GW2 Fails Horribly At Dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Caelib.2497

Caelib.2497

Monthly Achievement calls for the completion of 5 Dungeons. I’ve played MMOs for nearly 15 years and Guild Wars 2 wins the award for creating the most inaccessible, frustrating PUG dungeon content ever.

Your ill-conceived definition of challenging is forcing players to die frequently. There’s a fine line between challenging and frustrating and you’ve crossed it with casual gamers.

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

Are they suppose to make Dungeons easier?

AmateurNet

Posted by: Mckeone.9804

Mckeone.9804

the only frustrating part about dungeons is trying to get a group for one (bugs excluded)

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Totally agree what if you dislike doing dungeons (as i do) i personally only do them to help others or if i’m forced.. the monthly was a bad decision as not everyone enjoys Dungeons..

I have done a total of 9 fractuals to get my monthly (which i was forced to do to get it), the reason i did 9 was because some completed fractuals weren’t registering to my monthly…

by all means add new content, map completions and world expansions, but don’t force people to do things they don’t want too.

thanks

Posted by: Hobocop.1508

Hobocop.1508

Why shouldn’t fractal and dungeon completions be part of the monthly achievement? What makes any other criteria more valid than either of those, and where are they holding a gun to your head to ‘force’ you to do the monthly achievement?

Posted by: TransparentlyOpaque.1824

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

Monthly “achievements” seem like they are implemented to get players to expand their horizons and try new contents or do things they may not always do in game.

Its a good idea.

Posted by: YaHiKoDrG.3467

YaHiKoDrG.3467

WvW kills should be removed from the monthly as well.

Lets just get rid of the monthly.

/sarcasm

5 dungeons is not hard to do, 7 fractals at level 5 or below is even easier. stop blaming ArenaNets design choice because it really is no different than dailies in other MMO. if you don’t like dailies/monthlies dont do them.

Oh you want mystic coins for whatever reason? then farm items to sell and buy them if dailies/monthlies are so hard.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I haven’t been in the dungeons since about the 2nd or 3rd week of the game. They aren’t fun. In fact they are too kitten difficult by half, you die way too often, they take way too long, the bosses have too many hit points by half, the loot is crap, and then there are the bugs.

They simply aren’t worth the time and effort, and these new fractals aren’t any better. In fact, now they are level based dungeons and finding a group is even harder, not that I had any interest in going there to begin with.

And after all that, I’m sure as hell not getting on a gear treadmill, just like I’m not going chasing after a Legendary weapon. All of these problems go directly against what we were told was the philosophy behind this game.

Casuals and Elites can play the game equally? No we can’t, and the dungeons are a perfect example of that.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Redamz.5038

Redamz.5038

Dungeons are easy, stop being bad.
Also people should learn “achievements” are called like that for a reason. You have to earn them. If you don’t want to do them no one is forcing you to.

Posted by: PiSquare.2904

PiSquare.2904

First of all, noone FORCED you to get the monthly achievement. Its an achievement because you have to achieve something. Its not something that is given out just for playing.

Second, the dungeons are easy. They nerfed them so much, they arent even a shadow of their former hard self. With a proper party i can do most dungeon runs that i care about in 30 min or less. The ones we are already good at can be done in almost 20 min.

And honestly, one would think that if you really have played for 15 years, you would be able to learn and get better at a game, and know how to pick your pugs.

I think the dungeons are for the most part pretty well designed, could use some more variability here and there(buff the graveling burrows on path 3 on AC, its pathetic now). The problem you are probably having is not thinking things trough. Almost every obstacle in the dungeons that i encountered could be solved pretty easily if you only tought about it for a minute.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

What? There was a monthly achievement for doing dungeons?

Oh yeah, I completed that one on the first day of the month… (in a PUG)

Just who the hell do you think I am!?