General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 1

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

So today I learned that when doing SE P3 on my guardian I shouldn’t clear all of General Volkov’s bleeds and other miscellaneous conditions. Also if the pugs want to stack, it’s way better to have one person ranging/fearing all the dredge around and generally faffing about and dying.

Maybe he does more DPS with 18 stacks of bleeds because he traited for downed state damage?

STAR

Attachments:

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Was it a necro? It was a necro, I bet. One of those “transfer conditions” necros or something. Was I right? Did I win a prize?

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Laar.5476

It was a necro, but I couldn’t tell what kind it was besides the dead kind; it didn’t like reflects either.

Posted by: Kaiser.8504

Kaiser.8504

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new VideoGamermike in these forums.

Secretly an elitist jaguar
[Noob] Info Desk | [LOD]

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Where?!?

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

In here!

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

The legendary foes within Crown Pavilion have this buff on them:

“Indomitable : Cannot be blinded, chilled, crippled, immobilized, knocked down, launched, or pushed back. Cannot be removed”

Have ArenaNet thought about what this leaves for the rare kind of player that doesn’t want to go all out damage? They are even immune to stun and daze despite this not being mentioned in the buff

So this means that the “damage, control, support” idea becomes “damage, support” or should I say “damage, damage, damage, damage, damage, and support”?

:-(

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Indomitable-control-builds-suck/first

Every. God. Kitten. Day.
I start to give up guys …

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

wait till its your own guild mates that say that. Tried drowning myself in my cup of tea because of that the other day.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

Daily Whining of the day:

2 mesmers, 1 necro, 2 thief CoF p2 run.
Both mesmer are GS, one of them was using scepter, necro was condi, and the thief has 1kap and downed at least 5 times in the dungeon.

I should’ve quit at the start. Who would’ve knew the mesmer with 10k ap would also be GS?

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

Dalanor.5387

I should’ve quit at the start. Who would’ve knew the mesmer with 10k ap would also be GS?

Zerg content, including WvW can breed a weird playerbase.

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

I was commanding Boom-Boom for 6 hrs yesterday, and the mega-server we were on got the gold award 30+ times and a couple silvers too. For the latter half of that, it was just DD members 5-manning Boom, and Liahm and Leo duoing Shurak. Such a fail that even though Liahm was pinned up, nobody on our full server instance helped them out at Shurak. Impressive that they managed to duo it multiple times for Gold.

Anyway, here’s the fail: Some guild called [P—-] (dashed-out due to forum name-shaming rules) decided to pin up at Boom and they said “[P—-] members only” and they displaced me and the DD party, so we went to Wig. We got Wig down to 5% and were ready to burn when there were still 2 mins left for gold. Meanwhile, Boom’s still at 60% because those P—- guys are screwing up big time. We end up getting Bronze because the entire server has to wait for Boom, and even then, P—- cant kill him, so us DD guys have to kill Boom for them. And then the funniest thing happens: the entire server instance just eviscerates the P—- commander for displacing me. The other 4 commanders and a lot of the other players there tear that P—- commander apart for “replacing a great and experienced commander.” I have never before felt so loved ingame. Lol

And here’s the kicker: for the next round, I get Boom back and the P—- commander and his guild get Wig, and the same thing happens: the other 5 bosses are ready to burn with 2 mins left for gold, but we’re all waiting on Wig, and we end up with bronze cause the P—- guys screw up again. Then the server just explodes at P—-. Lol

(edited by Anierna.6918)

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Naming and shaming. Stay classy Anierna.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Anierna.6918

I named a guild, not a player, not their commander.

Edit: I’ve dashed-out their name too, just in case the Anet mods decide this is bannable or something similarly ridiculous. PM me if anyone would like their actual name.

(edited by Anierna.6918)

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Does it change anything to the fact that you always act as such ? Treating others like kitten won’t make you better at the game. It will only boost your self esteem until the day you realize that nobody will want to have anything to do with you…

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Kindly keep this out of the thread. Apart from naming the guild Ani did nothing wrong and if you guys could get over your biases against him and read it for what it’s worth it would make you laugh. Please keep the frustrations with each other out of here. Thanks.

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You really need to stop taking a dump on that lovely floor Lilith.

Lilith Ajit.6173

You really need to stop taking a dump on that lovely floor Lilith.

:P

Ps. The reason I said the above is because the second a mod reviews ANY post in this thread is the day were all Perma banned.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Stahp, you’re tempting me to push it :(

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

maha.7902

Kindly keep this out of the thread. Apart from naming the guild Ani did nothing wrong and if you guys could get over your biases against him and read it for what it’s worth it would make you laugh. Please keep the frustrations with each other out of here. Thanks.

This is nothing to do with frustrations or biases – it is to do with the fact that naming individuals or groups in open forum to shame them is unacceptable.

Lilith Ajit.6173

To be totally honest I don’t think there is a single one of us who hasn’t name shamed on this forum. Whether it is unacceptable or not (which I did say, that was wrong of him) I’m pretty sure the only reason he was shamed for it by community members is based on the biases yall have. I’m just asking that instead of starting a fight here that we all try to put the biases aside and read like logical individuals.

[ARES]

DonQuack.9025

Quick ac p3 run- Warrior asks me to drop fgs for one of the guardians
I reply : FGS wont help crap dps
Guardian says : I am not build for dps

Now lets ignore that my lfg said things about dps.

I say Well you sure arent support
He replies : I am not built for support
I leave party

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

The reason I said the above is because the second a mod reviews ANY post in this thread is the day were all Perma banned.

Or not. I got the AIS. And I’ve never name shamed :>

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Dalanor.5387

Quick ac p3 run- Warrior asks me to drop fgs for one of the guardians
I reply : FGS wont help crap dps
Guardian says : I am not build for dps

Now lets ignore that my lfg said things about dps.

I say Well you sure arent support
He replies : I am not built for support
I leave party

This is the new low.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

To be totally honest I don’t think there is a single one of us who hasn’t name shamed on this forum.

Doing this on a regular basis. After having had hundrets of discussions with people like guang, warlord, azreell, silentstorm, etc. (just to name some of the more recent ones) I just got to the point that I realized having a discussion with arguments will not return any result.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

DonQuack.9025

This is the new low.

Not as low as my next run. 5kap Guardian. CM run. I ask at beginning. “Guardian what is wall of reflection” No anwer.

After he dies a couple times I try again. He replies "What is that?’ I tell and he still doesnt slot it.

We just left him behind because he couldnt make any of the skips.

path 3 run.

80’s exp quick run

other than guild mate no one knew what to do.
No one answered questions. No one replied.
In the end they kicked instance leader. at end boss as I refused to provide reflects for them and the 3 snipers massacred them.

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Sam revives me just so he can see moar of this bod.

Fear no more Lilith, the Staff Pug guardian is here!

That scares me more than dying because my under leveled tush is graveling fodder.

Oh so I did a level 49 fractal with our prophet, FenrirSlakt (I only joined the group because I saw him in it) and we had 6 minutes until reset (we wanted to finish after reset). So we get Mai trin to her final phase and we have 6 minutes… so we kite her around not hitting her but our staff guard is.

The prophet whispers me “if he were hitting her with something other than staff I’d we worried”.

The prophet has spoken and thus it shall be known: bring staff guards if you need to kill time.

Ps. That kitten staff guard got a fractal mace, but he already had it. -.-

Oh and then the prophet soloed 5% of the aetherpath final boss for us. Hail the prophet!

It’s really nice to finally meet forumers ingame, though it’s embarrassing when I screw up in front of everyone.

Dalanor.5387

This is the new low.

Not as low as my next run. 5kap Guardian. CM run. I ask at beginning. “Guardian what is wall of reflection” No anwer.

After he dies a couple times I try again. He replies "What is that?’ I tell and he still doesnt slot it.

path 3 run.

80’s exp quick run

In the end they kicked instance leader. at end boss as I refused to provide reflects for them and the 3 snipers massacred them.

Never join as a 5th into a full french / german party. Never.

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

This is the new low.

path 3 run.

80’s exp quick run

Never join as a 5th into a full french / german party. Never.

Well, I do run with my guildmates some times. I’m from Germany and for the most part we can’t even get 5 men together for a run. Thus we have to invite a PuG and we never failed or kicked someone who was doing good. I have therefore to contradict you politely.

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I think the problem Dalanor tries to adress is the language barrier. I’m a native german speaker as well (as my name might suggest), but I regularly encounter people asking the german equivalent to “can anyone explain it to him in english?”.
And I’m just as lost if my party is entirely french or spanish since I speak neither language and there seems to be the same problem about being (more or less) fluent in english.

It’s not about any nationality being more kickprone/less communicative or anything like that.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Lilith Ajit.6173

So my new guild is seemingly decent. I guess I don’t have all that much to go on but they’re very dungeon happy and they can do AC and TA. so I mean… there’s that? Right?

I’m excited to explore more of the depths of Tyria with them, but I think some of them who know me from here are under the false impression that I’m this amazing speed runner and well… yall know I’m not lol. Anyway, it’s interesting. The most important part is that I can talk as dirty and awful as I want and they seem pleased with it. Hooray!

[ARES]

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Anybody who expects Asura to be speed runners is clearly bonkers. Those short legs just aren’t made to run fast.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: Ariete The Phoenix.8276

Ariete The Phoenix.8276

Are they calling you lilitist already?

Also known as Liahm Lee

Lilith Ajit.6173

Not yet but maybe I should make a character with that name.

[ARES]

DonQuack.9025

I call nonsense on the language. Ive been in korean parties before and they typed “something” in korean. and you know what. We communicated using lines on the map.

and telepathy.

FenrirSlakt.3692

I call nonsense on the language. Ive been in korean parties before and they typed “something” in korean. and you know what. We communicated using lines on the map.

and telepathy.

I once joined a Lv.49 FotM Korean group. Though I couldn’t understand a single word they said, there were no misunderstandings at all. Cool people.

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

So my new guild is seemingly decent. I guess I don’t have all that much to go on but they’re very dungeon happy and they can do AC and TA. so I mean… there’s that? Right?

I’m excited to explore more of the depths of Tyria with them, but I think some of them who know me from here are under the false impression that I’m this amazing speed runner and well… yall know I’m not lol. Anyway, it’s interesting. The most important part is that I can talk as dirty and awful as I want and they seem pleased with it. Hooray!

They are good people LIllith, If you need an extra body on some runs you can always call me, and they all know me as well.

:)

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

I’ve finally dared to pug a few different dungeons over the last couple of days (only ever dared TA and some story modes before), and I’ve actually met my very first pug bearbow that way. Longbow, bear, and always sending in the pet before everybody else is ready. Interesting to watch .

The rest of the runs were decent, some better, some worse, fortunately only one that was a complete fail (but the instance opener left early, so it wasn’t too painful). Still, I feel like I’m not really getting anywhere, I don’t seem to have the luck of finding pugs that I can learn some decent strategies from. TA up with two guardians and no reflects on Malrona? I was hoping to pick up a few tips on when to throw my feedback and how to mesh with the guardian(s) reflects instead of just duplicating them, but I was out of luck there.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

For malrona you’ll want first lure out her AoE spit and then get poisoned by her second attack, cast feedback for her next AoE attack and she’s dead.

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

I once had a guardian who thought it was his highest duty, despite we told him otherwise, to clear all the poison we got from malrona.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Thanks for the tip, Taku, I’ll try it next time I’m in that fight.

spoj.9672

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

You have a nice smartphone.

(jokes jokes.. heh)

Snow Crows [SC]

FenrirSlakt.3692

Dªmn, it takes so long to sell a dungeon path these days.
Between the undercutters and people who fail to read, it takes longer than solo’ing the path itself.

Edit: I can’t believe that they censor that word.

(edited by FenrirSlakt.3692)

Anierna.6918

Ppl not reading is annoying, yeah. As for undercutting… well, I’m guilty of that. I’d guess most sellers are. Its the economy, stupid.

Laar.5476

It always makes me sad inside to see this in a ‘zerker only blah blah blah’ group; it was also a staff camper, on bosses.

Attachments:

spoj.9672

(jokes jokes.. heh)

Thats deSades screenshot (he got banned :<). And weve learnt to turn our graphics right down for teq after numerous crashes… :<

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

At least they’re not healing stacks!

maha.7902

(jokes jokes.. heh)

Thats deSades screenshot (he got banned :<). And weve learnt to turn our graphics right down for teq after numerous crashes… :<

perma?

spoj.9672

Nope just temp.

Dalanor.5387

Scrub turned into a mean kitten? Good.