Fractals of the Mists Guides

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Fenix.7018

Fenix.7018

Fenix here from “PTN The Part Time Nerd”. Last I posted, my guild and I put up a bunch of walkthroughs for the Queens Gauntlet which a lot of you guys seemed to enjoy.

After those videos we received several requests to take on the Fractals of the Mists, to which we have gladly obliged. We have just posted a playlist of how to get through all 9 of them, including a Teach The Noob clip for those that have no idea what the fractals are and need some help with the basics before going in. We took on each Fractal at a difficulty scale of 28 to give an average gauge of the difficulty.

We hope you find them helpful and they can be found at the following link. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqDGj4uoahVWqpssi4VYArleEatiHNgAu

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

Thank you Fenix! Excellent efforts. There is already a very thorough guide (granted, from a guardian perspective) at FotM level 48 in existence: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/84006-guardian-video-guide-for-fractals-of-the-mist-shown-at-48/

Fenix.7018

Thanks DEKeyz, our guides are mostly for newer players, without worrying to much about builds. We focus more on just the mechanics and try to have fun. However that guide is very thorough indeed. I am personally only at fractals 39 and will definitely check out some of these videos to get that level up a bit higher

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

While I do see some points of improvement in most cases, it looks like you guys are really having fun and Im sure beginners can learn a lot from this, maybe its even better to have them find out the advanced tactics themselves ^^ great job.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Axe of Mossman has spoken.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Had a quick look at Cliffside fractal and I don’t think you mentioned reflects at all. You can reflect the projectile attack from the first archdiviner and against the chanters when you’re going from left seal to right seal, LoSing like you guys did and then putting up wall of reflection makes the fight a lot easier.

Seeing the ranger bow spam made a little bit of me die inside too.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Anyone still plays fotm?

Fenix.7018

In reply to Colesy:

There are a few things we leave out from time to time so that we don’t pigeon hole newer players into thinking that they require particular builds or classes. Sometimes we mention something would be helpful if you happen to have such a player on your team but we generally try to avoid it. However you have a very valid and good point as it does make that instance much easier.

As far as the bow spam… yea… usually I enjoying using the 1 handed sword and axes a lot more. However the camera angle in melee was a disaster. All you could see were blinding lights from AOE effects and none of the actual fight itself.

My guild and I found that having me stay back, and playing passively made for a better view of whats happening. Basically less blinding light, and less chances for a dead person with the recorder. Personally I miss running into melee with my torch and sword while filming.