Getting Ascended Viper Trinkets

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Weo weo.6378

Weo weo.6378

Hey guys,

I’d just like to know which LS3 stories and maps have the option of farming/ achieving HoT stat Trinkets. So Far I’ve managed to get the Backpiece/ pendant from Lake Doric. I was advised to go to Bloodstone, but the drop rate of blood rubies is cringe.

Any advice would be nice, I’m currently missing both rings and earrings and using mismatched sinister/ dire pieces in their place. This build is going to be for a Condition ranger for raids/ fractals.

Multiple Class Disorder

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

bitterfrost frontier can give you a ring (2 rings if you attune one) and one accessory (also a backpack but you got 1 already), you can get the last accessory from ranked PVP, which starts soon.

Once you get started with raids you can get a different ring for the last infusion slot (which isn’t complusory btw)

Weo weo.6378

Once you get started with raids you can get a different ring for the last infusion slot (which isn’t complusory btw)

Oh, what do you mean by that?
I was under the impression that most raids demanded you link them Gear and L.I. I was told that ascended gear is minimum requirement. Sorry if it seems like a obvious question I’ve only decided to raid recently, I’m still predominantly a pvp/ wvw player.

Multiple Class Disorder

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

I was under the impression that most raids demanded you link them Gear and L.I. I was told that ascended gear is minimum requirement. Sorry if it seems like a obvious question I’ve only decided to raid recently, I’m still predominantly a pvp/ wvw player.

if u did what I said you can get 2 rings from bitterfrost, but they are both the “same” ring, so you can’t attune and infuse both of them due to the unique nature of asc trinkets, so the max number of infusion slots you get is 17 with this strategy, so I was saying once you do get full ascended gear and start raiding you can substitute one of the rings to get the max 18 infusions which saves you a bit of gold (not much I think), but in the mean time you get full asc viper trinkets.

Weo weo.6378

if u did what I said you can get 2 rings from bitterfrost, but they are both the “same” ring, so you can’t attune and infuse both of them due to the unique nature of asc trinkets, so the max number of infusion slots you get is 17 with this strategy, so I was saying once you do get full ascended gear and start raiding you can substitute one of the rings to get the max 18 infusions which saves you a bit of gold (not much I think), but in the mean time you get full asc viper trinkets.

Okay, Thank you.

Multiple Class Disorder

Posted by: ButterPeanut.9746

ButterPeanut.9746

If you have the time, or play wvw and PvP, the bloodstone fen ones are by far the best. For 100 unbound magic you can reset the stats, effectively making them legendary trinkets

Weo weo.6378

If you have the time, or play wvw and PvP, the bloodstone fen ones are by far the best. For 100 unbound magic you can reset the stats, effectively making them legendary trinkets

Yeah, from what I can see, it was around 50 from rewards tracks which would be very fast to get once ranked pops out on the 8th. Thanks for the help guys.

Multiple Class Disorder

Posted by: Laulajatar.4253

Laulajatar.4253

Didn’t see Ember Bay mentioned at all, so....

Bloodstone Fen: Amulet, Ring, Backpiece, can be reset for 100 magic
Ember Bay: Earring, Backpiece
Bitterfrost: Ring, Earring, Backpiece
Lake Doric: Amulet, Backpiece

You can get berries in Bitterfrost, ~50 in 10 min with a new toon each, so thats the least of the problems. There are a lot of nodes in the northwest of the map.
For petrified wood in Ember Bay, dailies and some easy bosses that drop them (sloth/domi) and a few hearts daily work wonders. All hearts can be done on multiple characters, too.
Blood rubies drop rate sucks, but make sure to do the 20 sec dailies each day (magic gatherer and skill user) and grab whatever boss is up when you glide past. You could go for 2 rings from Bitterfrost first and change one later, no need to spend raid tokens on trinkets in my opinion. And the stat change on those is awesome.

This is no signature.
Cloud of Sparrows [CoS]

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Bloodstone fen is the best place to get the items you can get there because you can reset them.

In terms of farmable maps, bitterfrost is on par with silverwastes in terms of loot you can get. Plus the berries can be consumed for unbound magic instead of salvaged. one. at. a. time. with. an. annoying. prompt. each. kittening. time.

Unless you’re doing the leather farm, doric lake is a horrible map for loot, same with ember bay.

Doing the rewards tracks from wvw and spvp go a long way. 14 days of doing all 4 dailies from either will complete an entire track, not counting progress made playing and doing the dailies.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I’m getting full sets for my toons, and i do as follow

Backpack: Bloodstone crystal or jade crystal currency or winterberry
Amulet: Bloodstone crystal
Accesoiry 1: Petrified wood
Accessoiry 2: Winterberries
Ring 1: Bloodstone crystal
Ring 2: Winterberry

This prevents that one ring must be attuned and other not. It also splits evenly among maps (a little more on bloodstone crystal/winterberry), but last is very easy to farm, and bloodstone crystal can be fast get if needed with pvp/wvw track, or doing map specific stuff, or farming home node (3 a day).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

You can buy a permanent node of bloodstone (provides you 3 units a day), a permanent log of petrified wood and a permanent whatever for the Leoric Lake tokens. Each one cost 50 gold coins + 10k unbound magic. The nodes appear in your home city.

Each one can be harvested daily so you get enough to buy several sets of trinkets in matter of months with minimal effort. Winterberries and undbound magic are the easiest tokens to farm, in their respective maps.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I would absolutely recommend getting everything you can from Bitterfrost Frontier. It’s easy to get around 80-90 berries per day. That’s a ring and an earring which if you do full farms, will only take you about a week to earn.

I’d recommend getting your second earring from Ember Bay. You can also get this with decent pacing by relying on the daily hearts and daily quests to give you Petrified wood, and the actual nodes will help.

The second ring is the tricky one, trying to farm Bloodstone Fen is a pain. I would, however, strongly recommend at least clearing your dailies on Bloodstone Fen regularly and working towards it over time. If you have the gold it may be worth considering buying the Strange Rock and getting yourself Rurik’s Engagement Ring.

I would not recommend Ascended Shards of Glory on items other than armor pieces because unique skins. PvP and WvW tracks are a very reliable source of Blood Rubies, however.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)