General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 1

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Lich has unavoidable Torment and you need perfect timing for Horror’s basic attack, which gets pretty tiresome after 5 mins.

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

Right, completely missed torment, mostly because it’s fairly harmless.

Defeated by packet loss.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

But enough whining about my low playing skills. I was checking this out earlier…

Giving a reference to how a PHIWs outroar would look like, in case of a release someone like me has a solid change of liking:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Please-add-end-game-raiding-10-20-mans/first

Read some of the crazy PHIWs going insane and kittening themselves over things such as “gear grinding” and “discrimination”, rampant “elitism” in guilds forbidding you from entering missions, “being forced” to raid…
… We don’t know if they’ll ever add anything that resembles a raid, WoW or GW1 like, we haven’t even established what a raid is, and they’ve already started freaking out!

I made a rudimental list of how the rewards for raids should look like according to PHIWs:
- no (stronger or not) gear specific to the raid because they’d feel “forced” to raid;
- no highly desirable cosmetic/vanity items in the raid else they’d feel “forced” to raid;
- no content that requires high coordination (guilds), else they wouldn’t be able to raid;
- no content that requires high skillcap, else they wouldn’t be able to raid [duh];
- no content that requires a big team/time in an instance else they wouldn’t…
And it goes on an on. There’s more. If anyone wants to continue, cus I’m falling asleep.

Now, seems like we already have something like that. Yeah, it’s called…. everything in the game.
/sigh

One thing I’m wondering, though: are they going to put crafting in raids? Eh? Eh? Who wants crafting in raids? I do. Badly.

(edited by deSade.9437)

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

One thing I’m wondering, though: are they going to put crafting in raids? Eh? Eh? Who wants crafting in raids? I do. Badly.

That would only fit into ANet vision if it’s time gated. But yeah, that thread is full of potato and entertainment.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

So today I solo’ed arah p2 on my Warrior and had no one to give the path to, so I decided to give the path away on LFG for the first time in a long time.

Not only I didn’t get kicked, but people thanked me and 2 out of the 4 sent me some gold. I might start doing this again if this is the kind of people I get when giving my path away.

The last time I did that, people would either kick me or leave without saying a word, not even a thank you.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Wow. “My guild is kittenty so we shouldn’t have hard content.” Hadn’t seen that one before.

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

Wow. “My guild is kittenty so we shouldn’t have hard content.” Hadn’t seen that one before.

2 kazul 4 casual content

dlonie.6547

DA:O noooooo….Leske was my f-f-f-friend

T_T

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

ikr, what a guy

at least you still got your sister

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

dlonie.6547

Right, my concubine sister and drunk mother…

Brandin’ ain’t easy.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

:’( this gane is getting harder and harder to play for a long time. Even the forums are less interesting. ( no offense )

What to do, what to do..

maha.7902

what you do is spend more time in other games

i even started playing iphone games again, kek

Purple Miku.7032

Sweet sweet karma. Any of you guys remember this? http://www.twitch.tv/purpleishawt/c/3744743

Super long time ago, some guy entered my instance back during the times that I used to sell arah p1. I listed an ad on LFG for tar help, and some guy joins and basically says “send me gold or I’ll kick” or whatever. He booted me out of my instance.

8 months later it happens to him, and he posts a thread whining about it:
https://forum-es.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/game/Abuso-y-robo-del-sistema-de-grupo/first#post101194

(This thread is not in english, my chrome is able to translate it but if your browser cannot then the tl;dr is right below anyways)

I found out about it by getting a private message describing it: http://puu.sh/cs4sb.png

Oh dear.

Posted by: Laulajatar.4253

Laulajatar.4253

Finally! Im so happy

Thanks to everyone that dragged me, uhm, I mean, accompanied me in the last two months and taught me how to die a horribliy, yeah, I mean, fight him.

And thanks to my guildie that let me inherit this instance, because I’m too kittening lazy to get one myself.

Attachments:

This is no signature.
Cloud of Sparrows [CoS]

Trice.4598

Sweet sweet karma. Any of you guys remember this? http://www.twitch.tv/purpleishawt/c/3744743

Super long time ago, some guy entered my instance back during the times that I used to sell arah p1. I listed an ad on LFG for tar help, and some guy joins and basically says “send me gold or I’ll kick” or whatever. He booted me out of my instance.

https://forum-es.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/game/Abuso-y-robo-del-sistema-de-grupo/first#post101194

(This thread is not in english, my chrome is able to translate it but if your browser cannot then the tl;dr is right below anyways)

I found out about it by getting a private message describing it: http://puu.sh/cs4sb.png

Oh dear.

This is awesome. I still can’t believe anet wouldn’t do anything with a video like that of someone black mailing you in game… it disgusts me. However I am glad to see that this guy got what he deserved, if I see him selling, I’ll make sure to crash his instance.

Purple Miku.7032

Haha well I’m not trying to encourage it… but…

Oh who am I kidding. Give him hell!

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Finally! Im so happy

Thanks to everyone that dragged me, uhm, I mean, accompanied me in the last two months and taught me how to die a horribliy, yeah, I mean, fight him.

And thanks to my guildie that let me inherit this instance, because I’m too kittening lazy to get one myself.

Grats!

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

Oh dear.

hahahahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahaah

Attachments:

dlonie.6547

That is just glorious. Gratz Miku, justice that sweet doesn’t come often! Almost seems to perfect to be possible, but….mothercatting video xD

I’d love a better translation of his last post on that page, google is failing hard with some of his mispellings:

el miku es muy listo el subió el vídeo que le intereso a el, el me echo ami primero y me guarde el user para cuando lo viera devolvérselo, y no.. no tengo pruebas, si cres que eso me va a quitar el sueño.. yo no vivo de esto.

Purple Miku.7032

Yeah… chrome translated it to “the miku is very ready uploaded the video that interested him, the I pour ami first and I save the user when seeing him return it and no .. I have no proof, if you cres that I will lose sleep. . I do not live this.

-shrugs-

Iunno. Looks like he’s trying to deny it and say that I skewed the situation in my favor or some nonsense like that. Seems like a pretty awful guy.

Trice.4598

Haha well I’m not trying to encourage it… but…

Oh who am I kidding. Give him hell!

Haha I just realized my definition of crashing might be sightly different, I did not mean destroy the instance but more in a party crasher way, I trolled a guy who stole an instance to sell it back for a good 30 minutes before he kicked me, it was hilarious.

Purple Miku.7032

Ah, some friends of mine got help from a person that is a native speaker to translate that paragraph. Even he had trouble deciphering it lol. He says that a lot of letters that should have been accented were left out, which is why google had a hard time translating it.

Essentially he said that I was apparently smart to upload a video of my incident, and that he isn’t going to lose sleep over getting kicked… or something like that. Different than what I interpreted I guess xD

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I spent the whole day today not playing games but to watch GW2 on twitch. And… something bothers me too much that I think I’m gonna take a break from the game. Just come here to say something, in case anyone wonders about my disappearance :\

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Finally! Im so happy

throws confetti
Congratulations, Laula!

One day, in the far future, I’m hoping to be able to post a similar picture .

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

el miku es muy listo el subió el vídeo que le intereso a el, el me echo ami primero y me guarde el user para cuando lo viera devolvérselo, y no.. no tengo pruebas, si cres que eso me va a quitar el sueño.. yo no vivo de esto.

I’m from Spain. To sum up: Miku is smart. He uploaded the video he had interest with (meaning that Miku is not showing the whole incident). He kicked me first. I kept his name in order to take revenge. I don’t have any evidence. I am not worried.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: anabasis.7346

anabasis.7346

Ah, some friends of mine got help from a person that is a native speaker to translate that paragraph. Even he had trouble deciphering it lol. He says that a lot of letters that should have been accented were left out, which is why google had a hard time translating it.

Essentially he said that I was apparently smart to upload a video of my incident, and that he isn’t going to lose sleep over getting kicked… or something like that. Different than what I interpreted I guess xD

When all this was happening it was like 2 am here so I had to go to sleep and now that I’m back from class I’m trying to find out the whole story.

Your frist interpretation was right and Ryn.6459 provided a perfect translation.

This guy, BolaOcho, posted a rant saying that he had been kicked at the end of his instance in Arah P4 and that someone should ban de offenders.
An hour later me and Elrey exposed this guy in our posts telling everybody how he had done exactly the same 8 months ago. At this point, I think that he was a bit scared because he didn’t expect anyone to remember what he had done so long ago, let alone the fact that he had been recorded on video, so he decided to remove the original post to cover everything up.

However, it was too late, kitten had already hit the fan and his post was still visible in my quote, and Elrey had already provided the link with the video.

Then he decided to change his strategy and opted to discredit you to make it look like it was his word against yours. He also made a pathetic attempt at looking tough by saying that he didn’t care about it, but in the end, I think he was just freaking out that he had been caught red-handed.

I kinda figured out that something like this could happen so I took some screen shots of his original postfor further evidence.

In the end it’s funny, all this just backfired so hard for him lol.

(edited by anabasis.7346)

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

I love karma. Anabasis already said everything I could say. We did remember what happened to Miku and did make sure the thread did get the deserved attention with proofs against BolaOcho. The spanish moderators already deleted the thread, so I hope the guy is banned :P

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Jerus.4350

I love karma. Anabasis already said everything I could say. We did remember what happened to Miku and did make sure the thread did get the deserved attention with proofs against BolaOcho. The spanish moderators already deleted the thread, so I hope the guy is banned :P

Don’t hold your breath, apparently Heitred was running arah last night… still around…

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Remember when they said they ban for things like that? Pepperidge farm remembers.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Trolling casuals with a fresh Gwynefyrdd

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Remember when they said they ban for things like that? Pepperidge farm remembers.

Attachments:

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

The Grandmaster has spoken!

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

dlonie.6547

Don’t hold your breath, apparently Heitred was running arah last night… still around…

This is a joke, right?

Right?

Trice.4598

This is a joke, right?

Right?

Nope, he was selling path 3 just 2 days ago.

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

Currently locked out of my account because I had the mobile authenticator on and my phone got smashed. Submitted a ticket yesterday and am waiting on cs to help (only way I’m posting is because I am logged in on my phone at a friends house).

In other news the other day I shocked a group in arah when I asked them if I could swap out to my lvl 20 to level at the end of the run. Apparently its not common to do that in arah

maha.7902

i annoyed some pugs today using the solo/decent group (box) for alphard today

then they kept running around during the daggerstorm and i didn’t bother to dodge the orb bounce so i died T_T

like, man

i really miss the old alphard, that reeeeeaallly punished errors and all was well in the world.

J Eberle.9312

I want to bring this to everyone’s attention: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Justice-has-been-served/page/5#post4523631

A dungeon griefer has been banned and Chris is looking for information on the famed Mr. H, the one we all ‘Hate.’ I encourage you all to PM him any screenshots that you have of his encounters with you, chat logs, videos etc.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

People has been on welfare for so long that any crumb is still good nutrition.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

i sent him what i had.

good nutrition? hell we’re having protein overdose at this point xD

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

ooOoo sweet justice..

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

Explained the Lich attacks to the mob I decided to lead for the fun of it. 10-12 skeletons per spawn instead of 24. Same with people running into the wall feared. I am gaining the faith back.

Defeated by packet loss.

dlonie.6547

I want to bring this to everyone’s attention: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Justice-has-been-served/page/5#post4523631

A dungeon griefer has been banned and Chris is looking for information on the famed Mr. H, the one we all ‘Hate.’ I encourage you all to PM him any screenshots that you have of his encounters with you, chat logs, videos etc.

Looks like the thread was deleted >.<

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

#justice #served

The reddit topic has pages saved : http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2kmzjc/a_must_read_what_not_to_do_when_you_grief_other/cln3uj3

Enjoy the salty tears. Btw I gained a PvF level

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

J Eberle.9312

Yep. To those wishing to message the Security lead about said person with information, his contact info is here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/members/Chris-Cleary-8017

dlonie.6547

ilu Sam and Swifty (and others). I read the html dump of the first four pages, that was just too precious xD “Go read the TOS and stop verbally abusing me, you kitten kitten. (slat batch)”

I’m feeling a little dangley after that though. I didn’t get to see any of the posts about the dongs getting banned or the APB for Heit :-( Any of you snap happy folks got a screengrab of the later portions of the convo?

Reading this is the most fun I’ve gotten out of GW2 in months :-D

Edit: kitten nvm, reddit saves the day again

EditiMcEditPoo: Wow. D // e // r // p gets the feline treatment now? Seems a tad zealous.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Jerus.4350

Wait, kitten is going to get kittened?

There is a dev in game who’s name is “kitten y” lol or I guess I have to say d—e—r—p-y (great dev though, very funny to play with in WvW while he’s on his ranger going balls deep with zerk gear )

dlonie.6547

I also like how “dongs” got through just fine xD

I’m still sore that I wasn’t around for that thread, especially since my 5 minute FC seems to have expired \o/

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Looks like a good show is coming up :o

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Wait, kitten is going to get kittened?

There is a dev in game who’s name is “kitten” lol or I guess I have to say kitten -y (great dev though, very funny to play with in WvW while he’s on his ranger going balls deep with zerk gear )

He’s actually our all mighty Chris “Banhammer” Cleary with his Moon Moon doggy companion.