Lindbur.2537

But… guardians in general don’t worship gods… so no holy powa

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 1

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

dont worry guys, as long as we stay in this subforum, I suppose you could say we have

strength in numbers

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

dont worry guys, as long as we stay in this subforum, I suppose you could say we have

strength in numbers

Oh god that pug was so versatile.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

strength in numbers

yeeeeaaaahhhh

A remnant of times past.

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

strength in numbers

i’ll never forget him going to res me at mai trin, dumping purging flames down despite nobody having conditions and dropping wall of reflection for no reason

good times

gooooooooood times

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Lilith Ajit.6173

strength in numbers

i’ll never forget him going to res me at mai trin, dumping purging flames down despite nobody having conditions and dropping wall of reflection for no reason

good times

gooooooooood times

He’s so versatile he uses skills before he needs them. Psychic versatility OP.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

hi, does anyone have any suggestions for a free recording software that’s better than bandicam? bandicam hasn’t been too bad for my ingame fps but the actual fps of the video is terrible (see http://youtu.be/xvysk5_k16s). am I just doing it wrong? completely clueless about this screen capturing stuff.

PS: don’t mind the horrible lupi solo in that video.

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

I recommend recording with msi afterburner and then using virtualdub to compress using the Xvid MPEG-4 Codec. My original recordings are all very jittery but once i compress them with vdub the smoothness improves and the quality is kept.

You can find tutorials on how to setup afterburner video recording on youtube.

(edited by Spoj The Second.7680)

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

good times

gooooooooood times

At least your pug guard had reflects and cleanses, I just joined a pug on their 3rd fractal with both a condi guard and a healing guard, and 0 reflects between the two of them.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Amazing stuff. About 15 body length amazing.

Attachments:

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

He was whispering me after he left the party and talking about how you were a noob and failed the skip twice, i responded with lol what and he send me some abuse out of nowhere #surprise attack.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

I’ve been suppressing the urge to wish all of the Townclothes/DualLegendary complainers as much luck with ANet and as much courtesy and sympathy as we were shown in the Fractal Reset threads. The forums are a plague on my mind.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’ve been suppressing the urge to wish all of the Townclothes/DualLegendary complainers as much luck with ANet and as much courtesy and sympathy as we were shown in the Fractal Reset threads. The forums are a plague on my mind.

I’m guessing you just read the thread I just sadly participated in.

And yes I’ve been tempted too. Especially the dual wielding legendaries guys.

[ARES]

DigitalKirin.9714

Yup.
/15charrtownclothes.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I actually got caught by my own impulsive mind and tried poking them with a stick to see what their arguments were.

“Players with multiple copies of the same dye got an unid dye as a compensation, we should get an unid legendary skin, seems fair”
Yeah.
By the way, I’m back to poking the “I’m guessing it’s the same with abom” guys.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

He was whispering me after he left the party and talking about how you were a noob and failed the skip twice, i responded with lol what and he send me some abuse out of nowhere #surprise attack.

ONCE! I failed it once cause I was super excited about soloing Shoggroth. Forgot to change skills. I had like turrets or something equipped.
I also deeply regret not having a screen cap of “sry i forgot banner”

Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith’s Super Real Patch Notes

Fractal Changes

• From now until the next feature patch (2020), bobble heads are now a permanent instability for fractals above 10. The head will get larger for each tick of agony. We have done this to ensure a continuing challenge for our players.
  • Due to the changes in the Fractals in scales above 10, we will be resetting all levels down to 10. This will be to accommodate the coming leaderboards which will be detailed below.
  • After much thought, we have determined that the best metric for fractal skill should be “How large was the player’s head before completing the fractal?” This is to encourage the use of more balanced gear types, so that players do not need to dodge telegraphed attacks that produce agony. We feel that this is the best way to separate the good players from the exploiters.

Open World and Dungeon Changes

• All aggro’d elite and veteran mobs will have an infinitely long leash range. These mobs will follow you out of a map, an instance, anywhere, until you either kill them or log out for at least 2 hours. (If you encounter Dredge, any Dredge left alive will spawn a clown car of 200 other dredge that will also be aggro’d infinitely.)
  • All dungeon safe spots have been walled off. If a player attempts to approach one, the player is instantly downed and all pieces of armor completely broken (but you don’t have to pay to fix it!).
  • In order to complete a dungeon path each day, each player must watch all of the cut scenes that detail the story prior to the place in time which the particular path is placed. This is to increase immersion.
  • All dungeons have events to contest them, which take at a minimum of 15 minutes to complete and a maximum of 5 minutes to respawn. This is to increase immersion.

Black Lion Trading Post Additions

• Sick of all the mobs chasing you? Buy the Infinite Deaggro Pass which will grant you access to the Deaggro room. This cannot be used in dungeons or PvP, but can be yours for the small price of 2000 gems! Be the only one in your party to escape, and leave the guardians to do the dirty work!
  • Dredge Mini Pack: 500 gems. Get these cute cuddly minis today! Pack includes 50 mini dredge chasing and attacking you from behind (no, they can’t hurt you!), a rolling dredge clowncar, and a mini Rabsovich.
  • All of the returned town clothes tonics are now offered in the Style section of the gem store. Get yours before we run out! 200 gems per tonic.
[ARES]

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I expect to see a bunch of new meta builds today.

Healementalist: They’ll have runes of the monk + epic staff healz in Water Magic, healing everyone for 35% more on top of their cleric’s gear. They’re the only reason you’ll stay alive in any dungeon

2 Engineer builds. Knock Back Spam and Turret Boons.

With the new trait in Explosives, it’s obvious that you should knock foes around everywhere to get that 3 seconds of quickness for super deeps.

You could also be a great support player by using Turrets that give a decent boon every 10 seconds. They’ll only live 10 seconds though

30/30/X/X/X Condition guardians. Not only will burn do 33% more damage but Retaliation can scale with condition damage! Obvious choice is obvious

For Mesmer, you’ll see excellent boon shatterer’s. Giving boons and using utilities that grant them more clones for more shattering. And also epic interrupt mantra heal builds (Won’t heal as good as an healementalist but they’ll still be the reason you’re alive)

You’ll also see Juggernecros. Now able to regenerate heal in deathshroud, they can also spec for life stealing or they’ll heal you with their life blast spam

Bearbows..already incredible, now even better with Longbow arrows that fly twice as fast! When they’re at 1500 range it’s like they’re at 750. Right?

Thieve’s are the squishiest, but they’ll be ok now because they can spec to get healed on every critical hit and when they’re in stealth they’ll take 50% less damage. It’s genius

Warriors. Not as extravagent as the other classes but I believe we’ll see many tank Warriors, now that they get 1000 toughness when they break out of all those stuns in dungeons, and they can make use of banner or shout heals so they protect the group with their super tankyness

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’ll be the healiest of all eles. Boooooom.

[ARES]

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

@Lilith

I would actually buy the Dredge mini pack if they implemented that.

Lilith Ajit.6173

@Lilith

Me too. I think the idea is pure gold.

[ARES]

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I’d buy that dredge minipack as well.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Perhaps I should submit it to arena net as an idea and ask for 1% of the gems bought as a royalty.

[ARES]

Silberfisch.3046

I forsee a not-so-townclothes-clothes-potion that grants you a t-shirt with the usual “and all I got was this stupid t-shirt”-slogan as a one time payment instead.

Lilith Ajit.6173

I forsee a not-so-townclothes-clothes-potion that grants you a t-shirt with the usual “and all I got was this stupid t-shirt”-slogan as a one time payment instead.

I’ll take it!

Hahaha

[ARES]

Silberfisch.3046

And while we are at mini packs, a horde of fashionable asura to follow you around and berate you to change your style into something more fashionable?

Sorry for being silly, had a bad day and I need that right now.

Lilith Ajit.6173

And while we are at mini packs, a horde of fashionable asura to follow you around and berate you to change your style into something more fashionable?

Sorry for being silly, had a bad day and I need that right now.

Hehe why are you apologizing? The patch notes are supposed to be silly!

And I can always follow you around doing just that if you like.

[ARES]

Posted by: Tarug.7369

Tarug.7369

@Lilith

Me too. I think the idea is pure gold.

Add me to the buyer list!

Can we also have a “pug mini pack”? It could contain:

- A mini staff guardian following you while spamming the 1 auto “whoosh… whoosh… whoosh”;
- A mini longbow ranger with a mini mini bear pet ;
- A mini MM necro with its own horde of tiny minions.

Nina Tarug [NP] – mesmer
“You’re a bitter man," said Candide.
“That’s because I’ve lived in the dungeon forum,” said Martin.

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

if i ever met a staff guardian in real life woosh wooshing in the middle of the city i would brutally beat him to death in full view of everyone.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Lilith Ajit.6173

if i ever met a staff guardian in real life woosh wooshing in the middle of the city i would brutally beat him to death in full view of everyone.

puts you on a list to go find

Hehehe

[ARES]

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Just thought some of you would find this funny. Check out the troll haven that is ESO dungeons. I’ve never seen anything so specifically designed for trolls. GW2 “merge parties” button is a good troll skill, but nothing like an ESO dungeon.

Lindbur.2537

I’m adding those beautiful patch notes to my compilation!

A remnant of times past.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Please write moar. I’m dying in anticipation.

[ARES]

Lindbur.2537

I got infracted for the third set I wrote and it got deleted… :<

A remnant of times past.

Silberfisch.3046

Ok, I simply have to ask. Why do you have that wiki entry in your signature Lindbur?

Lilith Ajit.6173

QQ.

Sil, kaiser is his alt account I believe

[ARES]

Posted by: Kaiser.8504

Kaiser.8504

Yep it is.

Secretly an elitist jaguar
[Noob] Info Desk | [LOD]

Silberfisch.3046

You live and learn. Thanks for the information.

In some cases I am familiar with which alt account belongs to whom, but in this case I wasn’t.
Edit: And apparently was to dumb to recognize the hint.

Lilith Ajit.6173

You live and learn. Thanks for the information.

In some cases I am familiar with which alt account belongs to whom, but in this case I wasn’t.

It’s new so I’m not surprised.

Oooh! What’s mmy alts account?!

[ARES]

Silberfisch.3046

I would hazard that anyone who spent some time on the forums is familiar with your alt Lilith, since you opened Lilith’s fashionable dungeon run challenge using it.

Lindbur.2537

TinyQuark.

:>

A remnant of times past.

Lilith Ajit.6173

I would hazard that anyone who spent some time on the forums is familiar with your alt Lilith, since you opened Lilith’s fashionable dungeon run challenge using it.

That’s good. I forgot it.

Phew.

Jokes hehehe

Lindy bear I love you. My 3rd account will be tinyquark.

[ARES]

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

PATCH. WHERE. WANT.

Lilith Ajit.6173

PATCH. WHERE. WANT.

DOOOOOO WANNNNT

[ARES]

DigitalKirin.9714

I feel somewhat evil. I am enjoying the fact that as people cry about their dual legendaries and wardrobe, all I can think of is how people in the fractal reset thread said, “just wait until this happens to you.” And it kind of reminds me of something I’d wanted to paraphrase but never had the opportunity to…

This forum is afraid of me… I have seen its true face. The GD forum is an extended gutter and the gutter is full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the casuals will drown. The accumulated filth of their anti-zerker rhetoric will foam up about their waists and all the bowbear and staff guardians will look up and show “Save us!” … and I’ll look down and whisper “No.”

I should probably take a break from the forums for a bit.

Lindbur.2537

Apparently the police have been here, but I have no idea what is now missing from the thread. O_O

A remnant of times past.

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

strength in numbers

good times

gooooooooood times

Aaah, the “drop walls and feedback” everywhere cargo cult that is the bane of playing elementalist in pugs. Me see reflect work once me thinks reflect best spammed.

Nothing like seeing area retaliation and chaos armor. Although I’ve been guilty of trolling a couple ele at times by putting a symbol right before their rotation since trolling is always funny when it doesn’t happen to you.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

Lilith Ajit.6173

I feel somewhat evil. I am enjoying the fact that as people cry about their dual legendaries and wardrobe, all I can think of is how people in the fractal reset thread said, “just wait until this happens to you.” And it kind of reminds me of something I’d wanted to paraphrase but never had the opportunity to…

This forum is afraid of me… I have seen its true face. The GD forum is an extended gutter and the gutter is full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the casuals will drown. The accumulated filth of their anti-zerker rhetoric will foam up about their waists and all the bowbear and staff guardians will look up and show “Save us!” … and I’ll look down and whisper “No.”

I should probably take a break from the forums for a bit.

I was just reading the champ train Nerf thread and I seriously considered signing off and never coming back. There’s this person in there talking about how great it is and they are like “I’m so happy more people will be forced to play dungeons because I LOVE dungeons!” And I’m sitting here thinking… “then…. why would you want more brainless pugs to be thrown into the mix…”

Anyway I hate that person and wish they couldn’t post.

Also, someone said they nerfed rewards in dungeons. How?

[ARES]

Lindbur.2537

Boss chests are now openable only once a day is what they said.

A remnant of times past.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Boss chests? Thought they were already 1 per day

[ARES]