Fun in dungeons

Fun in dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: BlitzX.4039

BlitzX.4039

So, my questions is what do you do/enjoy in dungeons nowadays?
Last 2 weeks “goating” in dungeons is end-game for me and this is the only thing i really enjoy now
http://imgur.com/a/ebQHQ

Fun in dungeons

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

I enjoy the rewards, blaming my guildmates, PuG roulette, the laggs, having good laughs on TS and i enjoyed the tournament!

toxic since 2012

Fun in dungeons

Posted by: Allelya.6830

Allelya.6830

I have almost no fun in dungeons. Most mechanics are 99% unforgiving. Every 80s group prefers to “run past” more than half the mobs in the dungeon so if you are one of the unlucky ones getting hit by the group they ran past, you are slowed immediately (because ANet reasons) and sometimes rooted/knocked down/stunned in some way then dead because your group mates are already far ahead.

I like Crowd Control abilities- we have NONE. It’s dodge or zerg. Not fun.

Delvien – d/d Elementalist – Gates of Madness

Fun in dungeons

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

I like soloing them (or trying to, at least)

Fun in dungeons

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I have almost no fun in dungeons. Most mechanics are 99% unforgiving. Every 80s group prefers to “run past” more than half the mobs in the dungeon so if you are one of the unlucky ones getting hit by the group they ran past, you are slowed immediately (because ANet reasons) and sometimes rooted/knocked down/stunned in some way then dead because your group mates are already far ahead.

I like Crowd Control abilities- we have NONE. It’s dodge or zerg. Not fun.

While I think there could be MUCH more creative uses for CC and many things in general, CC is very useful if you work as a team.

Defiance can be easily stripped, then you can use a CC to interrupt a large attack removing the need for anyone in the group to dodge. That plus using it to position, or locking down trash groups makes it actually very useful. Just not as useful as it could be if they did things differently.

As far as skips go, I think they are much of the challenge in any dungeon. In fact in many cases I’d say the skip is more challenging than the bosses they lead up to. You can kill them if you want but it’s an option that saves time. You may disagree but I enjoy that fact. And it makes having a thief/engi/mesmer all that much nicer when they can use their tools to make the skips easier.

Fun in dungeons

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Fun in dungeons

Posted by: ShadowRX.9024

ShadowRX.9024

The only reason I play gw2 still is because of dungeons. I enjoy doing dungeons with friends on ts and doing record runs. If all my friends stopped playing i would probably quit or find other friends for dungeons.(I dont pug, last time I puged was like 8 months ago or more).

Tl;dr :im still having fun cuz im playing dungeons with friends

Fun in dungeons

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

You don’t have friends Deathly..

toxic since 2012

Fun in dungeons

Posted by: ShadowRX.9024

ShadowRX.9024

Look who is talking xD