Fractals still hard-capped

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

How many months have we been locked out of fractals 50+? I honestly can’t remember, it’s been so long. Really not sure if they are having problems building recipes for infusing amulets and earrings, or maybe there’s a bug where 50+ automatically gives a precursor, or maybe there’s an infestation of karka in 50+ making the game unplayable. Not sure, but whatever it is I hope it’s worth the wait.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

How many months have we been locked out of fractals 50+? I honestly can’t remember, it’s been so long. Really not sure if they are having problems building recipes for infusing amulets and earrings, or maybe there’s a bug where 50+ automatically gives a precursor, or maybe there’s an infestation of karka in 50+ making the game unplayable. Not sure, but whatever it is I hope it’s worth the wait.

It probably isn’t, that is why more and more people are leaving, it’s getting harder to find 48 and very rare 50+ fotm (someone who did it before “fix” to open) groups and there is nothing else challenging in game left
That and new content monthly content you finish in 1h like from this month. (seriously, you call THAT a dungeon???)

Posted by: SnoodBeAR.5286

SnoodBeAR.5286

Oh that ‘dungeon’ was kitten -poor.. one room, one boss, one fight.. Anet had progressed with MF by a few steps, but that dungeon sent them 50 steps back

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Oh that ‘dungeon’ was kitten -poor.. one room, one boss, one fight.. Anet had progressed with MF by a few steps, but that dungeon sent them 50 steps back

They never said it was going to be a dungeon. They said an instance.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

You do realize there are a bunch of players at level 80 on their characters, right?

Most of them use their level 80 (fractals) character to open odd levels and they just clear those to get their alts up.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: Episoph.5289

Episoph.5289

How disappointing the newest instance was is already discussed in many other threads so we should try to stay on topic here.
Personally i assume that ANET has difficulties designing which activities reward the new ascended gear. Next step is probably ascended armor and its rather difficult to add that as a reward for already existing content (WvW for example) without annoying a chunk of their customerbase (does anyone remember the pitchforks when ascended gear was announced?). They are scared to make it casual-unfriendly if they release it too fast, so to speak, which is a shame since Fractals where originally intended to provide the pve challenge GW2 currently lacks.

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

A couple things:
First – this is a thread about the fact that fractals is still hard-capped, not about the molten facility. Please keep the discussion on-topic.
Second – this is not a thread about how people glitched their way to lvl 70+ before the hard cap on even levels was introduced. This is about how the hard cap has remained for the last 3-4 months despite 3 new pieces of ascended gear (amulet and 2 earrings) being added without adding any infusion recipes.
Third – Being able to infuse the 3 new pieces has absolutely no bearing on anything outside of fractals, especially wvw.

Allowing us to access levels 50-59 only requires adding infusion recipes for the amulet and the earrings.
I would just like to know why they have limited our progression for months without giving a reason.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: Razeor.6271

Razeor.6271

Allowing us to access levels 50-59 only requires adding infusion recipes for the amulet and the earrings.

Hundreds of AR are needed to pass 50+, so those recipes wouldnt help. The amulets and accessories are there just so players can have a crutch to lean on for bosses 40+.

Their intention seems quite clear, no means no. As to why that is up to speculation.

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

Fractal 48 rewards vs Canach reward = sad face

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

Still don’t understand why they would promise us an infinite dungeon, then cap it at 80, then freak out when people actually hit the end, then further cap it at 50.

Anet logic: 50=infinite.

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Fractal 48 rewards vs Canach reward = sad face

Haha, that’s funny because it’s sad.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nothing in the June update notes about the hard cap. Wonder when we’ll hear something about this.

Posted by: Darthaemos.6370

Darthaemos.6370

Nothing in the June update notes about the hard cap. Wonder when we’ll hear something about this.

ANET loves their data mining, so probably when a larger proportion of players reach 40+ will they open up 50+.

However, given how bad the time/risk vs rewards are for Fractals 30+, most people will not bother advancing past the mid- to high-20s.

Those of us stuck at 50 will just have to keep waiting…

Birgitte / Graendhal / Aveandha
Death and Taxes [DnT] | http://www.dtguilds.com/

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

There are a few people that have been leveling on the odd number fractals. I have yet to find one. If any of you are out there, PM me in game. I’d like to keep going upward.

Edit: I’m on NA servers.

(edited by Nevets Crimsonwing.5271)

Posted by: Celly.5912

Celly.5912

Recently thought we had tactics that’d work on 50+ Maw, but turns out there’s a constant agony field that keeps hitting We also got to lvl 80 by doing the odd numbers, and high seeing as high level fractals is the only challenge in GW2, I highly recommend it.

http://www.twitch.tv/awsmcelly/b/411647618

[PunK]
Far Shiverpeaks
twitch.tv/awsmcelly

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nothing mentioned about this in the June 25th update. Anyone in NA on 80? Found a few from EU, but I think only one NA person at 80. I’d love to keep leveling on odds if any of you are out there. Willing to pay, also.