Getting 5 Pristine Relics with least pain?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

I want to craft Mawdrey, and I’m up to the point where I need to make the Mists Infused Clay Pot… which requires 5 pristine fractal relics. I’m terrible at any sort of “harder” content (and I don’t have any friends in the game to drag my sorry behind through it). Is there some… I dunno, trick or some knowledge that can make it possible for me to obtain those relics while being as bad as I am?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Use the LFG and complete daily fractal achievements.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It probably doesn’t get any better than today. Complete a scale 10 and you get two.

Two things you need to know for that fractal. Stack on the Molten Berserker(3 o’clock on the platform) in the beginning and bring reflect(or anything to destroy projectiles) for the Molten Firestorm’s fireballs if you have them. Stacking on the Molten Berserker is just to avoid having it jump all over the place.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Do fractals when daily fractal shows up—A level 1 can be solo’d. Even easier if you bring a friend; they don’t need to be good, basically just requires a pulse.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

First off, congrats on making it this far on mawdrey.

I’d already ran a few fractals with friends in the past and started that stage of mawdrey with 2 pristines a week ago (she’s beautiful, so keep going). Like everyone else has said, the easiest way is to do a daily fractal. The adept achievement gives you 1 pristine, and if it’s a good fractal day you can find achievements for another level below 10 which seem to be the easiest. If not, do the adept for 5 days. Best way to get your feet wet! You can solo level 1, but it’s best not to start that way. Level 2 definately needs 3 people. Anything after that probably best with 5 people and watching a video of it before you start. Good luck!

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

First off, congrats on making it this far on mawdrey.

I’d already ran a few fractals with friends in the past and started that stage of mawdrey with 2 pristines a week ago (she’s beautiful, so keep going). Like everyone else has said, the easiest way is to do a daily fractal. The adept achievement gives you 1 pristine, and if it’s a good fractal day you can find achievements for another level below 10 which seem to be the easiest. If not, do the adept for 5 days. Best way to get your feet wet! You can solo level 1, but it’s best not to start that way. Level 2 definately needs 3 people. Anything after that probably best with 5 people and watching a video of it before you start. Good luck!

Level two is easily solo able. Although it is easier to run the Whisp with 2 people if you don’t know what your doing. The 1 minute timer is far to generous.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I prefer the level 3, I used those to get my pristines. It only took 5 dailies.
I still do the daily once in a while, doing that aquatic fractal.

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

this thread seems somewhat…surreal. I can not add any more valuable information, the recommended dailies are the best way. But I just wish to point out: You do not have to worry about fractals being ‘harder content’ 40+ they get somewhat ‘challenging’
below you can finish almost every fractal by just staying with your team and dealing damage, knowing the tactics is simply improving your performance and knowing the mechanics is only needed for the high-level ones.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If you’re on a US server, I can help you get through some fractals. Just message me in game.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Low level fractals aren’t particularly difficult in a full party, and once you’ve done some levels a few times, you might try levels that suit you at a somewhat higher difficulty scale. There’s a list on the wiki with all the levels and what fractal they are. For example: Level 11 is the same as level 1, though a little harder. Level 12 is a somewhat harder version of level 4. Etc. Etc.

I mean, why stop at 5 pristine relics? They buy good rewards and the content is worth trying if you haven’t yet since HoT came out. The option to do individual levels of your choice instead of a series of 4 random ones makes it far more accessible and much easier to get useful rewards for fractal beginners. The first 19 levels require nothing special in the way of equipment so that’s a nice pool to pick from without any investment.