General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 1

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Highest possible HP (non exploitz) is 61389,2. Full Vit Warrior under Rampage wielding a conjured Earth Shield, under +10% WvW buff. Can get hier however if you boost your power.

No idea why I was checking that out, maybe Frifox’s DPS meter got me to do this. Sharing is carrying

Don’t forget banner and that npc commander buff!

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

You could also just take a look at gw2dungeons and see which attacks can’t be blocked

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Now this is awesome . I love the music of that movie (ah well, the whole movie really), but the new lyrics are just great! Thanks for posting!

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

/listening to he-man HEYEYEYAH! while soloing arah because i’m a cool kid

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

ugh, now that LS shadow dragon seems to be way too hard to defeat for the average player wtf is wrong with players nowadays, 10 years back complains like these did not exist

9 Guardians later…

deSade.9437

I’m bored out of my mind, with a colossal headache and I’m kinda hungry too. Any extremely engaging movie for a poor kitten with a very low attention span?
By very low I mean a few minutes. Just slightly better than a goldfish.

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

If you want a prime example of what we call “popcorn movies” around here because you just watch them to be entertained without having to think about anything: Go with Pacific Rim. That is if you like giant monsters and robots. In that case it is fun to watch. Although you might already know that one.

In unrelated news (I like those): Yesterday I decided to give my little ele some care. Went and got her a new set of strength runes since her old were trapped inside karma armor pieces and decided to check DEKeyz guide so I would be something more than a conjure vending machine and a few might stacks with fury. (Which was what I used my ele for so far, if I used her at all.)
Holy fuzzy feline. I knew ele was a higher skill profession compared to some others out there but the rotation alone on d/f – I dislike scepter and staff for some reason – almost made me go back to my little thief. Guess it’s time for my little flower to go back to school.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

If you want a prime example of what we call “popcorn movies” around here because you just watch them to be entertained without having to think about anything: Go with Pacific Rim. That is if you like giant monsters and robots. In that case it is fun to watch. Although you might already know that one.

In unrelated news (I like those): Yesterday I decided to give my little ele some care. Went and got her a new set of strength runes since her old were trapped inside karma armor pieces and decided to check DEKeyz guide so I would be something more than a conjure vending machine and a few might stacks with fury. (Which was what I used my ele for so far, if I used her at all.)
Holy fuzzy feline. I knew ele was a higher skill profession compared to some others out there but the rotation alone on d/f – I dislike scepter and staff for some reason – almost made me go back to my little thief. Guess it’s time for my little flower to go back to school.

Yeah, the ele rotations are crazy. D/F has the “worst” rotation though imo.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/s2/Mists-Stone-for-1000-Badges-of-Honor/first this thread… ugh

deSade.9437

Ah come on they’re not that hard… or maybe it’s because I got used to it? After a while you practice the rotations… Not like I do them 100% perfectly every time, obviously. I mostly play my elly in fractals and sometimes my rotations are screwed up.

Anyway, I don’t like robots. What about some huge kitten dragons, lots of swords, lots of blood and vikings killing each other?
Bonus points if there’s a mage throwing fireballs around.

Posted by: Jiyn.3158

Jiyn.3158

Ah come on they’re not that hard… or maybe it’s because I got used to it? After a while you practice the rotations… Not like I do them 100% perfectly every time, obviously. I mostly play my elly in fractals and sometimes my rotations are screwed up.

Anyway, I don’t like robots. What about some huge kitten dragons, lots of swords, lots of blood and vikings killing each other?

How the hell do you not like robots? Might as well just watch some GoT then or watch Kingdom of Heaven for some good fights.

Never trust a Stormcrow.

Silberfisch.3046

[…]

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/s2/Mists-Stone-for-1000-Badges-of-Honor/first this thread… ugh

As I said, I dislike staff and scepter almost equally. If I run around on my own I usually use d/d on my ele, but for groups d/f seems to be better from what I’ve read so far and I’m not adverse to focus so that’s what I wanted to try.
At the end of the day I’m still a PHYW. But I dislike being carried. (Although it happens, because some people simply play way better than me. But I’m working on that.)

Silberfisch.3046

Tricky, I could recommend an oldie but goodie, “The 13th Warrior”.
How are you in regard to animated movies? Or does it have to be a … “not animated movie”? (Even my trusted leo and google failed me trying to quickly find a better english expression for that…)

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I usually just pop in The Big Lebowski or some Trailer Park Boys when I’m feeling like that. No sword fights, but mindless hilarity.

deSade.9437

Comedies and comedians in general don’t make me laugh. I hate people that try too hard to be funny.
Anyway… I’m ok with animation movies if they’re not too kittened. As long as I dont’ feel embarassed for the characters…. One in stop-motion would be the top tier but eh… seems like after making Tim Burton they threw the mould away.
And robots suck.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

[…]

As I said, I dislike staff and scepter almost equally. If I run around on my own I usually use d/d on my ele, but for groups d/f seems to be better from what I’ve read so far and I’m not adverse to focus so that’s what I wanted to try.
At the end of the day I’m still a PHYW. But I dislike being carried. (Although it happens, because some people simply play way better than me. But I’m working on that.)

Just keep at it, took me weeks to get S/F and S/D down, still don’t have D/F down yet but that’s my next one to master. I like LH so I started with scepter… well started with staff but that hardly counts as learning a rotation…

Jerus.4350

Comedies and comedians in general don’t make me laugh. I hate people that try too hard to be funny.
Anyway… I’m ok with animation movies if they’re not too kittened. As long as I dont’ feel embarassed for the characters…. One in stop-motion would be the top tier but eh… seems like after making Tim Burton they threw the mould away.
And robots suck.

<3 Tim Burton for anything he wrote, not a fan of his… remakes I guess you’d call them. Alice in Wonderland and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory both disappointed me because they were so far off the movies I grew up loving… and well, as good as Johnny Depp is he’s no Gene Wilder.

For Dragons it’s not so much fantasy but Reign of Fire is a favorite of mine. BIG AWESOME DRAGONS! For more fantasy stuff the Merlin TV show isn’t bad though not as dragon focused, and being a TV show you can watch it in short stints making it easier on the attention span (I usually try to have a TV show I’m watching at all times so I have something to just turn on when I’m bored).

And yeah Silberfish, 13th Warrior is awesome. The one with Antonio Banderas right?

deSade.9437

Ok I’m writing those down…. I think I’ll start with reign of fire because it sounds cool. DRAGONS!

Tim Burton was awesome before he started going full-on commercial stuff. Back when he was a poet and made short movies. So intense. I think I like his poems even more than his movies.
I was almost in tears when I walked out of the cinema after Alice in Wonderland. No joke. You know, I’ve been waiting for YEARS to see the amazing connubio of two geniuses… Carroll and Burton… and what I got was that… that… junk. Not even commercial, just LAME.
Props to Depp anyway, I liked his mad hatter. The rest was pure crap.

Silberfisch.3046

Reign of fire is a good film, but the end is a bit anticlimatic.

If animated series are ok, go with Record of Lodoss’ war. That has everything except the vikings.

Jerus.4350

That’s exactly how I felt watching that movie. It seemed like a recipe for greatness but it just turned out… bleh

deSade.9437

Yeah,.. it could’ve been grand… shimmering… meh. It had so much potential.
Like gw2.
And added that do the list of things to watch I knew my forum bros would’ve been helpful.

(edited by deSade.9437)

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

+ 1 for Reign of Fire !

Snow Crows [SC]

Silberfisch.3046

Just keep at it, took me weeks to get S/F and S/D down, still don’t have D/F down yet but that’s my next one to master. I like LH so I started with scepter… well started with staff but that hardly counts as learning a rotation…

Truth be told the main reason I went to play my little ele is that she ate 2 total makeover kits and two hairstyling kits so far. Which may not be much compared to what some other people do, but is is a lot for a toon you only log onto if you need her crafting skills or if your group needs more conjures to kill burrows in AC.
I like her looks and I didn’t want her to be a wallflower (she’s a sylvari) so I decided to give her some sunshine.

Edit: I expected her to be more complicated than the classes I usually play, but not to that degree.

(edited by Silberfisch.3046)

deSade.9437

I didn’t want her to be a wallflower (she’s a sylvari)

Ha. Ha. Ha.
Ha.

Silberfisch.3046

Sometimes I can’t resist a bad pun.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Bad puns are the best puns.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Dragons? Vikings? How about “How to train your dragon”? But it’s probably too much of a “family movie” for your taste …

One of these days, I want to learn how to play my ele in dungeons, too. She’s by far my most-played character with some 700+ hours of playtime, but she’s almost exclusively played in WvW zerg mode (staff, full soldiers and 0/2/0/6/6) … if I ever manage to master my mesmer(s) and ranger, she’ll be next.

Jerus.4350

Truth be told the main reason I went to play my little ele is that she ate 2 total makeover kits and two hairstyling kits so far. Which may not be much compared to what some other people do, but is is a lot for a toon you only log onto if you need her crafting skills or if your group needs more conjures to kill burrows in AC.
I like her looks and I didn’t want her to be a wallflower (she’s a sylvari) so I decided to give her some sunshine.

Edit: I expected her to be more complicated than the classes I usually play, but not to that degree.

While I didn’t use any kits the reason I decided to play my Ele a lot and really learn it was because I liked how she ended up looking.

deSade.9437

No movie can help release the frustration <.<

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Argh all those people not bothering to learn Mai Trin or at least ask what may be useful against her and then qqing that she’s too difficult on a kittening scale 11 fractal

deSade.9437

Argh all those people not bothering to learn Mai Trin or at least ask what may be useful against her and then qqing that she’s too difficult on a kittening scale 11 fractal

I’m probably one of the worst players on this forum at mai trin. but even I didn’t dare to say it’s too kitten level 11. That means the guy must’ve been pretty bad.
I approve.
Keep GS’ing as a mesmer!!!

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I’m probably one of the worst players on this forum at mai trin. but even I didn’t dare to say it’s too kitten level 11. That means the guy must’ve been pretty bad.
I approve.
Keep GS’ing as a mesmer!!!

I don’t even expect people to be awesome at Mai Trin.

But when I have a sword/horn and LB war, a thief who’s camping shortbow and, who would’ve known, a GS-camping mesmer and they all didn’t bother to listen to advice then they have no godkitten right to QQ about Mai Trin being difficult.

deSade.9437

Well, the only positive thing I can say about my performance at mai is that I bring scepter/sword as a mesmer.
Can’t think of anything else… because I die at the first cannon phase.
Q.Q
Be understanding, noobs have problem at that boss. It’s actually pretty complicated mechanics-wise IF you consider the level of other bosses.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Well, the only positive thing I can say about my performance at mai is that I bring scepter/sword as a mesmer.
Can’t think of anything else… because I die at the first cannon phase.
Q.Q
Be understanding, noobs have problem at that boss. It’s actually pretty complicated mechanics-wise IF you consider the level of other bosses.

I never bring scepter actually.

It’s not like I expect them to survive Mai Trin flawlessly (or at all) because I know her skill level needed for her is higher.
I however can’t understand why people qq about her while not bothering to counter her or use weapons and skills better suited for that fight.
If you get tips for a fight you’re not good at you should at least try them out and not go “idgaf, yolo!” and then complain even more.

deSade.9437

If they had that kind of humility and thirst to learn they’d already know how to do it, don’t you think?

NovaanVerdiano.6174

If they had that kind of humility and thirst to learn they’d already know how to do it, don’t you think?

I guess so. I still think they shouldn’t cry about a fight being too difficult if they don’t even try to adapt. If they try and they still get their kitten kicked I’m totally okay with them saying “the boss is too difficult” because they don’t cripple themselves during the fight and try to their best to fight her.

deSade.9437

Once they’re convinced their stupid builds are good there’s nothing you can do. They’ll think they’re contributing 100%.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Once they’re convinced their stupid builds are good there’s nothing you can do. They’ll think they’re contributing 100%.

Sadly…

Silberfisch.3046

I know the fight – or at least I believe so – and I still fail miserably in the cannon phase fairly often.

Edit: Typos.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I know the fight – or at least I believe so – and I still fail miserably in the cannon phase fairly often.

Well the cannon phase is quite annoying, especially since they hit for much more than they used to.

I mainly talked about the “lure Mai into electric fields and punch her”-phase.

Silberfisch.3046

Well the cannon phase is quite annoying, especially since they hit for much more than they used to.

I was referring to the revised, new, properly scaling version of Mai.

The only thing that semi-regularly gets me in the normal phase is that my poor little brain apparently has trouble processing the unblockable nature of the lightning spin. Every now and then I’ll eat some of those because my train of thought goes like “oh spin, no biggy, aegis is… kitten!”.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I was referring to the revised, new, properly scaling version of Mai.

The only thing that semi-regularly gets me in the normal phase is that my poor little brain apparently has trouble processing the unblockable nature of the lightning spin. Every now and then I’ll eat some of those because my train of thought goes like “oh spin, no biggy, aegis is… kitten!”.

Heh, sounds a bit like me.

Minigrump.4961

This makes running dungeons a lot more entertaining for me for some reason. Just Pugging or running in an organised group, I play the song “Everything is Awesome” from the lego movie.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

This makes running dungeons a lot more entertaining for me for some reason. Just Pugging or running in an organised group, I play the song “Everything is Awesome” from the lego movie.

I played that in roaming and I must agree, everything feels.. well, awesome.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Minigrump.4961

Never thought I would run into one, but looks like I did.

Attachments:

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Never thought I would run into one, but looks like I did.

I knew it was coming, I was prepared, but it still hurt.

There is an amount of stupidity my mind is able to handle, this is advanced stupid. You should have left the name for blocking purpose, you wouldn’t let friend pick up this guy

Minigrump.4961

I would have but it is against the forum rules to name shame.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

I would have but it is against the forum rules to name shame.

of course, but you know, forgetting to block someone ign in a screenshot happens all the time :P.

also a good quote from General sub forum
“Why isn’t stacking and abusing boss mechanics an exploit to you all? They are abusing something too for fast money :/” from the Cursed shore blixx farm, which isn’t even that great by the way, I rather farm SE path , more box, more reliable.

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

I always see that box farm on lfg, is it that good? seems like a waste of time.