Friendly Raiding?

Friendly Raiding?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: ICY.9382

ICY.9382

With all the people complaining about the nature of raids here is my question for you Anet. Why not make raids more friendly towards the less hardcore raiders? Would it be so criminal to have a second option maybe with more time for completion or some sort of reduced difficulty but with reasonable loot chance reduction? This would allow the less hardcore folks to enjoy the fun as well. Do not forsake your casuals who have always stuck by you.

Personally I’ve been able to succeed doing it but it’s a shame so see the community going south over stuff like this.

(edited by ICY.9382)

Friendly Raiding?

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

I personally don’t think this is such a huge problem.
You still get rewarded just for trying the bosses.

Friendly Raiding?

ICY.9382

Well the rewards just for trying are very little. Unless people do not consider completing the raid fun and just want to farm the shards. I still believe Gw2 raids can be made casual friendly as other MMOS have done.

(edited by ICY.9382)

Friendly Raiding?

Posted by: anasantos.1263

anasantos.1263

raids are not ment for non-hardcore/skilled people. this is what the community asked for you have tons of other easier stuff to do. personally I hope they don’t changed it at all.

Friendly Raiding?

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

Friendly Raiding?.

Largely an oxymoron in most MMOs in my experience, I expect GW2 will be no different judging by the toxic replies in threads like this one:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Normal-version-of-raid

Friendly Raiding?

ICY.9382

LOL. Thanks For showing me that dude, that guy does a much better job of addressing it.

Friendly Raiding?

Posted by: AzureDream.4819

AzureDream.4819

But, but, the raid is friendly enough as it is. I’ve killed all three bosses with sort of a pugs, without static guild group, and even while we had some difficulties in first, but in whole, it all was with a light and friendly atmosphere, jokes, and fun. We just all knew what to do in encounters, and ran good gear (even without gearcheck). Dont know if we are qualified for hardcore/elite ppl, but we did it pretty well. And intened to repeat success from now on.

Still I’d agree with some easy-mode for ppl who just dont get what the raids are, have problems with concentration, field of vision, gear, doing their job right, and so on. Just without most of loot, and without legendary collection. Not just reduced drop or whatever – without chances at all. Period.

Friendly Raiding?

ICY.9382

Well if fractals are any indication, if you completely remove the chances of loot, few people will run it which doesn’t really help. Having a less difficult mode with some incentive would do a lot of good for the community

Friendly Raiding?

Posted by: Shadowwarrior.7159

Shadowwarrior.7159

I would welcome a easier Raid mode – especially for own reason. Right now the best way of getting ascended weapons and armor are raids – except from crafting. So this easier version could give slightly more shards as a reward, but remove the legendary stuff and maybe also minis/asc. loot. So more people could learn in a little bit more forgiving situation the raid mechanics and aquire the gear to take the challenge on. Even for the “better” player it might be interesting to join the people on this mode in order to reach the weekly cap of shards.

I have puged the kill on the vale guardian, but am still trying to kill Gorseval. For the raids i even had to give my guardian a rest and level a revernant… . So since i’m not playing hardcore/since release of the core game i don’t have ascended weapon and armor boxes … And sadly it is hard to get in a raid per lfg without full ascended gear (trinkets and one-hand sword i have).

Friendly Raiding?

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

They should spin-off raids into a new product “Guild Wars : Raids” and give it a new server and a new forum. That would improve the remaining GW2 community by an order of magnitude or two.

Friendly Raiding?

Posted by: JVJD.4912

JVJD.4912

raids are not ment for non-hardcore/skilled people. this is what the community asked for you have tons of other easier stuff to do. personally I hope they don’t changed it at all.

Lmao you could get carried in raids, check vids and you will see ppl getting downed while the rest of raid finished the boss
What so skilled in that???
There are already lfgs with selling spots in raids- so there goes your full non-hardcore/skilled argument
Plus i never asked for raids i was against for this very nature and wished the devs did not cave in

(edited by JVJD.4912)

Friendly Raiding?

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Raids are fine the difficulty they are, honestly the first boss is pretty kitten easy. It’s the barrier to entry (Or perceived barrier) that is the problem. A new player has such a huge barrier to entry through needing to acquire ascended gear through crafting which will cost them hundreds of gold (Probably at least a couple months of farming and crafting time gated mats). That’s just to get a baseline set. If you want to experiment you are sinking even more gold into it.

The gearing nature of the game is currently the most messed up process I’ve ever see in a game.

Friendly Raiding?

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

Raids are just a matter of organization and practice, sure there’s an entry barrier that’s costy for new players but we get ascended stuff somehow too and they can too if they want it. The groups I saw, been to and failed make so minor mistakes they would be totally avoidable if they focused more so DPS is very rarely an issue anymore. I think about missing blues on VG, not CCing seekers away from green, not shouting if they can’t make it to green and stuff like that.

Friendly Raiding?

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Usually the issue with raids are the people who have over inflated opinions of themselves.

Most raids I have ever been in, you could identify ’"those" but they think they are a necessary part of the team and should be encouraged, just like everyone else…..

The cat herders who organise everything are the true MVP’s.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

Friendly Raiding?

Posted by: Hume.2876

Hume.2876

We have friendly raiding – we have always had friendly raiding. It’s called world bosses and meta events. Wait you don’t like those because those are too boring and too easy? Well you wouldn’t like ez mode raiding either.

Raiding was created because we ONLY had EZ mode raiding – and not real raiding. The hardcores asked or this and got it.

Not all content needs to be completed by all players. It’s fine to have content for specific groups. They have league PvP and tournaments for the hardcore PvPers. They have raids for the hardcore PvEs – but tons of content for the casual crowd.

It’s a perfectly solid design.

Friendly Raiding?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

raids are not ment for non-hardcore/skilled people.

Yes. That’s the problem.

This is what the community asked for

Completely untrue, unless you mean a raiding community. Which is a tiny minority, you know.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Friendly Raiding?

Posted by: CoRtex.2157

CoRtex.2157

TL;DR; I don’t like cheese, can you please transform the cheese into chocolat? Reponse: No! just eat chocolat instead of cheese!

Friendly Raiding?

Posted by: CoRtex.2157

CoRtex.2157

Yes. That’s the problem.

Completely untrue, unless you mean a raiding community. Which is a tiny minority, you know.

Oh sorry, i forgot we have to ignore minorities. kitten those minorities!

Friendly Raiding?

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

Basically the same thread as the one that requested a normal mode for raids. Same discussions, same requests, same perspectives.

Like I said before, it’d be pretty dank. Really dank. Like dank af.

Friendly Raiding?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Yes. That’s the problem.

Oh sorry, i forgot we have to ignore minorities. kitten those minorities!

Intentionally misunderstanding, are you?
We don’t have to ignore minorities, but we really shouldn’t claim that their voice somehow becomes the voice of the whole community. Because it really isn’t.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November