Getting DR?

Getting DR?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Freky.1903

Freky.1903

Why am I getting DR for a dungeon I haven’t ran since yesterday morning? I ran SE path 3 and path 1 and then 30 minutes later ran AC path 2 and I only get 20 token? AND we ran it in 45 minutes so why am I getting only 20 token?

(edited by Freky.1903)

Getting DR?

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

Report it as a bug, with exact times if possible:o At least thats what Anet wants, as itll be easier to figure out what the problem is.

Havnt had the DR issue ever since Anet promised they patched one of its bug,

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Getting DR?

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

This is not the DR system.

You must have run the same path twice in the same ‘day’ – you get a first-time path of 60 tokens, and if you run the same path before the daily reset (based on a 0:00 GMT), then you will get 20 for running it a second time.

Getting DR?

Posted by: DeadlyStormZ.2370

DeadlyStormZ.2370

I just finished path 2, got 60…
then I finished path 1, got 30, why?

Getting DR?

Posted by: Flippetized.2657

Flippetized.2657

I just finished path 2, got 60…
then I finished path 1, got 30, why?

You probably ran path 1 before the daily reset.

Getting DR?

DeadlyStormZ.2370

just did path 2 again (after doing path 1), with different character, got 30.
Something is not right.

Getting DR?

Posted by: Siam.1278

Siam.1278

@DeadlyStormZ: DR for dungeons is for your whole account, not individual characters. Anet has mentioned this before on some thread.

Getting DR?

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Is there some sort of DR timer we can check in game? If not, there should be one.

Getting DR?

DeadlyStormZ.2370

but still, regardless the different characters, i did different paths but still hit by DR. why?

Getting DR?

DeadlyStormZ.2370

I think I run them too fast…? That’s the only explaination

Getting DR?

Posted by: Choppah.4398

Choppah.4398

How are people getting 30 for 2nd runs? This seems odd and unfair to say the least, as many get 20 and as the dev stated its intended that way.

Getting DR?

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Getting 30 must be a bug. There is no math for getting 30. You can get either 60 or 20.
And running another path reset other paths. So you should get again 60.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Getting DR?

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Good chance you are running them to fast. Dungeon DR to stop speed clearing is terrible. I run AC once a day with my guild and we literally have to wait outside the final boss battle for around 10 minutes so that we aren’t penalized for going through the dungeon too quickly. Its not our fault we found efficient builds that allow us to complete things quickly.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

Getting DR?

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

As far as I understand the DR system is that every first run you do of the day of a path you get 60 tokens, 20 of those being the standard for a path where as 40 is the bonus for the first time of that day.

I also believe (Don’t quote me if I’m wrong) that DR also kicks in if you are doing dungeon after dungeon within 30 minutes or less (roughly). At least from reading peoples comments the ones hit by DR either didn’t wait till day reset, did the path already or have been doing them too fast.

I do a lot of dungeons every day but I’ve never once been hit by DR. Nor have any of the people I do the dungeons with so the DR system is working fine for people who do dungeons normally without going too fast.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Getting DR?

Parisalchuk.9230

As far as I understand the DR system is that every first run you do of the day of a path you get 60 tokens, 20 of those being the standard for a path where as 40 is the bonus for the first time of that day.

I also believe (Don’t quote me if I’m wrong) that DR also kicks in if you are doing dungeon after dungeon within 30 minutes or less (roughly). At least from reading peoples comments the ones hit by DR either didn’t wait till day reset, did the path already or have been doing them too fast.

I do a lot of dungeons every day but I’ve never once been hit by DR. Nor have any of the people I do the dungeons with so the DR system is working fine for people who do dungeons normally without going too fast.

Can I ask how fast you are finishing? My group legitimately fights through a dungeon get to the last boss in ~20 minutes and then sit and wait till the 30 minute mark rolls around do we can finish off the boss and not be punished.

This is why Anet needs to give more information on their DR system. Very quickly our group is getting upset about just sitting around waiting and we most likely will move on if that issue is not resolved or more information is released.

Getting DR?

Fay.2735

Can I ask how fast you are finishing? My group legitimately fights through a dungeon get to the last boss in ~20 minutes and then sit and wait till the 30 minute mark rolls around do we can finish off the boss and not be punished.

This is why Anet needs to give more information on their DR system. Very quickly our group is getting upset about just sitting around waiting and we most likely will move on if that issue is not resolved or more information is released.

What dungeon are you doing? I don’t think we ever finish dungeons in 20 minutes but we like to take our time, have a laugh and stuff. We spend most of the day in dungeons so we sometimes go AFK and such as well. We just aren’t in a rush to get to the end but rather enjoy the journey. (I’ve completed all dungeons except for Arah)

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Getting DR?

Parisalchuk.9230

What dungeon are you doing? I don’t think we ever finish dungeons in 20 minutes but we like to take our time, have a laugh and stuff. We spend most of the day in dungeons so we sometimes go AFK and such as well. We just aren’t in a rush to get to the end but rather enjoy the journey. (I’ve completed all dungeons except for Arah)

We right now are specifically doing AC and CM. We aren’t ‘trying’ to go fast, we just go through it. Most of us are friends IRL so we also chat and joke and laugh. Once you do a dungeon enough times you know who to target, what to take out and how to do it quickly.

Getting DR?

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

Getting 30 must be a bug. There is no math for getting 30. You can get either 60 or 20.
And running another path reset other paths. So you should get again 60.

Running another path doesn’t reset the others.

If you’ve got 60 on a path that day you won’t get 60 again until server reset. Doing Path 1 then Path 2 then Path 1 again won’t get you 60 for that second go at path 1.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

Getting DR?

Fay.2735

We right now are specifically doing AC and CM. We aren’t ‘trying’ to go fast, we just go through it. Most of us are friends IRL so we also chat and joke and laugh. Once you do a dungeon enough times you know who to target, what to take out and how to do it quickly.

Ah yes AC and CM are pretty easy to do once you are used to it. Maybe they should adjust the DR for certain dungeons so the time is reduced seeing as some dungeons/paths are pretty easy/fast to do with practice.

Getting DR?

Posted by: GrayGhost.6857

GrayGhost.6857

There are still bugs with the dungeon rewards. I can start doing runs after a couple of days of not doing them and still end up getting 20 or 30 tokens instead of 60 like I’m supposed to. It seems to even affect my other characters if I did a run on a different character. Path 1 on my level 80 guardian made it so that path 2 on my 36 Warrior only gave 30 tokens. They have a lot of testing and work to do considering this bug or different variations of this bug have been around and continue to remain.

As yes I am talking about the first run of the day for a given path, not repeat runs. Its bugged, has been bugged, and still seems like it will remain bugged for a bit.

Getting DR?

Freky.1903

This is not the DR system.

You must have run the same path twice in the same ‘day’ – you get a first-time path of 60 tokens, and if you run the same path before the daily reset (based on a 0:00 GMT), then you will get 20 for running it a second time.

I ran the dungeon before the reset, I ran it at noon Alaska time the day prior and I believe that they reset around 4PM my time. Then I ran it the next day after the reset at I believe 1 so it had been over 24 hours and after the reset.

Getting DR?

Freky.1903

The whole problem is that it was AFTER server reset. I have to be at work by 3:15pm so I leave my house around 2:30, before the reset. Reset happens at 4pm my time and then when I get on the next morning I can do the dungeons again and get the 60 tokens. That didn’t happen this time it took away my extra 40 tokens even though it was after reset.