Frustrated with the FOTM ring drops

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: joeytan.3865

joeytan.3865

As the name suggest, the ring drops from FOTM just annoys the crap out of me. After the patch you guys did 2 weeks ago, where the the shortcuts in the fractals were fixed, I have only got 2 rings. This compared to how much it dropped before is such a drastic drop.

My real frustration isn’t over that, its over the fact that I got 3 freaking Mellaggan’s Whorl(uninfused) so I cant use them and another 2 rings that have stats that isnt for my char. I cant salvage it, I can’t TP it. Oh yeah I can do one thing with it, which is sell it for a pathetic 4s.

I mean come on guys, I know that anet is trying to make it easier with the reduction of infusion cost and bringing in Pristine Fractal Relic but you have to do something so that we can make some use of the rings players do not need.

I was thinking of a few things and I’ll list it out here:

1- Let us TP the rings we don need. Do something like ppl lvl 10 and above can buy uninfused only. Ppl 20 and above can buy all rings.(Just like how each class can only use certain armor and weapons)

2- Let us exchange the rings at the vendor in FOTM for other rings of the same tier

3- Come up with recipes for Mystic Forge which would allow a conversion to another ring .

4-Let us salvage it(not really what I hope will happen but better then a useless ring I can do nothing with)

Please take this into consideration as I believe ALOT of players are facing this problem.

Thank you

(edited by joeytan.3865)

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

The problem is that they are scared of people hoarding mass amounts of tokens, they can buy x amount of rings then sell them. At this point there is no need to complain, you can either RNG your daily 10 for a chance of a non infused (which you can now infuse) ring or a chance for a infused ring 20/30/etc., and what happens if neither works? You get either 1/2/3 (pristine relics per day) guaranteed which = if your rng is SO bad that you can only get relics then choose a ring of YOUR choice and upgrade it for FREE, no, I am fine with the system they have implemented and you can even now do 1 shard/glob for a lesser tier material.
The general recipe
1 Shard/Glob + 1 Master Salvage Kit + 1 Mystic Coin + 1 Fractal Relic= 3 of a lower tier material so shard → glob and glob → vial

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

The problem is that they are scared of people hoarding mass amounts of tokens, they can buy x amount of rings then sell them

As if this is a bad thing.

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

The problem is that they are scared of people hoarding mass amounts of tokens, they can buy x amount of rings then sell them

As if this is a bad thing.

I meant in relation to you not being able to sell them to other players, but instead become what they are now for most high lvl fractal people, merchant food which is 4.95s. So if they make it so that you can buy them for tokens but they are still account/soulbound which means people with mass amounts of tokens will just sell them for easy silver, get it?

Posted by: Sadomator.6419

Sadomator.6419

I only got 1 ring so far in 13x FotM dailies, lol.

Garl Vinnland – Guardian
Stormbluff Isle

Iehova.9518

So if they make it so that you can buy them for tokens but they are still account/soulbound which means people with mass amounts of tokens will just sell them for easy silver, get it?

What seems to be the problem, my good man? I’ve been converting (dungeon) tokens to dosh for quite a while now. I’d love to be able to do that with my fractal tokens and sell off a soldier/zerker/whatever ring every 10 days once I’m done farming mine.

Posted by: Unanimous.1486

Unanimous.1486

how long ago was FotM added? been doing lvl 20+ daily for every day ever since I got to it, which was 2 days after fotm was added but, as luck would have it, I have only gotten 3 rings during this whole time, none of which are infused. And to make matters worse, I still don’t have enough vials/globs/shards to infuse a ring. and to make matters even worse, even if I do get a ring, NONE of them are the type I want.

So yeah, I’m getting pretty angry at Anet.

(edited by Unanimous.1486)

Iehova.9518

It’s alright, now you can enjoy the agony of bugged cliffside 10 times in a row to receive your non-infused ring.

Posted by: Slayra.1730

Slayra.1730

The only thing they need to do is allow us to salvage (or something of the sort) the rings for 10 Pristine Fractal Relics, so we can get the ones we want at the vendor’s new tab. That way i could do something with my 5x Red Ring of Death.

Posted by: eldavo.6054

eldavo.6054

The patch made it so you can get the exact ring you want and the infused version of it once you’ve spent enough time in fractals. True there’s RNG on the mist essences but if you’ve done 100 fractals you’ll definitely have some.

10 Jade Maw kills lvl 10+ you can buy an ascended ring.

ascended ring + 5 vials of mist essence + 3 globs of mist essence + 1 shard of mist essence combined in the mystic forge = infuse your ascended ring.

Diaverse
Guardian – Commander – Officer of Rethesis [RE] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Unanimous.1486

Unanimous.1486

The patch made it so you can get the exact ring you want and the infused version of it once you’ve spent enough time in fractals. True there’s RNG on the mist essences but if you’ve done 100 fractals you’ll definitely have some.

10 Jade Maw kills lvl 10+ you can buy an ascended ring.

ascended ring + 5 vials of mist essence + 3 globs of mist essence + 1 shard of mist essence combined in the mystic forge = infuse your ascended ring.

I have 3 globs and 5 vials, and I’ve done well over 300 fractals. Even if I do get 10 pristine tokens, I still can’t get an infused ring.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

since last update i got 4 infused rings in 5-6 dailies so i dunno if its just luck they drop way often. Also seen 2 people getting fractal weps in those runs.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.