Get more Platinum Doubloons!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Elliodas.9023

Elliodas.9023

Hello everyone! Today I show how you can get platinum doubloons fast and simple.

YouTube Channel:
[Midnight Family] https://www.youtube.com/c/MidnightFamily

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

inb4 market breaks

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Market’s not going to break because this is already a source of doubloons known since just after launch. (It’s even on the wiki)

• Use the mystic forge to combine universal upgrades (shards and seals).
  • Pray to RNGesus that you get platinum doubloons.

The market for shards and doubloons adjusts for this already, just as the price for orbs/crests adjusts to the cost of Amalgamated Gemstones.

tl;dr no need for a video, market won’t changing dramatically

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Another option for those with alt accounts is to park a lvl 60 character at Sharkmaw and open the chest each day. It’s slow, but it works just like folks do with lvl 20 characters for silver doubloons.

Posted by: Magnus Godrik.5841

Magnus Godrik.5841

With the warrior buffs there is really no need to make bountiful sharpening stones. Just run 1 warrior with banner of tactics for that extra 10% boon duration you crave.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Another option for those with alt accounts is to park a lvl 60 character at Sharkmaw and open the chest each day. It’s slow, but it works just like folks do with lvl 20 characters for silver doubloons.

Good point. At current prices of mid-tier mats, it’s probably more valuable than an L25.

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

does it work with lv 53 character?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Yes, it does. The break points for silver doubloons are L21-35 based on its level requirement of 20. If I recall correctly, Copper can drop from 0 to L25, Gold at ~30 to 50, and Platinum from ~45-60 or so. I’ll see if I can find my notes, since the data seems absent from the wiki.

added: I’m getting gold on an L48, plat on L53 & 60.

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Yes, it does. The break points for silver doubloons are L21-35 based on its level requirement of 20. If I recall correctly, Copper can drop from 0 to L25, Gold at ~30 to 50, and Platinum from ~45-60 or so. I’ll see if I can find my notes, since the data seems absent from the wiki.

added: I’m getting gold on an L48, plat on L53 & 60.

Oh sweet, i have an alt at lv 53 to open all raid bags for linen/plat/hard wood xD Can use him for plat doubloons as well. Thank you

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: Elliodas.9023

Elliodas.9023

inb4 market breaks

But don’t working or yes?

YouTube Channel:
[Midnight Family] https://www.youtube.com/c/MidnightFamily

Illconceived Was Na.9781

inb4 market breaks

But don’t working or yes?

As noted above, TP prices already account for mystic forge and open-world chest sources. So, yes method works and no, it won’t break the market.