15charsofforumbugz?

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 1

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Laulajatar.4253

Laulajatar.4253

Someone constantly tried to kill me during our Arah run and then got me stuck in the bone wall. Have fun with Alphard then, I’ll just /sit here QQ

What did I do?! Is it because I didn’t bring cake?

Attachments:

This is no signature.
Cloud of Sparrows [CoS]

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

What kind of person feels the need to lie and say “yes experienced” When they know they arent? What kind of person can get LOST before the first mob then have the balls to still reply. “Yes I have done this dozens of times”

Why do you send me messages of hate when I bail rather than carry you, rather than kick you, rather than call you out on it? And why does it seem to be the majority of “you”?

im actually going to post that in chat and see what answer I get.

Im hereby reporting every last one of em as lfg system abuse.

fml 3minutes later http://postimg.org/image/sp0wpxvs9/

I like the guy who right off says " never did this path"

http://s4.postimg.org/8vteaz7sd/screenshot_2014_09_28.png

hahah

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

pugging a lvl 49 fractal since none of my friends that do fracs are on. our team comp is 3 guards, 1 engi and 1 mesmer. i think we need more reflects.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Just leaving this here.
http://imgur.com/O1L8qBB,b0nYrnS

Also, l0l at reds looking to delete and lock some more threads in the trashcan.
There, I can keep afking in la now.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

So I have been playing thief more recently and in most cases, at least more than half the time, I get the boss aggro, which mean I can hardly backstab them, also in some other cases we LoS a boss so backstab is out of question.

So 2 questions,

1. Any reason why I am getting the aggro, I am using a standard 6/6/0/0/2 build with Berserker and Scholar?

2. Is sword better when facing an enemy? I remember reading somewhere that when you can’t backstab, you’re better off with sword/pistol?

Stealth will cause mobs to stop targeting you unless they’re channelling an attack. In that case, they’ll finish the channel and then walk off if you’re still in stealth by then. Remember that you don’t need to be directly behind a target to land a proper backstab – just standing by their side is enough.

Edit: context :x

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

DonQuack.9025

Just leaving this here.

attached

Attachments:

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Be funny if they reported you and you got suspended
and by funny i mean messed up

Afaik I wasn’t. But yes it’s messed up.

The game engine is designed for what I wrote to happen :/

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Minigrump.4961

what i do on my engi when i am bored

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Just leaving this here.

Also, l0l at reds looking to delete and lock some more threads in the trashcan.
There, I can keep afking in la now.

gdi, Lilith is gone for what, two weeks? and this is what happens >.<

BTW, anyone have viewership numbers for the tourney? I’m curious how much it dropped off from the last one.

DonQuack.9025

900’s day 1. upper 800’s day 2. iirc

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

So, I don’t log on for a day and suddenly this forum is filled with red posts :o

Cloud of Sparrows

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

When did norn elite dashes got nerfed? Tried it today, more like rp walking compared to the original dash…

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

When did norn elite dashes got nerfed? Tried it today, more like rp walking compared to the original dash…

With FGS on sep 9th I think

frifox.5283

Feels like a 1,500 dash compared to original 4,000 dash… RIP

Minigrump.4961

ugh so bored. currently waiting to be trialed for DnT since Ren as a dungeon running guild is dead.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Gl :<

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

I keep screwing up my CM solo attempts, can’t win a game of Legue of Legends if my life depended on it, dropping all the way to plat4 and I can’t think of a job I would like to be employed at.

What’s worse I’m almost broke so I can’t buy alcohol to solve the problems above. kitten I’m failing at everything.

Defeated by packet loss.

winterchillz.2564

I keep screwing up my CM solo attempts, can’t win a game of Legue of Legends if my life depended on it, dropping all the way to plat4 and I can’t think of a job I would like to be employed at.

What’s worse I’m almost broke so I can’t buy alcohol to solve the problems above. kitten I’m failing at everything.

You sure you’re not experiencing packets loss?

Cloud of Sparrows

frifox.5283

Got myself an alt account and sent one single dye (Abyss) to it from my main because looking good is important. Now I can’t chat in guild nor pm anyone on niether my main nor the new account. These anti-spam systems are just absurd…

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Got myself an alt account and sent one single dye (Abyss) to it from my main because looking good is important. Now I can’t chat in guild nor pm anyone on niether my main nor the new account. These anti-spam systems are just absurd…

Personal guild banks for the win. No spam filters or suppressions and no worries of getting auto banned for gold selling when you transfer money between accounts.

TKiller.6829

You sure you’re not experiencing packets loss?

If this was a joke it well flew over my head. Yes I do experience packet loss very often.

Also weird, I’ve transferred large sums of gold to different accounts in the past and mail rares, gold and materials from second account to main almost daily. Only get mail suppression when I send a lot of mails in a short amount of time and it wears off in minutes.

Defeated by packet loss.

DonQuack.9025

-on further discussion with members of the party-
I have concluded they are minors and well I feel pity rather than anger now so…

please read
http://www.dtguilds.com/forum/m/6563292/viewthread/12515254-dnt-elementalist-builds

or simply ask on these forums. Lots of skilled elementalists out there.

Attachments:

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

deSade.9437

Try to beat me.
Pft.
Amateur.

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

I’m tired of the zerk-meta. It’s been here for how long? Yeah, since the very beginning of GW2.
It just won’t go away, like that buzzing mosquito in my room, so i think it’s time to smash that mosquito.

Well, there’s no single reason not to go zerk, so how about a dungeon-mob revamp, that would encourage the use of condition builds or more defensive builds, such as knights, while maintaining the usefullness of zerker DPS at the same time?
Before you get your pitchforks: In other words: NOT a zerk nerf – zerk = still good and viable with my suggestion.

How? Here’s a story first:
I was pugging TA like every other day. When my group was at the nightmare tree, i’ve noticed something odd next to my frostspirit – a banner of discipline.
I’ve looked at the boss and thought “Wait a second…that’s totally useless. You can’t crit that big ol’ tree guy”.
Then it made “snap”.

Here’s the idea: Some mobs/champs/bosses are crit resistant.
Some enemies might need defensive audjustments/balances, tho, like lowered HP, but it should encourage players to try out different class/skill/weapon combinations and most importantly, builds.

Sure, there always will be an “optimal way” or “most efficient way” of running a dungeon, but at least it would add some variety to the monotonous meta, without increasing a dungeon run’s time by like half an hour.

Oh and while we’re at it: Give us a reason to kill trash. We’ve already been given a good reason to kill optional champs, thanks to the bags, so how about giving elites the chance to drop a token bag?

People who wanna skip, skip and people who wanna see some blood actually get a little reward.

That is all. : D

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

(edited by wauwi.9162)

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Ah yes, “crit resistance” because adding a mechanic which simply makes people do less damage and nothing else is clearly what this game’s bosses need.

Here’s an eye-opener – all bosses in this game which are objects are 100% crit resistant. Guess what builds are used for them? Yes, the DPS ones full of damage modifiers, and with (at least for the boss) redundant on-crit effects.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Bri.8354

Bri.8354

They should have never added equipment stats to begin with and only included runes on equipment, which could possibly become more complex and powerful. Further modifications could come from traits which could also be made more complex and powerful.

It makes me wonder what they were thinking, adopting a traditional equipment stat (magic find being one of them) when its not suited for this game. At least they removed magic find on equipment (mostly).

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

This time it is, again?

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

wauwi.9162

Ah yes, “crit resistance” because adding a mechanic which simply makes people do less damage and nothing else is clearly what this game’s bosses need.

Yeah, just read “crit resistance” and ignore everything else in my post.
Well, i can’t blame you…quite the wall of text, i wrote.

Here’s an eye-opener – all bosses in this game which are objects are 100% crit resistant. Guess what builds are used for them? Yes, the DPS ones full of damage modifiers, and with (at least for the boss) redundant on-crit effects.

Of course, because everything up to such a boss (or after it, in case of fractals – wait, fractals are dungeons…right?) is best fought with the holy trinity, that is power, precision and ferocity.

maha.7902

Yeah, just read “crit resistance” and ignore everything else in my post.

Well afterwards you just wrote “defensive adjustments” and mentioned lower HP.

How does lowering a mob’s HP but making it crit immune make a player want to experiment with different builds? Literally all it is is a damage throttle.

Of course, because everything up to such a boss (or after it, in case of fractals – wait, fractals are dungeons…right?) is best fought with the holy trinity, that is power, precision and ferocity.

Assume a dungeon is full of boss objects. Berserker users will be too lazy to switch to soldier, weaker players will just be able to go full soldier and be optimal which is atrocious and the game has done a good job of disallowing. It turns on-crit traits in to complete blanks so either the berserker users will again be too lazy to retrait (or not need to since they hit the damage modifiers anyway) or they’ll just shift the redundant traits in to another line for more DPS versus objects.

wauwi.9162

@maha:
I admit, i didn’t thought the “defensive audjustments” part out very well, but my main point was to encourage the experimentation with condition builds in PvE.
A crit resistance mob/boss could still suffer from condition damage and i would like to see that balanced up to a point where a condition centric group is as effective against a crit-resistant enemy, like a zerker group against regular ones.

Therefore, full soldier or knights wouldn’t be “optimal”, but “optional”.
Optimal would be a mix of builds in parties, suck as zerker + zealot and those who don’t bother with effeciency and want it a bit safer, could go rabid.

This would also benefit other builds, such as boon duration ones, if you have access to lots might stacking boons.

All that is just theory and to work, it would most likely need more than just some “defensive audjustments”, like i’ve said earlier.
But fear not, fellow zerkers (i’m also one of you, since there’s no point to wear anything else in PvE), all that will never happen and zerker will stand supreme until the end.

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

The irony is a lot of condi builds rely on on-crit procs, so non-critable bosses would be horrible for condi builds.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Have you guys ever licked a lamp in winter?

Just got to that part, I get this now.

He will be mine.

winterchillz.2564

a mechanic which simply makes people do less damage and nothing else is clearly what this game’s bosses need.

Correct me if I’m wrong, sir, but weren’t you one of the people vouching for the FGS nerf?

Attachments:

Cloud of Sparrows

(edited by winterchillz.2564)

Minigrump.4961

look what dropped for me today (not in fractals, just earlier on)

Attachments:

winterchillz.2564

Gratz, bro!! \o/

Cloud of Sparrows

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

a mechanic which simply makes people do less damage and nothing else is clearly what this game’s bosses need.

Correct me if I’m wrong, sir, but weren’t you one of the people vouching for the FGS nerf?

Sir is a warrior player, he just wanted less faceroll.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

look what dropped for me today (not in fractals, just earlier on)

Grats, I got one friday as well Yay money.

winterchillz.2564

Lovely, gratz!! ^^ Hope you keep getting such good drops. c:

I decided I want to get the Inci but since this will take me at least 6 months or more to do, I’m really hoping to get the fractals dagger nowadays; it’d be a fresh change to my looks.

Well, just wanted to share my first big accomplishment in this game (after soloing Lupi).

Attachments:

Cloud of Sparrows

Jerus.4350

Grats Winter. I’ve been debating all weekend if I want to pull the trigger and spend all my cash on a legendary or not. Decisions…

winterchillz.2564

Well, it’s just gold at the end of the day, don’t think there’s anything else to use it on so that’s why I got it

Cloud of Sparrows

Jerus.4350

True though my alt addiction keeps the money flow out pretty steady.

Really though I just can’t decide on a legendary. There’s not many I really have interest in. On one hand staff is probably the weapon I use the most, but I’m not a huge fan of the Bifrost and I have The Crossing which I like a lot more. So that one is out.

Twilight/Sunrise/Eternity, ehh I see it so often it lost it’s flare to me and overall I’m not a huge fan.

Incinerator is cool, but I’d use it sometimes on my Ele and then my rarely used thief, so that’s kinda out. And, that’s pretty much the story with the rest of them. I’d only use them on maybe one character or only sometimes.

In the end I’m thinking Moot or Minstrel. I’m disappointed no walking effect on Minstrel but I think it’d get the most use as I use Focus a lot on Guard and Ele, as well as Necro and Mesmer but I can’t change theirs, they fit them too well. Moot though has a cool walking effect and I’ve been using Mace a LOT on my guard lately but I don’t play my warrior much which is the other char I’d use it on.

So yeah… ugh, I’m indecisive and nothing really jumps out as “I want this”. I figure I’ll decide when I finish collecting my t6 mats which I’m like 2/3 there and once I do I basically have everything but a precursor ready for any of the options.

TKiller.6829

Kraitkin and Predator are the only correct choices.

Defeated by packet loss.

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Gratz Winter!
Started with Inci today, already got a quarter done.
Jerus, i had the same opinion on the Greatswords but then I made Twilight out of boredom and guess what, last Friday und finished Sunrise! I REGRET NOTHING
Make one for your main class.

Also from above;
BINGOOOO

toxic since 2012

maha.7902

Gibbing bosses is stupid.

Making a 30 second fight last for say, 60 seconds for no reason is pointless.

A boss that dies in 5 seconds so as opposed to 30 seconds via “conventional” DPS however is something that needs fixing, which it was.

Jerus.4350

Gratz Winter!
Started with Inci today, already got a quarter done.
Jerus, i had the same opinion on the Greatswords but then I made Twilight out of boredom and guess what, last Friday und finished Sunrise! I REGRET NOTHING
Make one for your main class.

Also from above;
BINGOOOO

Hi, I’m Jerus, and I’m an Altoholic

:D Really I guess my guard is, though I probably have more dungeon time on my Ele/Mesmer, I’ve been loving learning my Engi and then Necro is my WvW main. I don’t sPVP enough to really call anything my main there. So it’s going to be something my guard can use but I’d like if I could use it on at least one of the other chars I use a lot. So I’m kinda thinking Minstrel but just disappointed there are no footsteps, That’s like half of the legendary not being there. So Moot sounds decent but then it’s sometimes on my guard and when I rarely play my warrior… ugh. If Minstrel had footsteps it’d probably be an easy choice.

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Sometimes less is more Mr. Altoholic!
My first one was howler before it had footsteps and the effect from minstrel isn’t bad imo.

toxic since 2012

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Most OH legendary weapons don’t have a foot step

Why don’t you make Meteorlogicus? It can be used by guard/mesmer/ele/necro.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

deSade.9437

Have you guys ever licked a lamp in winter?

Just got to that part, I get this now.

He will be mine.

For the first time ever in an rpg, I made a female character just to do him.
Again.
And again.
And again.
/nohomo

Yeah, going back to my dark lonely thoughts now

(edited by deSade.9437)

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Anet QA is looking into fixing ACp2, SEp2 and Arahp4. This is good news for everyone. =)

I know who I am, do you know who you are?