Level 9, which if it goes that high up with new stages the entire time, its a massive amount of PvE content for just one dungeon.

Really does justice to the name “Fractals of the Mists” which seems to be going after a concept of different dimensions that you keep jumping through.

The artwork in this game for PvE is amazing so a lot of the levels are beautiful.

One thing I wish they would work on though, is we need more in game PvE music. I know a lot of people listen to dubstep while they play MMOs, but I would rather put a block of dried ice down my pants and play than listen to dubstep.

I enjoy the soothing in game music in video games, the problem here is that the sound track repeats no matter what part of the game you are in.

Oh yeah, for the people complaining that they cant get in FotM with a lower level character, I play it all the time on my level 35 Elementalist. I just form my own group, people are ready to join, at least on my server. (Jade Quarry) Map chat is constantly being spammed for groups so it fills instantly.

Every now and then ill get a snide comment, but they go anyway because the group is already formed Anyway once inside I prove myself. I have a level 80 aside from this character and I know how to play. The game does a really good job of scaling you up to 80 for this dungeon.

Anyway thats my 2 cents on the matter.

Glad to see someone else enjoying the dungeons just cause you have to think about what you’re doing. Also if you want soothing music [ since i don’t like dubstep either ] try Radiohead or Agnes Obel

I am woman, Hear me roar.

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

The Fractals are great, it’s just killed every other dungeon in the game. This isn’t a good thing.

(edited by Lewis Burnell.2493)

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

The Fractals are great, it’s just killed every other dungeon in the game. This isn’t a good thing.

not rly they are just popular now you can still go to classic dungeons for unique weapons and armors

Posted by: Tres.5427

Tres.5427

Just wait till people hit the actual difficult parts then the complaints that after x difficulty its only for super people will come out and everything will return to normal.

Posted by: Taerik.3405

Taerik.3405

I enjoy that the dungeon isnt just a mindless keyboard faceroll to loot, you have to think and overcome some mechanic at times.

AND THAT the trash doesnt have umpteenmillion hit points